Advent Day 20 - Music & Shufflemancy

Moderator: Akelta

ysabeau
Patron Deities: King Paimon, Thor, Skadi, Hades & Persephone, Leviathan, Uphir
Your favourite Demon?: Arachne, Serpentine, Necrosis, Void
Number of Demon Familiars: 17

A Cryptmas Advent Calendar

It's the time of the year when the days grow cold and the nights get dark. Where you find yourself bundled up to get cozy for the winter. On this advent calendar, we are focusing on the connections with our companions and loved ones around us. You can do each activity out of order, skip some, or do all of them. Whatever draws you in, allow those creative and comforting energies to flow. This is a time of friends and family, those that we want around us. Bring your companions along!

Day Twenty

Day Twenty is a fun one! Toady is exploring a different means of communication with your companions. Music! Music is a beautiful way of expression emotions, conveying messages, and just giving a sense of beautiful connection. Shufflemancy is a method of divination where you create a playlist, or just be a brave soul on youtube music, and you shuffle the music so that anything can play. most use their own music library or choose a specific playlist. For this one, you can absolutely do some wonderful holiday music or you can choose the absolute bangers that are wiggled into that noggin of yours. Anything goes!

Turn on the music, hit shuffle and ask your companion to join you. There's no right or wrong way to do this, just shuffling the music. See what comes up and if they are enjoying themselves along with you.

Feel free to post below to share your experiences! Make sure to journal them as well if you want to keep track of your manifestations and experiences.

You can skip this one or you can do it later on if you will or you can do it multiple times.
Two roads diverged in a wood and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that made all the difference. - Robert Frost
ysabeau
Patron Deities: King Paimon, Thor, Skadi, Hades & Persephone, Leviathan, Uphir
Your favourite Demon?: Arachne, Serpentine, Necrosis, Void
Number of Demon Familiars: 17

I guess that my first one that I'm going to be doing for the Advent is this one. While writing for the post, I really felt the desire to listen to christmas music. I grew up with it, so it reminds me of some of the happiest times when I was a kid. I can't help but really want to have it during this season. Capture what once was. When things were much simpler and happiness felt more carefree.

So I opened my Spotify - which doesn't show much to me.. and it immediately had the exact Christmas list up advertised. I definitely know this was my companions. They have been helping me more as I open back up to being more spiritual.

Definitely enjoying the music.
So to choose one...
They literally played:
Santa Claus is coming to Town.. with What a Wonderful World right after. So they have great plans ahead.

Two roads diverged in a wood and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that made all the difference. - Robert Frost
Abini:tan
Number of Demon Familiars: 11

I tried this with Flicker and got these songs.

Warning for some flashing on this one. The second track.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright before you hear them speak.
karenwpi
Patron Deities: Uphir
Your favourite Demon?: Uphir, Pazuzu, Chernobog
Number of Demon Familiars: 3

We did this at work throughout the night. I have my music going which is a range of rap & hip hop & there is the store overhead music which is All Over the Board.

Best part of the entire night was when N.W.A.'s F*** Tha Police played with glorious Christmas music for backdrop and a potbellied copper with old tired eyes looked at me....I just laughed and said. Oops! Lo siento, sir. He shrugged his shoulders, listened into his communication system and wandered off. After paying, of course lolol.
Karen S
Wynd Runner
Patron Deities: Lilith, Astaroth, Satan, and Lucifer

karenwpi wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2023 9:25 pm
We did this at work throughout the night. I have my music going which is a range of rap & hip hop & there is the store overhead music which is All Over the Board.

Best part of the entire night was when N.W.A.'s F*** Tha Police played with glorious Christmas music for backdrop and a potbellied copper with old tired eyes looked at me....I just laughed and said. Oops! Lo siento, sir. He shrugged his shoulders, listened into his communication system and wandered off. After paying, of course lolol.
I love that song! And, I would have loved to have been a bystander to see that! LOL
"Will you spill the wine
to summon the divine?"

Darkness at the Heart of my Love - Ghost
Wynd Runner
Patron Deities: Lilith, Astaroth, Satan, and Lucifer

Music and Shufflemancy . . . I read this and stepped away because I was not sure how to do this.

I know the suffix "__mancy" means divination or receiving messages via whatever the prefix part of the word may be.

While I was walking around, one of my companions came to me and suggested doing it by what randomly comes up on Youtube.

I was happy to hear the suggestion. I asked they work through to guide me on something in the top two rows when I start by opening Youtube, then something from the top suggestions on the right, and do this for five songs total for a message.

I got:

♫ Best Uplifting Trance Mix - All Time Favourites #1
(The Youtube code would not allow for a preview and play no matter what I tried.)

VTSS | Boiler Room Madrid: Mondo Disko XIX
(The Youtube code would not allow for a preview and play.)

Interpreted meaning:

I found the last song fascinating. I do not know what language the last song was sung in, though I guess it may be Hindi; and I do not know what they were saying.

I felt the last song was important. I paid attention to what they were doing. The song and dancing started with the lead woman acting like she might be drunk and then the lead man pulling down the sash to cover her mid-rift. There was general tension throughout the video between the women and the men. Water played an important role. In the end, the lead lady did not get along with the lead man or the other men.

I felt like the five song list was an over-arch of my growth and development showing me general positive growth. I am doing good, yay! I felt like the last song was a message to take care of myself (the water) and to not allow others to control me, nor for me to try and control others, for either situation would be an unhealthy unbalance . . . ultimately, be myself.

"Be yourself" is a message my companions have consistently been giving me.

This was fun! Thank you :devillove:
"Will you spill the wine
to summon the divine?"

Darkness at the Heart of my Love - Ghost
karenwpi
Patron Deities: Uphir
Your favourite Demon?: Uphir, Pazuzu, Chernobog
Number of Demon Familiars: 3

Wynd Runner wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2023 10:37 am
karenwpi wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2023 9:25 pm

I love that song! And, I would have loved to have been a bystander to see that! LOL
Sometimes, I simply Love my job!!!! So many micro-moments of interest-piquing stuff!!!
Karen S
Astarosche
Patron Deities: Azazel, Mammon, Marbas, Leviathan, Lucifer, my Companions, Clauneck, Choronzon
Your favourite Demon?: my Companions, Azazel

I do not like so much Christmas Songs. I celebrate Yule, the holiday season of love, I do not like mainstream.
I made this playlist with my Solar Commander.
The first song is Massive Attack Teardrop. The lyrics is beautyful and stands for my intuition.
Here comes the lyrics:
Later we listened to Portishead Roads, Severance from Dead Can Dance and some newer David Bowie songs.
Attachments
IMG_20231224_165614.jpg
IMG_20231224_165614.jpg (45.05 KiB) Viewed 2055 times

Return to “A Crypt Demon Cryptmas Carol 2023”