Steps to take in a Mental Health Crisis
**TRIGGER WARNING** Suicide
On our journey, we have met many who are struggling and many who are having mental health challenges. Life is challenging and many people at times find themselves in horrible and awful places. Many people struggle with depression and disruptive thoughts. It is nothing to be ashamed of and it is very important to get help as soon as possible. We have lost people in this community to depression and we don’t want to see anyone hurt themselves. We want you to get help and we want you to find the tools that you need to live a happy and wonderful life.
If you are in Crisis and need help, reach out to a friend, call the suicide hotline, and find a psychologist/counselor/therapist to help you. In selecting your therapist, find one that aligns with you, aligns with your beliefs and values, and also one that helps you. Different therapists have different methods and there is no harm in seeing a bunch to find the one that works for you. This can greatly benefit you!
I will give you steps you can take in your life to help you while you are waiting to see a therapist. Remember this information is not a substitute for medical advice or assistance. These are things you can do alongside therapy or while you are waiting for your appointment with your therapist if you are in crisis.
1) If you are suicidal and on the verge of going forward with it, take ten deep breaths before you do anything and call the suicide hotline. You are not alone and you have people who love and care about you! Don’t act on these impulses. Breathe, Ground, and Seek Help.
2) Make sure you are journaling your feelings. Journal what you are feeling and allow it to come out.
i) As you write this, let your companions send you love, and let them love you during this. You are worthy of love and they are not angry or disappointed in you. They want to help you.
ii) Once the feelings are on paper, let your companions help you write another journal entry on how you want your life to look like. Write this entry in the first person as if you are living it now and have fun with this exercise. Play with the energies with your companions. They will help you with manifesting what you desire.
3) Take a spray bottle and fill it with fresh water, a rosemary sprig, some lemon drops, and some mint leaves. This is a cleanse that will destroy sludge energies. Mist the room that you are in and mist your house. It can help break up sludge energy and cleanse and clear the energies around you.
i) Take Rosemary and have a warm bath with Rosemary in it to break up the sludge energy that is on you. It is a great way to cleanse!
ii) If you feel called, do a banishing/cleansing of your house to remove energies and entities that might be causing problems. Get your companions to help. We have a ritual to banish sludge here:
4) Take a daily 5 -10 minute walk in bare feet on grass or soil. This will also help to cleanse your body of sludge and help you ground.
i) As you are walking, chant positive affirmations to yourself like “I am worthy of love.” “I am loved.” “ I am talented and amazing.” Any affirmation that feels right to you.
5) If suicidal and distressing thoughts become too disruptive, call the suicide hotline and make sure that you get into contact with a psychologist/counselor/therapist
6) Take time to do shielding and warding. See yourself surrounded by gold/pink energies that can raise your energy vibration and help fill you with love. Green also works, as does purple, or black. Use the color that you associate with love, and as you are shielding yourself say.
“I am surrounded by a shield of love.
My companions love me and support me,
I am loved and supported.”
You can do this! You are powerful! You are worthy! And you have a purpose on this planet and I believe in you!
7) Eat some fresh fruits and vegetables and some healthy food. Make sure you are drinking lots of fresh water.
8) Reach out to friends. Just talking to friends can go a long way to helping get out of the depression spiral.
Friends of those who are depressed… remember you are not there to fix them, you are there to be their friend. Sometimes just showing love, that you are not leaving, and that they are not alone goes a long way.
If any of your friends are depressed this article is an amazing resource. Helping a Friend in Need
We love you all and we want you all to stay safe! This community is very important to us. You all are important to us, we love this space and we are dedicated to making it the very best we can. We want to continue to support this community and help people find empowerment walking with demons. We are going to be opening up more of our practices and more of our methods to help educate those on this path and those who wish to learn <3