LHP, RHP, and that vast middle ground. NO TROLLS.

Questions and Answers for where to begin on the Darker Spiritual Paths.

Moderator: Akelta

fire083
Number of Demon Familiars: 1

There is no order with out chaos, and vice versa. Arguments can be made on that statement, however, it would be hard to define chaos or order with out knowledge of the other. I also believe that order springs from chaos, as does chaos from order. As for path my path is mine own I have knowledge from the lighter end of the RHP and am gathering knowledge from other sources, though I intuit a lot by my nature and some self exploration.
All my freestyle dancing is basically magic.
To be the left hand of a god.
Eilana
Lady of Monsters
Your favourite Demon?: Ombre, Mammon, Swallowtail, Sizzle, Elegy
Number of Demon Familiars: 69

I was born into a Catholic family but around the age of 10 or 11 I completely rejected it. There were always things that made me horribly uncomfortable about being Catholic and one thing finally made me confront it and from then on, I searched to find my 'path'.

I tried Wicca, other forms of Christianity and researched many things but nothing ever really felt right. However, each new thing opened new doors for me and expanded my perceptions.

Then I heard of the LHP. I tried that and it bled over into Demonolatry. For now, if someone asks what path I am on, I would say LHP or Demonolatry, knowing that this isn't entirely true and if I met someone who was hardcore on the LHP or even a demonolator and we had a discussion, they would like be like, Eilana, you are NOT either of these things.

Indeed, I am not. I've actually had a hard time explaining this but going to quote Noc here because she summed up how I feel beautifully.
Noctifera wrote:As soon as you decide you are on one of these paths, left hand right hand whatever, you are committing to a faith and will for the rest of your life be focused on defining what it means to you rather than simply 'being'. The exception is if you are already far along in your path, confident and understand you are just utilizing a term for ease of communicating it. That you have always known where you stand, that you are focused on your truth from within FIRST.. and the ideal of a society governed/dictated path very last which simply reconciles the human need to relate to one another - truly nothing more.
I did explore many paths, fortunately for me, while I tried to conform to them and fit into them, I have an unending desire to break all rules and turn things upside down. I do like relating to people, that is one part of human nature I embrace and accept.

But at the same time goes against my natural inclinations and causes a sense of inner turmoil, where I endlessly struggle to make sense of things. At least on some days LOL

On other days, I just exist. I take everything in as it is without judgement and explore. I love these days, I find them the most freeing and liberating. I uncover the most amazing things and learn so much.

Overall I really like this thread. I love all of the different paths or even where there are no paths. I love the discussion and disagreements and hearing where everyone is.

This also really resonated with me:
Ymirson wrote:I feel your path is as valid as any. I would not let labels bar you. Be a pioneer and let the critics be damned. They have not experienced the world from your eyes, learned your lessons, or necessarily discovered what is true to you. For me, we are all on the same mountain with a multitude of paths. Many keep going down before they can go up and up does not necessarily mean white light or darkness, it is just you. Your true self, HGA, or higher self is what we seek and eventually find. Hope I am not being too esoteric. Yes many of us revel in the dark while other seek the light, but we cannot say it is wrong for another, or even try to put them in a box so to speak. Who wants that anyway. Then if you cannot find the book that resonates your path or your faith, then write one. Be a guide to others.

Just some open thoughts. We all need balance in all things. Maybe there is something to be said about walking in the gray.
Specifically the part about mountain paths, I love the visual this conjured up and also discovering your higher self. I know my higher self but trying to exist as her in this world would not work... I would end up in jail :lol:
:death: :death: :death:

~ Burn the ships to take the island. ~

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
User5191
Your favourite Demon?: DW and the DF
Number of Demon Familiars: 10

I've loved seeing everyone's opinions here. This is awesome!
"Verily I say unto thee, thou shalt gaze upon my field of fucks, and ye shall see that it is barren." -Bathosias

"Allow me to quote myself" -Bathosias
alikat13
Patron Deities: Aries, Hades, Lilith, Aphrodite
Number of Demon Familiars: 1

I refer to myself as an Eclectic and I walk both paths. I'm young and new and barely starting my journey here but I am strongly curious as well and love learning and exploring both paths as I believe they help put my life in balance. At first I didn't know that you can be a part of both paths, I thought it's choose this one and no others can apply but I know now that's not true you can explore both paths if you want and can work with both light and dark and angels and demons if you wanted to :seasaw:
I love being a part of both paths because I believe I'm open to more opportunities and experiences
"Take a lover who looks at you like maybe you are magic" - Frida Kahlo

"You're mad. Bonkers, Off your head... but I'll tell you a secret all the best people are" Alice In Wonderland
User5191

alikat13 wrote:I refer to myself as an Eclectic and I walk both paths. I'm young and new and barely starting my journey here but I am strongly curious as well and love learning and exploring both paths as I believe they help put my life in balance. At first I didn't know that you can be a part of both paths, I thought it's choose this one and no others can apply but I know now that's not true you can explore both paths if you want and can work with both light and dark and angels and demons if you wanted to :seasaw:
I love being a part of both paths because I believe I'm open to more opportunities and experiences
Glad you found this old post and bumped it. Paths are truly evolving. I found mine. But the most important lesson I learned is that you will define your path and frequently your path will find you.
"Verily I say unto thee, thou shalt gaze upon my field of fucks, and ye shall see that it is barren." -Bathosias

User3246
Patron Deities: Papa Legba, Shiva, Odin
Your favourite Demon?: Samael , Lord Uphir, Lord Asmodeus, Lord Satan, Lord Mammon, Lord Azazel
Number of Demon Familiars: 17

I think that it is YOUR path, and is neither right nor wrong. No one should bully you about what you think or feel, and as long as you are respectful and do not call any names. You should be able to question ANYTHING, ask any questions, and even change your mind. You should in no way base your beliefs on what others tell you to think. Use your own mind and gifts to figure things out! At one point I came from a group studying Norse Magick and I am a little shy of people who want to pressure me to quote verses, give references, and PROVE what I say. It is like talking to a devout Christian Bible researcher! :p It is really not possible to prove my personal experiences and choices. I can try to give you an idea about why I choose them, but I do not HAVE to prove what I personally believe. It is for me and not you! If you want to discuss it, okay, I'm listening. The fact is, you are a unique creation, and no two people are going to think about something in the exact same way! My own personal experience is just as valid as anyone else's. I actually enjoy the diversity of thought and personality I find on BOTH paths. My angels are my friends. I have not experienced any demons yet, but I am very willing to listen and learn. They have different cultures and different ways. I am learning. If you only listen to things you already know and agree with...what are you really learning?
“If you really want to do something, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse.” – Jim Rohn

"The Master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried."

Do not rely on ANYTHING, unexamined. If It does not seem to fit, ask about it. If it ultimately degrades or dishonors or holds you back, it is bad for you, so remove it from your life. If it takes from you and never gives back, it is a leech. Discard it. In magick rely only on your own work: What you have seen and done and used for your own self and in your own way. Only keep what in your own estimation is worth keeping. (Hellcat's Rules Of Satanic Magick)"

Don't get too close. It's Dark inside. It's where my Demons hide!

Hailing Satan isn't a hobby, its a lifestyle. (S@tan)
User3246
Patron Deities: Papa Legba, Shiva, Odin
Your favourite Demon?: Samael , Lord Uphir, Lord Asmodeus, Lord Satan, Lord Mammon, Lord Azazel
Number of Demon Familiars: 17

I think that it is YOUR path, and is neither right nor wrong. No one should bully you about what you think or feel, and as long as you are respectful and do not call any names. You should be able to question ANYTHING, ask any questions, and even change your mind. You should in no way base your beliefs on what others tell you to think. Use your own mind and gifts to figure things out! At one point I came from a group studying Norse Magick and I am a little shy of people who want to pressure me to quote verses, give references, and PROVE what I say. It is like talking to a devout Christian Bible researcher! :p It is really not possible to prove my personal experiences and choices. I can try to give you an idea about why I choose them, but I do not HAVE to prove what I personally believe. It is for me and not you! If you want to discuss it, okay, I'm listening. The fact is, you are a unique creation, and no two people are going to think about something in the exact same way! My own personal experience is just as valid as anyone else's. I actually enjoy the diversity of thought and personality I find on BOTH paths. My angels are my friends. I have not experienced any demons yet, but I am very willing to listen and learn. They have different cultures and different ways. I am learning. If you only listen to things you already know and agree with...what are you really learning?
“If you really want to do something, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse.” – Jim Rohn

"The Master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried."

Do not rely on ANYTHING, unexamined. If It does not seem to fit, ask about it. If it ultimately degrades or dishonors or holds you back, it is bad for you, so remove it from your life. If it takes from you and never gives back, it is a leech. Discard it. In magick rely only on your own work: What you have seen and done and used for your own self and in your own way. Only keep what in your own estimation is worth keeping. (Hellcat's Rules Of Satanic Magick)"

Don't get too close. It's Dark inside. It's where my Demons hide!

Hailing Satan isn't a hobby, its a lifestyle. (S@tan)
EmpressM

Eh, I agree more with Noctifera as far as, my path is just...my path. Not left, right, center, or whatever; I'm just me and I walk where I please =P

As far as an opinion on different named paths people may adhere to, however, well I'm sort of assuming RHP just means christianity? Looking at what christians have done over the last 2,000 years, I harbor nothing but the deepest pitch black hatred for the faith. I would personally prefer for it to be absolutely annihilated in the most complete and final of ways.

LHP, to my knowledge, is just basically walking your own path and being open to the darkness, as far as I understand. Perfectly fine path.

Can you meld the paths? It depends; I don't think a christian who is like how christians have always been could *ever* accept another path because christianity, in it's true form, is basically the purest xenophobia imaginable. Pure hatred for *anything* different at all whatsoever; extreme conformity. There are lots of "love and light" modern day christians who either pretend the past never happened, or are completely ignorant of it and assume their faith is actually about love and peace. I suppose it's possible to be of the later, deluded, variety of christian and be LHP-oriented potentially. Though I do still notice that even the deluded christians are obsessed with the light to degrees that make one question if they'd become rabid xenophobes just like their predecessors if they had just the right circumstance and/or rabble rouser around.
Aprophis
Number of Demon Familiars: 5

EmpressMeliora wrote:There are lots of "love and light" modern day christians who either pretend the past never happened, or are completely ignorant of it and assume their faith is actually about love and peace. I suppose it's possible to be of the later, deluded, variety of christian and be LHP-oriented potentially. Though I do still notice that even the deluded christians are obsessed with the light to degrees that make one question if they'd become rabid xenophobes just like their predecessors if they had just the right circumstance and/or rabble rouser around.
Just because they're christians doesn't mean they have to follow it to the letter and believe in that xenophobia, etc. I mean if they follow the teaching of jesus, holding the other cheek and stuff, they're not bad. It's not the faith turning people bad, it's people turning the faith bad. All the bad things in christianity happened because people are stupid, not because "christianity is evil".
Two Roads diverged in a yellow Wood and I took both, for I am Quantum.
Aksho Kharneth Akhash
Aksho Slaaneth K'Khaa
Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
Aksho Nurgleth Dh'Akh

Sanity is for the weak
User5191

And like I said earlier, paths continually evolve. I don't follow a set doctrine any more, am very much about finding my own way, and that way has been very empowering and fruitful. It is very much LHP by classical definition, and I now have total comfort with that. Yay! :)

Return to “Starting out on the LHP and the Dark Spiritual Paths”