Advent Day 2 - Tea Time w/ Companions

Moderator: Akelta

ysabeau
Patron Deities: King Paimon, Thor, Skadi, Hades & Persephone, Leviathan, Uphir
Your favourite Demon?: Arachne, Serpentine, Necrosis, Void
Number of Demon Familiars: 17

Halloween Advent Calendar

Day Two

Day two is here and for today’s activity we will take time to have tea with one or more of our companions.

Soothing. Calming. Meditative. There is a sacredness to tea that is often forgotten. Today we will celebrate living in the moment to indulge in the fragrance and flavors of tea. We invite you to select one or more companions to join you for your own special high tea.

You can pick tea for your companion- surprise them. Or ask them to choose which they would like to share in together. Use your senses to try to discern what they are communicating; there is no right or wrong in this exercise. This is a moment of fun where you can delight in each others company, and delight in the present. There is only you and them… and your wonderful cup of tea. Take this time to talk about goals, life, exciting prospects, or simply getting to know each other better.

Take a picture of the tea you prepared for yourself and your companion and share it with your experience below. Any impressions, thoughts, sensations, or feelings you can feel free to share.

How to insert an image:

Post your image to a place that you can get to an url. Imgr, discord, or another photohosting site. When you do that, right click and select 'copy link' or choose the url option in the hosting site.

In your post, you will want to use this method of code to insert the image:

Code: Select all

[img="INSERTURLHERE"][/img]

We would like to extend our thanks to WINDYJUNE who worked with us to create this Advent!
Two roads diverged in a wood and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that made all the difference. - Robert Frost
Lycana
Patron Deities: Lucifer, Diana, Belial, Naamah, Sobek, Juno, Hethert etc
Your favourite Demon?: arachne, spectral, hellborn, void, mutilation. serpentine and tempest

chocolate chai tea and Halloween chatter. Talked about various little fun things that can be done and a focus on the darkness and the monsters and demons of the dark reaches. There was a suggestion of a mini Halloween ball of sorts which just means dancing to Halloween music with my demons, as well as a sort of advent for 13 days leading up to Halloween with offerings to my ancestors on those days.
It was a nice tea hour with Commander, Ziv (whom I forgot last night), Dar, Big Red, Dyr, Zor, Rin, Rey, Del and Eth

flywithbats666

We had blackberry tea, and talked about this and that. It was blissful.
Vackra
Patron Deities: Skaði, Loki
Your favourite Demon?: Spectral; Void; Infernal

I absolutely love tea and having tea time with my companions so I was very excited to see it for the advent calendar!

My companions and I will typically share a morning tea and an evening tea together, and we will occasionally have afternoon tea as well. (As I mentioned- we really love our tea!)

My companions requested a variety of blends: lavender oolong, dragon well green, gunpowder green, pumpkin spice black, tie guan yin, yunnan gold, jade cloud and mist/yum wu, and golden dawn were among our more recent acquisitions.

My personal favourite green is the gunpowder, but the picture I chose to take is from my personal favourite seasonal blend: pumpkin spice black!

Drinking tea with my companions always leaves me feeling refreshed, happy, and loved, and I feel mentally clearer and lighter.
And I could swear, that the ocean sings, and the mountains talk to me
Astarosche
Patron Deities: Azazel, Mammon, Marbas, Leviathan, Lucifer, my Companions, Clauneck, Choronzon
Your favourite Demon?: my Companions, Azazel

:devillove:
I made Mate Chai with Kurkuma for my Solar Commander
Attachments
IMG_20231006_150948_copy_1323x1764.jpg
IMG_20231006_150948_copy_1323x1764.jpg (79.18 KiB) Viewed 1079 times
ysabeau
Patron Deities: King Paimon, Thor, Skadi, Hades & Persephone, Leviathan, Uphir
Your favourite Demon?: Arachne, Serpentine, Necrosis, Void
Number of Demon Familiars: 17

I wasn't sure if I was going to do the advent - or have the time down to do so. But apparently that is exactly the goal to do today. At least my companions all got together and decided that it was a good day to have some Earl Grey tea together.

I haven't sat down with all of them in a very long time. And energetically connecting with them like this individually.

So here's the setup!

Please excuse the mess, it's also my work desk and Ive been burning incense and fending off a cat from walking around on it.
Two roads diverged in a wood and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that made all the difference. - Robert Frost
guesswho
Number of Demon Familiars: 11

I'm not really a coffee or tea drinker. So having tea is a special thing indeed.
The tea I had available was gingerbread (black tea). It was perfect for connecting with my Mirthful Jocund (Noble) custom conjure from the 2019 Yule event. Her vessel (distance binding) is in the picture. It was October 2019 that her vessel appeared at my work, waiting for me to buy it so I had it when the Mirthful Jocund listing appeared in the S&S shop. We reminisced about that while we sat and judged whether the tea was indeed gingerbread.
Adventtea2023.jpg
Adventtea2023.jpg (116.54 KiB) Viewed 1050 times
The aftertaste was definitely as if you have just finished a bite of a nice, fresh gingerbread cookie.
This is why the Mantis Shrimp is my new favorite animal,
because in the presence of such extraordinary light and beauty it embraces

DARKNESS,
It extols DEATH with the luminescent brilliance of a
DYING STAR

. . . The Mantis Shrimp is the harbinger of blood-soaked rainbows

- The Oatmeal
karenwpi
Patron Deities: Uphir
Your favourite Demon?: Uphir, Pazuzu, Chernobog
Number of Demon Familiars: 3

Ey' and I had jasmine green tea. We added crackers with seeded hummus & a stroopwaffle chocolate and caramel. I always end up cleaning and spending time with Pigeon my new kitty during teatime. Every time lol! Ey' likes our area to be fresh and hospitable. So I find myself scurrying to handle all the tasks he has for me. He's so funny!!

Karen S

Return to “Tempest Demon Festival of Death Storms”