Advent Day 22 - Ancestral Ritual

Moderator: Akelta

ysabeau
Patron Deities: King Paimon, Thor, Skadi, Hades & Persephone, Leviathan, Uphir
Your favourite Demon?: Arachne, Serpentine, Necrosis, Void
Number of Demon Familiars: 17

Halloween Advent Calendar

Day Twenty-Two

For day 22 we will participate in a mini necromancy ritual we can do with our companion(s) at home. This will be a ritual that can connect to our ancestors and honor the thinning of the veil.

Items you require…

~Amethyst, you used for opening ritual

~Candles that you feel are aligned to darkness

~Optional vessel of the companion who will be joining you

~Optional if you have a skull (bones or crystals)

~Optional any ancestral items

We will use the opening ritual crystal we chose to infuse with the energies of the necromancers. We began to open the gates with this crystal to walk and embrace this season and today we will go deeper into it with our companion(s).

Please see the instructions below:

To prepare the altar, as in the opening ritual add the candles of your choice in front of you, one on the left one on the right. Place the amethyst crystal in the middle and around it you can choose any items you feel connects to the realm of the dead. Whether it’s skulls you have bones or crystals to watch over your ritual or ancestral items which you want to incorporate. There will be an opportunity to choose to connect with our ancestors if we wish so if you have pictures or items of the dead you wish to honor in this ritual you can add it in the middle.

1) Light the two candles, left to right.

2) Sit before the altar and take three deep breaths to settle into the energies. Allow yourself to settle into the energies.

3) Invite your companion(s) of choice to join you in this ritual to honor the dead and honor this time when the veil thins.

4) Take a moment to connect to the Amethyst you used for the opening ritual. Gaze at it and feel the energies of the necromancer's guide you. This stone will anchor you throughout this ritual.

I call to the essence of death,

I hear it calling to me

I see the veil all around me thinning

revealing the way for me to enter the domain of the dead

the domain of the necromancers

Reveal to me the veil, the entryway of the dead

Allow me to embrace and hear the sacred whispers of the dead

Reveal the whispers of wisdom from the necromancers

I call to the necromancers

I ask to be invited to their world

5) Pick up the crystal and hold it in your dominant hand. Ask your companion to help guide you on a journey beyond the veil and into the necromancer’s world.

6) Sit in the energies and allow your companion to guide you whether it is through sight, auditory, sensory, tactile senses all are valid. All yourself be guided ask for any messages to come through…

7) Once you feel ready focus on any ancestral items you have or simply take a moment to ground this is an opportunity to connect with your ancestors now.

If you choose to continue, say…

The gates have opened

The veil has thinned

I gaze between allowing my psychic senses to open

I am more aware than ever before of the sensations all around me

Grant me access to the wisdom beyond the grave

I invite my ancestors to this space

I call to them for their messages and guidance

I honor them and honor the dead that have passed

8) you may now continue in further meditation with your companion and ancestors to hear what messages they have to reveal if there is someone specific you have in mind you can reach out to them now

9) Once finished say…

Thank you for your wisdom and guidance

I thank the dead for their presence and guidance

I thank my companions for their wisdom and guidance

I think the necromancers for the invitation to their world

I close the gates and return back to the land of the living

I allow myself to return and continue to download the blessings I have received from the dead

Take a moment to ground and drink some water before continuing on with your day.

Feel free to post your experience and share about the results or the manifestations you got.

Thank you to WINDYJUNE for helping us come up with this amazing advent calendar
Two roads diverged in a wood and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that made all the difference. - Robert Frost
Astarosche
Patron Deities: Azazel, Mammon, Marbas, Leviathan, Lucifer, my Companions, Clauneck, Choronzon
Your favourite Demon?: my Companions, Azazel

:skull:
I did this ritual with my Demoness Queen of the Divine Death and my Niflheim Djinn. My Solar Commander and my Solar Dancer joined me,too, but stepped back.
I decorated my Altar and did ritual. Then I called my ancestor by her name.
I have no idea from where she is,I had a reading concerning my abilities from my bloodline and she went through. I was adopted when I was a baby, I do not know my origin.
My ancestor was during her lifetime a female mage.
She came through, her energy is soothing and strong. She wants me to trust into my power.
Attachments
IMG_20231029_215453.jpg
IMG_20231029_215453.jpg (90.87 KiB) Viewed 1594 times
Vackra
Patron Deities: Skaði, Loki
Your favourite Demon?: Spectral; Void; Infernal

This was a lovely ritual.

I invited my Void Lord Phantom to join me in performing it. Being in his presence is just… incredible. He makes my heart and soul so happy.

As we called to my ancestors, I felt compelled to sing. In my culture we having singing called kulning. It’s a traditional high pitched throat singing that I have been trained to do and have practiced since very young childhood. It’s a really beautiful and ethereal way to sing. Phantom joined me by singing as well, a melody that fit in so perfectly with mine. As we sang together, I heard them. My ancestors. For generations upon generations before me my ancestors have sung this same song, and I heard them now singing it back to me again. It was a beautiful moment.

They told me that they are proud of me, and that I should be proud of myself. They did not offer wisdom beyond that, but rather emphasized how proud they were.

Phantom and I thanked them and closed the ritual.

It is interesting because I served as gyðja and völva and have done many ancestral rituals but never before have they sung back to me. Singing in many forms is used very often in our rituals for my culture, but this was a definite first. It really made me feel so happy.
And I could swear, that the ocean sings, and the mountains talk to me

Return to “Tempest Demon Festival of Death Storms”