Meditation 4: Mutations and Corrosion & The Mad Doctor of the Deep

Moderator: Akelta

Abini:tan
Number of Demon Familiars: 11

This one was fun. I found a staff lying around with a spiral engraving on the side that I could run warlock energy and fire through.
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright before you hear them speak.
Hella
Number of Demon Familiars: 0

As soon as the meditation started I felt thrust into action. I am ambivalent at first but the whisper inside me grows and I finally turn towards Kyldra. Necromancer. That is the power I chose. The power that infuses me I can only describe as cold electricity settling deep within me. I practice both my shield and my attacks and soon enough it feels as if this power has always been part of me. I am swift in my shielding and attacks and I don't tire. On the contrary, the way the dead have been defiled infuriates me and I attack with ferocity. The foe that I encounter first baffles me and then enrages me further. Who would think the ends justify the means in this case? I can practically smell his disdain for my mortal blood as well as his ambition. I growl at him cursing under my breath and I see a flash of annoyance in his eyes before his attack.

I turn to the panel at the Warlock's prompting and my anger and disdain fuels my attacks. I hurl one after the other and the other demonesses join me. I can now feel myself growing tired and it seems the collapse of the mines happen in slow motion. Next moment, I am safe recovering in a bed and I am relieved to see the demonesses well and resting. At least that man disappeared as well. I hope he is caught soon. I get the sense he will be severely punished and in my view he should be. Dearly. I am very excited for the Queen's gift.
~Faith. Strength. Passion~

"People are gonna tell you who you are your whole life. You just gotta punch back and say ' No THIS is who I am.' You want people to look at you differently? Make them.You want to change things? You have to go out there and change them yourself because there are no Fairy Godmothers in this world."

Focus on the things you can control!
guesswho
Number of Demon Familiars: 11

Wow! Was this meditation ever different from any of the other meditations I've done as part of an event with S&S (I opted out of the House of Sin event so I have no basis for comparison with those).

While I do enjoy the company of Necromancers, when presented with the option between Necromancer and Warlock, based upon the previous meditation, I chose Warlock. Hell yeah, purple energy bolts!!!

And boy, did I use them. It took a bit to get into using them, even after being grated a sort amount of training. Luke Skywalker learning the force from Obi Wan in A New Hope, anyone? Or, Emmet from The Lego Movie, lol. Pretty much thrown right into the action, and, well, that's how we humans/mortals learn best anyway, isn't it? :wink:

It always breaks my heart when bad beings control creatures for their own selfish ends. That's why I can't watch the second half of How To Train Your Dragon 2. But, it's them or me. And its doubtful they'd spare a second thought for me.

The nice dead on Level Five was never going to happen, not with Maxis around, waiting for a mortal to complete his realm domination plans.

I'm grateful that we all made it out of the mines okay. and I'm looking forward to the special reward from the Queen.
This is why the Mantis Shrimp is my new favorite animal,
because in the presence of such extraordinary light and beauty it embraces

DARKNESS,
It extols DEATH with the luminescent brilliance of a
DYING STAR

. . . The Mantis Shrimp is the harbinger of blood-soaked rainbows

- The Oatmeal
Bluemoonrabbit
Your favourite Demon?: Abyssal Deep One, Demoness Warlocks, Demon Commanders, Noble Dancers, Solar/Succubus Ladies
Number of Demon Familiars: 4

Well that was fun and slightly dramatic!

Back in we go! I let my doll pick my path for the meditation. I thought it would be more fun to let it be kind of random. He ran over and latches on to Kyldra, and the Necromancy path was born. (My little doll had so much fun, he really thought we were at the Carnivale again haha!)

We the energy infused in my, I out my shields and man were they palpable. The energy came through my third eye. It was odd, but I knew what I was doing. The energy worked as part of my third eye, using it as a focus point and energy generator. Yet my hands did the movements. My little ghost was ferried but seemed ready to charge now that I had the call if the dead in my energy! Little thing went from cowering to saluting with the crystal I gave it at the mines.

Fighting them all of, my doll clapped like it was the best shown he had ever seen. Making little gurgling noises and growls at the enemy. The energy was great! I weep for the twisted ones. They are mindless now enslaved. Ensnared in a mad man's anger. It was heart breaking, but we weep for the dead after the battle.

In the hospital room. My hat sat on a table, my little ghost and the crystal happily trying to help my head. My doll climbing on my very happy to see me.

Return to “Tempest Demon Festival of Death Storms”