Where did all of you magical folks start?

Questions and Answers for where to begin on the Darker Spiritual Paths.

Moderator: Akelta

Nexus

Infernal Ascendant wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:16 am
Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:24 am
( I've listened to a lot of satanic music, i.e metal etc. nothing convinced me for some reason). I would listen to other music, it was less aggressive but dark,
Wanted to clarify the music part - not all metal music has satanic lyrics and imagery, not all of it is "Satanic" as there are many other sub genres with different other subject matters, different belief systems etc. :devilviolin:
Fun Fact: a very metal/screamo band called Oh Sleeper is extremely Christian and they base all their songs off biblical stories and figures. There are other bands similar to them as well. That's the thing about music: it is not limited to religion and personal beliefs. It is capable of being relatable no matter the background.

End of my tangent. :P
Yekarah
Your favourite Demon?: Satan
Number of Demon Familiars: 3

Ishvala wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:43 am
Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:16 am
Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:24 am
( I've listened to a lot of satanic music, i.e metal etc. nothing convinced me for some reason). I would listen to other music, it was less aggressive but dark,
Wanted to clarify the music part - not all metal music has satanic lyrics and imagery, not all of it is "Satanic" as there are many other sub genres with different other subject matters, different belief systems etc. :devilviolin:
Fun Fact: a very metal/screamo band called Oh Sleeper is extremely Christian and they base all their songs off biblical stories and figures. There are other bands similar to them as well. That's the thing about music: it is not limited to religion and personal beliefs. It is capable of being relatable no matter the background.

End of my tangent. :P
Exactly. Sometimes feels like some kind of oxymoron but it happens. :devilfre:
"I am a forest, and a night of dark trees: but he who is not afraid of my darkness, will find banks full of roses under my cypresses."

judiss
Patron Deities: Lucifer
Your favourite Demon?: Lilith, Ronove, Beelzebub
Number of Demon Familiars: 5

I think I'm still considered new to the path but I would say the first thing that I did which was overtly "occult" was when I read about demons in books and literature. It was summer, I was in college and I grabbed a random book from the 12th floor stacks and it was a very old copy of "The Devil in Legend and Literature". Read a couple more books, lore, etc but I didn't really do anything spiritual until... well I've always talked to myself a lot - just to a voice in my head - but then one day it "talked back" so to speak (my intro post) and here I am...

I'd say claircognizance was always my strongest sense and my second-strongest was clairaudience.

To be honest, I went down this path because I was just curious as to whether or not demons and ghoulies were real or not and... right now I'm in the fake-it-til-you-make-it stage. It was very hard for me in the beginning as a scientist because I was able to explain away a lot of so-called "synchronicities" or "manifestations" as natural phenomena or the like but I was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be (that didn't make a lot of sense sorry)! There are quite a few Dark Lords who are also passionate about the sciences (eg. Lords Beelzebub, Lucifer, Stolas...). Forging relationships with DLs and just chatting with them about various topics is always very cerebral and enlightening and I guess... that's the direction I'm headed :^)
ᛚᛇᚲᚾᚨᚱᛁ:ᚹᛟᚱᛞ
Mabooka of the Iiopotto

Image: "Faust in his Study" - oil on canvas - by Philipp Winterwerb
Dragonoake
Patron Deities: Zepar, Delipitore
Number of Demon Familiars: 4

Ishvala wrote:
Fun Fact: a very metal/screamo band called Oh Sleeper is extremely Christian and they base all their songs off biblical stories and figures. There are other bands similar to them as well.
And it's nothing new...
There was a Christian Metal band called Stryper back in the 80's
The first step in working miracles is realizing that you can.
Nexus

Dragonoake wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:58 am
Ishvala wrote:
Fun Fact: a very metal/screamo band called Oh Sleeper is extremely Christian and they base all their songs off biblical stories and figures. There are other bands similar to them as well.
And it's nothing new...
There was a Christian Metal band called Stryper back in the 80's
Exactly my point. :P
Yekarah
Your favourite Demon?: Satan
Number of Demon Familiars: 3

Some other details that I'd like to mention that also (subliminally) peaked my interest in the occult was that I also had some very dark vivid dreams which involved me seeing and briefly interacting with mysterious robed figures, from a distance. Each one of them wore long, black robes, I couldn't see their faces at all, as they were completely void if that makes sense - it was like staring into a dark abyss. These were very rare occurrences, I think these only happened twice so far, each dream was several years apart, and they happened many years ago - they were so powerful to me that they were hard to forget. I'm assuming that these might have been "The watchers" or "Grigori", or demons dressed in robes? I'm not sure what but that's what comes to mind for me.
"I am a forest, and a night of dark trees: but he who is not afraid of my darkness, will find banks full of roses under my cypresses."

Nexus

Something odd I'd like to mention is that I learned that the occult follows us. As a child I experienced things since I was young, albeit seemingly subtle and sometimes few or far between the years. As I grew older and I walked different religious or spiritual paths it still poked its metaphorical head into my life. When I finally decided to try and commit, it felt as if I was greeting an old friend.

So, in short, I think those that are meant for this path will always know it. Deep inside themselves. I've never heard of someone just up and deciding to be a Witch, Right or Left hand, without having that sort of past familiarity that comes with the decision. Have you?
Dragonoake
Patron Deities: Zepar, Delipitore
Number of Demon Familiars: 4

Ishvala wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:54 am
So, in short, I think those that are meant for this path will always know it. Deep inside themselves. I've never heard of someone just up and deciding to be a Witch, Right or Left hand, without having that sort of past familiarity that comes with the decision.
I'll go along with that
The first step in working miracles is realizing that you can.
Cerber
Patron Deities: Alice

I, for one, think, believe, all our occult/spirituality, more often than not, is mostly made of things/places/people we knew but forgot, and only a small bit of it is new discoveries. Most of the time we are merely rediscovering our selves, forgotten selves.
Nexus

Cerber wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:02 pm
I, for one, think, believe, all our occult/spirituality, more often than not, is mostly made of things/places/people we knew but forgot, and only a small bit of it is new discoveries. Most of the time we are merely rediscovering our selves, forgotten selves.
Do you mean things we forgot in this life while growing up? Or in others before?

Return to “Starting out on the LHP and the Dark Spiritual Paths”