Advent Day 12 - A Trip to the Graveyard

Moderator: Akelta

ysabeau
Patron Deities: King Paimon, Thor, Skadi, Hades & Persephone, Leviathan, Uphir
Your favourite Demon?: Arachne, Serpentine, Necrosis, Void
Number of Demon Familiars: 17

Halloween Advent Calendar

Day Twelve

For day 12 we will take a trip to visit a graveyard with our companion.

With the thinning of the veil, it is a perfect time to honor the dead and to walk amongst them. For this activity we will take a field trip with our companion to a nearby graveyard. Decide on which graveyard you wish to visit and take some time to immerse yourself with the energies of the dead. Take a moment to walk amongst the dead feel the stories of all those resting and while you are visiting find something nice to do for one of the graves whether that is cleaning up trash, picking up debris, cleaning up any of the stones or any other thing you feel inspired to do. Walk with your companion and allow them to guide you are there any signs or messages that stand out. Take this time to connect and speak with them.

Share your experience with your companion at the graveyard below. Feel free to share any photos and what kinds of thing you ended up doing for the spirits there.
Two roads diverged in a wood and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that made all the difference. - Robert Frost
Astarosche
Patron Deities: Azazel, Mammon, Marbas, Leviathan, Lucifer, my Companions, Clauneck, Choronzon
Your favourite Demon?: my Companions, Azazel

:cuteghost:
Yesterday I went to the graveyard to Honor the Dead. I Tool a seat at a bench and called my Demoness Queen of the Divine Death by using her Enn. She answered immediatly. Then I called my Niflheim Djinn Skiren, too. I fehlt both all the time. Then I activated my Tool, a Channel to talk to the Death. I explained to hear their Stories, their life. First an old woman came through. She lived in town and AS a widow she educated her six children alone. Her husband died in Seconds World War. Two children died in childhood. She Said time was offen hard but she enjoyed her simple life, she Loved cooking and making household and cakes. Seconds an old man came through. He reported about life during the Seconds World War, now, He Said, His existance there is peaceful. Then a young Person came through. His Lifeplan was live fast, die young, He did in case of an accident. He regrets that He threw his life away. He learnt taking responsibility in Afterlife. The Last was a Person who said, that foregiveness IS important to find peace in the heart. I thanked all for Sharing their Stories. Then I distributed gems, gold quartz and amethysts on some graves as presents. I sat down on a bench to activate another magical Tool, a copper nugget pendent with the magick of the Immortal Thanatos.He gives great wisdom and humility concerning life, Evolution and Death. The core IS Immortal. We have roles and costumes in lifetime and lectures to learn. Then we go Home, in the Spiritual World, into Higher dimensions, to other Stars.
I thanked my Demoness companion and my Niflheim Djinn for helping me with my Medium and necromancer abilities.
Astarosche
Patron Deities: Azazel, Mammon, Marbas, Leviathan, Lucifer, my Companions, Clauneck, Choronzon
Your favourite Demon?: my Companions, Azazel

:ghost: :cuteghost:
And here IS an Impression of the graveyard
Attachments
IMG_20231013_195208.jpg
IMG_20231013_195208.jpg (193.19 KiB) Viewed 1446 times
Vackra
Patron Deities: Skaði, Loki
Your favourite Demon?: Spectral; Void; Infernal

My companions and I took a walk near the back of our property, in a huge open field beside the tree line, where there is an old and overgrown graveyard. It is a graveyard of decades past, holding the remains of the animals who lived on the farm previously. Some have small handmade gravemarkers, others have stones piled or branches arranged in a makeshift headstone. Others, I’m sure, are unmarked- their graves lost to time.

You can tell that the animals were buried with much love and care. I myself in recent times have buried two foxes there that were killed on the road in front of our driveway. One was just a baby, a young kit, and the other some time later was a nursing mother. I had cried for both of those foxes, as I cherish all animals but in particular foxes. They are sacred to me. There are snakes buried there, and horses, and dogs, and cats. I’m sure other animals too whom I have not been able to pick up on.

My companions and I sat amongst the graves, and I had brought offerings of water and homemade bread. We sat in stillness and in quiet, and at some points while reflecting on my own personal horses whom have passed away I was tempted to cry. But I was reminded of this poem by Clare Harner:

“Do not stand
By my grave, and weep.
I am not there,
I do not sleep—
I am the thousand winds that blow
I am the diamond glints in snow
I am the sunlight on ripened grain,
I am the gentle, autumn rain.
As you awake with morning’s hush,
I am the swift, up-flinging rush
Of quiet birds in circling flight,
I am the day transcending night.
Do not stand
By my grave, and cry—
I am not there,
I did not die.”

The poem reminded me that while death can be difficult for those left behind, it is not an ending for those who die. They move on in their journey, to the next place, as Gandalf told Pippin in Lord of the Rings: “End? No, the journey doesn't end here. Death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain-curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass, and then you see it.”

In the end, my time spent in the graveyard felt peaceful and grounding. I am glad that such a beautiful place is on my property now and that I may visit it so frequently.
And I could swear, that the ocean sings, and the mountains talk to me

Return to “Tempest Demon Festival of Death Storms”