Advent Day 1 - Halloween Attunement w/ Companion

Moderator: Akelta

ysabeau
Patron Deities: King Paimon, Thor, Skadi, Hades & Persephone, Leviathan, Uphir
Your favourite Demon?: Arachne, Serpentine, Necrosis, Void
Number of Demon Familiars: 17

Halloween Advent Calendar

Day One

Our first day is here. It is a day of celebration as we have made it all the way to October. To mark the start of the event we will begin by attuning ourselves to the energies of Halloween. Each day the energies will grow as the darkness spreads and the veil thins.

Follow the instructions below for a special Halloween attunement ritual.

This is a fun and simple way to bond with your companion and deeper your attunement to their energies.

You can these these Advent rituals with one, or all of your companions. You can also do them with any companion from any store, seller or conjurer. These activities are ways for you to bond with your companions and have fun connecting with them on Halloween!

For this activity, select a companion and invite them to help you select a Halloween song to listen to together. See if you can select the song together. See if they have a preference for the song they want to listen to. Music is a fantastic way to build up your attunements and deepen your connections to your companions.

To begin invite one or more companion(s) to join you in welcoming in these energies which will prepare us for the Tempest Demon Festival of Death Storms.

Before you listen, take a moment to connect with your companion. Ask them to stand before you and see if you can sense, hear, or see them.

Hold focus on them in your minds eye, and ask them to share with you impression from the song you are about to listen.

Turn the song on. As you listen to the song, try to hear your companions words, feel their thoughts and impressions on the song and see if you can sense how they feel about it. Can you see any expressions they have? Can you hear anything they are saying? Can you feel what they are thinking?

The vibrations of the song will help attune you to them and your experiences from them will help strengthen your communication.

Listen to the song and then afterwards continue to hold your connection to them in your mindset, and see if you can receive insights, impressions, messages, and if you can, hold a conversation with your companion and see what they have to say.

You can share your impressions, experiences, or any sensations with your companions during and after the attunement ritual below.

We want to extend a huge thanks to WINDYJUNE for their help in designing the Advent calendar.
Two roads diverged in a wood and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that made all the difference. - Robert Frost
flywithbats666

Halloween is my favorite holiday!

We listened to I put A Spell On You (Hocus Pocus movie) and we like that song.
SunnyWhims
Patron Deities: Loki
Number of Demon Familiars: 1

So, I did this exercise with all of my companions to create a playlist. Some were great halloween songs....others not so much lol
Precious the Solar imp of prophecy: spooky scary skeletons and I've got friends on the other side(the prophetic parts and the vibes appealed to him)
Effie the Gatehound: Wore costumes to hint at his song choices(I had to do a double take when he showed up in a lion costume) chose Be prepared from the lion king and Demons by Doja Cat
Rami the Carbuncle: they chose Aqua Regia by sleep token (the sciency parts is what they wanted to share and it tipped me off that they wanted a frankensteiny song) and frankenstein by rina sawayama(rami has a moody taste in music is what I learned)
My other companions chose songs like the summoning by sleep token, kick back by kenchi yonezu, everybody by the backstreet boys.....and lush life by zara larson (I don't get it either)
Lycana
Patron Deities: Lucifer, Diana, Belial, Naamah, Sobek, Juno, Hethert etc
Your favourite Demon?: arachne, spectral, hellborn, void, mutilation. serpentine and tempest

I did a song from each of the companions I invited into the space with me who wished to come

Commander: Creatures of the Night (Nightbreed soundtrack)
Darkness, mouth opening with fangs, his embrace surrounding me in the darkness drawing me into it where I belong.
Impressions from him during: adoration, encouragement to thrive and grow, always being there in the dark for and with me.

Big Red: Eternal Flame (Bangles)
He gave me a very clear image from a part within the music video that struck a chord of recognition within me.
His arms come around me, holding me close with a sense of a ring of fire surrounding us
Impressions from him: Flame always burning. Always burning. Forever.

Commander Dar: Queen of the Night (Whitney Houston)
Dar literally jumped in before I could finish enjoying Big Red's song but that's normal for them lol. He whispered the name of this song. I had never heard of it before it but he said this title particularly and when I searched it this was what he indicated he wanted me to listen to.
impressions from him: Embrace your power unapologetically, embrace all that you are and your darkness, be your true and authentic self and celebrate it. And some personal elements in there that he smugly added.

Necromancer Sexhy: Come Alive (from Greatest Showman movie soundtrack)
This one actually took some work to find because he kept giving me images of someone bursting from their grave and I did all kinds of search combos until I came on this and when I started listening to it, it made me laugh when he chuckled with delight.
Impressions from him: Open your eyes and truly see, not just go through the motions of seeing what you expect to see, see truth behind the shadow, Stir your dark flame, feed it until it blazes within you. Show and embrace the true you.

Black Seraph Ray: Bring Me to Life (Evanescence)
Life rising from the dark, a spark of life, a spark life, a genesis... I was getting it and finally there was images of water dripping in a pool, a crow flying over the city. Finally I looked at the soundtrack for the Crow and hit upon the song much to our mutual relief after several wrong attempts.
Impressions from him: in the depth of darkness there is new life, ends are new beginnings, journey into the dark and find yourself, wake u p from the illusion of death, wake up to true self, find yourself, open your eyes. Come back home, you are waited for.

King Eth: Hey Little Red Riding Hood (Bowling for Soup)
This one took a long of weird directions there was like a dark rise, snarling monstrous fangs... I kept looking for songs associated with monster movies. And after over twenty minutes of looking, we hit on the winner.
Impressions from him: Playful and flirty. Embrace the monstrous, there are monsters who will follow you, I will walk with you through the darkest places.

Prince Del: Cold (Static X from Queen of the Damned soundtrack)
This one he gave me a little nudge to return to the Queen of the Damned Soundtrack, there was a sense of breaking through illusions and barriers and discovery, and embracing personal power. This was the song he wanted when I saw it.
impressions of him: You are more than your name, more than your flesh. More than what you appear to be. We are beyond what is familiar, everything is twisted from what is familiar, you speak it into being, the warmth of experience you offer in this life is attractive and so it draws those to it, The short lived flame drawing those things of the night to its glow and warmth.

From my tempest demons specifically"

Ringmaster Rin: Funhouse (Pink)
indicated this song but presenting a dizzying funhouse
Impressions from him: Change your reality, embrace what you want and make it yours, destroy which doesn't suit you. A whirling wind and as he spins everything around me, and carnival lights as reality changes and shifts

Commander Zor: Riders on the Storm (Doors)
Image of a whirling storm rolling across the land with various demons and spirits riding on its currents. Horses galloping upon the edge of thunder.
Impressions from him: thrown into the world exploring the world in search of something, dangers lurk in the darkness that hungers, live aware but live free riding the edge of experience, explore where the wind takes you

Warlock Dyr: Change (in the house of flies) (Deftones)
I had distinct imagery of change, wings unfurling, fangs extending, and a mental connection with the movie Queen of the Damned rising from the water
Impressions: Celebrating and adoring the me that I coming to embrace and the personal transformations, intimate connection and celebration, drawing me through the dark to explore a seemingly new to me world, exploration of my self
Abini:tan
Number of Demon Familiars: 11

Cheating a little here and using songs that are for halloween-esque media, or generally spooky as to not force anyone to deal with too many of the same song suggestions lol.

Jettison chose BTSTU

This has a bit of switching perspectives, though "I want what is mine" mostly means "your attention." The song matches him well, it's heavy and a bit intimidating, but I personally find that comforting on both counts.

Eclipse chose Run Wild

This one is a stretch one lol it's a fan made song for The Owl House (something I recommend to anyone) but I say it suits him very well. It's high energy, hopeful and wistful, and the energy I got from him was one of invitation, playfulness, even a touch of longing.

Diabolica chose You Can Run

The message was more or less "You can run, but I'll still be here with you."

Lil Ross chose Come Little Children

I see him leading children, some taller than him, off to a castle where they can explore their own darkness and creativity.
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright before you hear them speak.
Astarosche
Patron Deities: Azazel, Mammon, Marbas, Leviathan, Lucifer, my Companions, Clauneck, Choronzon
Your favourite Demon?: my Companions, Azazel

:devillove: :ghost:
This was wonderful.
I invited my Noble Necrosis Demoness Queen of the Divine Death and my Niflheim Djinn. I felt both all the time.
My Demoness chose songs from Nightmare before Christmas. My Niflheim Djinn chose quite dark ambiente music.
Then I chose Thriller from Michael Jackson.
My Niflheim Djinn suggested me to invite the dead, too. I have a channel to Spiritual World to contact passed ones. I activated this channel by its codeword and said: We are celebrating you, choose your songs. One spirit wanted Ghostbusters, another Rocky Horror Picture Show. Then a very dark spirit came through and wanted dark creepy ambiente musuc, very spooky.
I thanked all and closed the channel and got energy work from my Demoness Queen and Niflheim Djinn.
Eilana
Lady of Monsters
Your favourite Demon?: Ombre, Mammon, Swallowtail, Sizzle, Elegy
Number of Demon Familiars: 69

In this case my companion chose me for this lol

I heard a song she likes playing in my head when I first read this and was trying to decide who to work with. She doesn't have a nick name yet and I've just started working with her.

I really wanted to participate in the Advent Calendar this year, so I will be doing it with her.

:death: :death: :death:

~ Burn the ships to take the island. ~

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
Vackra
Patron Deities: Skaði, Loki
Your favourite Demon?: Spectral; Void; Infernal

Often doing my daily routine, I incorporate small moments with my companions, usually as a group. We have a morning ritual we do as part of our routine, we have our meals together with whoever is interested in joining for that particular food, we care for the animals together, and so on. There are not many times throughout the day that I am alone! Of course I will also do many activities one on one, and bond individually, but a large part of the day is spent as a group. During events like this, when it’s possible, I try to really make it special and connect with only one companion at a time.

So that brings me to the first advent event! The companion who did this with me is my Ebon/Infernus/Obscura Void Companion, who I will give the nickname of “Sinister”.

He chose a twist on a classic: This is Halloween by Marilyn Manson.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPqa2faffgU

I love the original song, which I think is partially what influenced him to choose a cover version. It makes me feel really really really excited for the season, especially since this is the best season of the entire year! It’s my favourite and I love all things related to spooky and the veil thinning and Halloween!
And I could swear, that the ocean sings, and the mountains talk to me
karenwpi
Patron Deities: Uphir
Your favourite Demon?: Uphir, Pazuzu, Chernobog
Number of Demon Familiars: 3

The Tempest event began in the midst of my 40 hours in 4 nights work schedule. Erckles! I'm always a little fatigued during those days-nights.

Ey' (my Mutilation Death Cat) and I listened to the world's oldest known & written melody (the Hurrian Hymn No. 6) while searching for Halloween music. We found a beautiful rendition performed by Michael Levy!! It's enchanting, alluring, stirring. I wondered about the relevance to Halloween and thought about dirt and plants. Then had to sleep before another 10 hour grave shift.

Tonight searched for the Hymn for the Tempest attunement exercise. Interestingly Tupac's When We Ride on Our Enemies song bumped in & played. it got a solid 2 thumbs up for Great scary dark focused energy in a human song vote from Ey'. Then, we played Hurrian Hymn No. 6 & the music vibrated visible energy & so much more it's hard to explain. This was Definitely our Tempest Halloween song!

The notes tugged and stirred the whole world, fall season was unfolding, the ground moved with the essence of all things dead and dying while the air was thick. Wispy mist encircled drying plants. One person was there, and then the dead came up from their graves. And we walked with them and observed them and began weighing and measuring. Simply to conclude there is Abundance. There is always abundance and always enough space and time for all things.

Ey' likes the calm, watchful beginning to the song. And the focus generated from that platform is intensely powerful. Which allows for better choices, more enjoyment of life. And a better capacity to 'ride on our enemies'. Or, simply to win via strategy in all things.

He feels that Halloween is a time right now for me to listen to ancestral stories and to meditate and communicate with the dead.

I just love getting to know Ey'. His compassion is vast and his ability to communicate through my chaos is nothing short of astonishing. We spent time together after the Hymn ended which is how I know his preferred nickname = Ey'!
Karen S
Wynd Runner
Patron Deities: Lilith, Astaroth, Satan, and Lucifer

So from the very first day this was posted, I felt from Tempest Commander T what he wanted. But of course, I was second-guessing myself. lol

Every single day, I could feel this is what he wanted. Today, I played it. He also wanted me to hold Gizmo our bun while watching / listening to the video.

The first impression I got from T was, 'Lurch would be badass in the mosh pit.'

We both laughed and enjoyed the video.

I also felt from Hellborn Gladiator O suggest this song.

I could 'feel / hear' O sing "Busting makes me feel good!" lol

This was lots of fun! I / we loved it! :devillove: :devillust:
"Will you spill the wine
to summon the divine?"

Darkness at the Heart of my Love - Ghost

Return to “Tempest Demon Festival of Death Storms”