Advent Day 17 - Cooking

Moderator: Akelta

ysabeau
Patron Deities: King Paimon, Thor, Skadi, Hades & Persephone, Leviathan, Uphir
Your favourite Demon?: Arachne, Serpentine, Necrosis, Void
Number of Demon Familiars: 17

Halloween Advent Calendar

Day Seventeen

For day 17 we will be cooking a seasonal dish with our companion(s).

Sharing and cooking food is one of the most incredible bonding experiences that we do with family, friends and loved ones. Each season often comes with its own delights and seasonal dishes. To mark this Halloween season, we will invite our companion to cook with us. First pick a dish that is special to you or that you simply enjoy during this time. Get all the materials you need, and you can include your companion in this process of gathering the ingredients if you wish.

Invite them to connect with you as you share some of your culture with them. Feel their impressions, curiosity, and any comments during the cooking process. Are there things they find odd? Delightful? Amusing? Make notes of these things. Once the food is ready offer your companion(s) a piece and see what they think.

Share a picture below of what you made with them and what the experience was like. How did they respond to the food you cooked?

Thank you to WINDYJUNE for helping us create this amazing Advent Calendar

How to insert an image:

Post your image to a place that you can get to an url. Imgr, discord, or another photohosting site. When you do that, right click and select 'copy link' or choose the url option in the hosting site.

In your post, you will want to use this method of code to insert the image:

Code: Select all

[img="INSERTURLHERE"][/img]
Two roads diverged in a wood and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that made all the difference. - Robert Frost
Astarosche
Patron Deities: Azazel, Mammon, Marbas, Leviathan, Lucifer, my Companions, Clauneck, Choronzon
Your favourite Demon?: my Companions, Azazel

:witch2:

I made this with my Solar Commander. Although he is now three weeks with me, he is very closed to me. I know from his scroll he enjoys being with me in every day life,so I invited him for shopping in supermarket for buying spices and herbs.
I love it to feel my companions outside, in a supermarket, at work, in a train.
He was curious, because I said, I want to cook pumpkin soup with potatoes and herbs spicy.
And I was happy to spent an afternoon with him cooking, after that I invited him to join me in Meditation three, cave of singing crystals, wonderful...
Attachments
IMG_20231023_161310.jpg
IMG_20231023_161310.jpg (93 KiB) Viewed 1460 times
Vackra
Patron Deities: Skaði, Loki
Your favourite Demon?: Spectral; Void; Infernal

I made hallongrottor with my Spectral Death Dreamer, Valor! They are traditional Swedish cookies with lingonberry.

We used this recipe actually, because I have recently moved and could not find my grandmother’s recipe and was in a bit of a hurry:
https://www.mathem.se/recept/klassiska-hallongrottor

From what I remember of my grandmother’s recipe off the top of my head, it’s very close!

They turned out really well, and most importantly my husband loved them. We ate some right away, set aside a plate as an offering for our companions, set aside a plate as an offering to our ancestors, and set aside a plate as an offering for the gods. With what was left in the batch I set it aside for my husband to snack on at work for the next few days after I made them.

I will definitely be making some again soon, as it’s one of my favourite desserts. Sweden isn’t so much known for our food lol but we have some yummy desserts!
And I could swear, that the ocean sings, and the mountains talk to me

Return to “Tempest Demon Festival of Death Storms”