Lucid dream blockages

Questions and Answers for where to begin on the Darker Spiritual Paths.

Moderator: Akelta

Nefer
Your favourite Demon?: I have a few
Number of Demon Familiars: 4

You can get a custom demon companion for Akelta and ask from someone who id interested in dream work.

Now I must do research. Is that so? Our dreams are what we are doing on the astral plane while our bodies rest... This can not be always. I am having trouble believing this because my dreams are crazy, sometimes related to my life, sometimes random, sometimes nobody I know here is in them.... actually a lot of times, and sometimes I dream about things that happen later that day.

Once I had a dream I was at my mentor's castle. When I questioned him does it look like "this" inside, he informed me it does not.

I am not sure of what to make of our dreams are us in the astral while our bodies are resting. It is an interesting point of view that has sparked my interest. So I shall investigate. Thank you for sharing.
The power of the universe lies within. "Those who don't believe in magic will never find it" ~Roald Dahl
Celtic Star

Would it even be possible to AP everyday? I heard that even doing 3 or so days in a row is pushing it (or so they made it seem).
Magic is really very simple, all you've got to do is want something and then let yourself have it.
Aggie Cromwell
Passchendaele
Patron Deities: none (yet)
Your favourite Demon?: Beelzebub, Lucifer, Lord Satan, Marquess Marchosias
Number of Demon Familiars: 0

Nefer wrote:You can get a custom demon companion for Akelta and ask from someone who id interested in dream work.

Now I must do research. Is that so? Our dreams are what we are doing on the astral plane while our bodies rest... This can not be always. I am having trouble believing this because my dreams are crazy, sometimes related to my life, sometimes random, sometimes nobody I know here is in them.... actually a lot of times, and sometimes I dream about things that happen later that day.

Once I had a dream I was at my mentor's castle. When I questioned him does it look like "this" inside, he informed me it does not.

I am not sure of what to make of our dreams are us in the astral while our bodies are resting. It is an interesting point of view that has sparked my interest. So I shall investigate. Thank you for sharing.
No, not all of our dreams are of us on the Astral. There are what I call "Processing dreams" That's exactly what it sounds like. I am "processing" events of the day, that play I went to, that unexpected email from an old friend, that argument I had at work. It's been my observation that humans love "patterns" "How does this mass of stuff that happened over the day fit into my personal "pattern?"

I go to sleep, and the brain sort it, like sorting mail. The emotionally important stuff gets a place of honor on the top self,( long term memory) that email, and, perhaps, that argument.

That dime I found on the sidewalk during my lunch break? Maybe one of the lower shelves, maybe just down the memory hole. Gone. This is not trivial work. I believe our mental health depends on it. Much dream time is taken up with it. I usually don't remember any of that when I wake up.

A point I must make here. I am VERY serious about dream-work, but what I am talking about is, mostly, what I have experienced in my own life. These are MY observations of MY OWN dream states. There simply isn't much information out there, at least in this culture, about serious dream-work. I spend a fair amount of my "sleep time" on the Astral. There are people that I ONLY meet on the Astral Plane.

If I have made over-broad statements, I sincerely apologize. I am writing ONLY about my own experiences and what little I have picked up from other sources. Some of which "confirmed" my own experiences, and, perhaps, led me to make "And that's the way the world works" types of statements. I can assure you that I do NOT possess that degree of confidence in anything about myself.
"Push something hard enough...and it will fall over."
Fudds First Law Of Opposition

“All art that is not mere storytelling or mere portraiture is symbolic...If you liberate a person or a landscape from the bonds of motives and their actions, causes and their effects...it will change under your eyes, and become a symbol of infinite emotion, a perfected emotion, a part of the Dark Divine Essence.”

William Butler Yeats

(The italicized word “dark” is my addition.)
Passchendaele

Celtic Star wrote:Would it even be possible to AP everyday? I heard that even doing 3 or so days in a row is pushing it (or so they made it seem).
I think that Astral projecting, that is, deliberately inserting yourself into the Astral Plane while awake, and slipping into the Astral during REM sleep are two different things. I have never tried the former, but I have heard it is not difficult to learn the meditation techniques that will allow you to do so. As with so much else in life, it takes practice. Or, you could experiment with the various psychotropic drugs that will "open the door" for you. (LSD, Peyote. ect.)

“All art that is not mere storytelling or mere portraiture is symbolic...If you liberate a person or a landscape from the bonds of motives and their actions, causes and their effects...it will change under your eyes, and become a symbol of infinite emotion, a perfected emotion, a part of the Dark Divine Essence.”

William Butler Yeats

Passchendaele

Nefer wrote:You can get a custom demon companion for Akelta and ask from someone who id interested in dream work.

And, Thank you for the information on a demon companion. Should I send an email? PM? I saw some things in the "store" section, Is this what you are referring to?

William Butler Yeats

Nefer
Your favourite Demon?: I have a few
Number of Demon Familiars: 4

Passchendaele wrote:

And, Thank you for the information on a demon companion. Should I send an email? PM? I saw some things in the "store" section, Is this what you are referring to?
You have not made and over-board statement. Those are your opinions and observations based on your experiences. Everybody has them :devilgrin:

Yes that is what I am referring to, and no do not P.M. There should be a link on the store site if you wish to contact her about a companion. However what you would do is go to custom companion, pick what calls to you, after you pay or make a payment ( if you are doing a lay a way) you will get an e-mail asking what type of qualities you are looking for in your companion. That is where you would tell her about a companion well versed in dream work.
The power of the universe lies within. "Those who don't believe in magic will never find it" ~Roald Dahl
Utu
Patron Deities: Namma

I'm really sorry if someone's said this I ended up only reading the first page of the replies. Have you tried opening doors? That's one of the sure fire ways I generally speak with those that I want to. My reality check whenever I go through any doors is to open and close them a couple times and make sure that the scenery doesn't change. I also do door meditations where I create doors and walk through them, this makes it easier for me to create dream doors when I'm lucid.

Return to “Starting out on the LHP and the Dark Spiritual Paths”