SYNTHETIC STONE

The answers to the questions our Coven has been asked. Don't see your question? Feel free to ask! :)

Moderator: Akelta

badboychun
Patron Deities: Hecate

Lately I got my hands on a really nice looking sterling silver pendant.
I was hoping to use it as a vessel for my companion.
However, sadly its stone is synthetic, it is call "Hydro Stone" a hydrothermal ruby.
More details:
http://www.madehow.com/Volume-4/Synthetic-Ruby.html

Hum...I guess I need to think should I still use it as my companion vessel...
O lunae lumen
puer tuus fac me sicut renascentur
me duce tenebris sunt
i ita erit renatus
badboychun

interesting thing is.
I think my King LOVES this vessel..
ALthough it is not purely natural.
But I use divination to check, he said YES to the vessel.
Do you think I should try to transfer the binding?
Does the vessel affects their power...?
O lunae lumen
me duce tenebris sunt
i ita erit renatus
User1265455
Patron Deities: Paimon, Asmoday, Leviathan, Azazel, Amducius
Your favourite Demon?: Paimon
Number of Demon Familiars: 12

So, the thing about vessels is that they're a holding cell for spells of connection. They're NOT houses for your companions. The companion does choose the vessel that holds the spells - partly to express an important part of themselves, and sometimes as a message to you, their keeper, personally.

However, when looking at replacement vessels, it's important to keep that in mind - that the vessels only hold spells for communication and connection. If your king said that yes, he loves the new vessel, go for it.

Man-made stones still have the same chemical composition and crystalline and atomic structures that natural crystals have - aside from having a lesser connection to the element of earth, they are the same as their natural counterparts, so using man-made gems is acceptable.

And honestly, we have to consider our own circumstances. If you can't afford natural gemstones, you can't afford natural gemstones. Ultimately, as a vessel is an offering to your companion, choosing something that you can afford, and that they love because it came from you, with all those emotional connections, is the best thing all around.

Be well.
-Raven
"She’s all the unsung heroes who... never quit." ― R. A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” ― William Shakespeare, Hamlet
“Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”
― H.L. Mencken, Prejudices: First Series
badboychun

Nyctophilia Raven wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:21 am
So, the thing about vessels is that they're a holding cell for spells of connection. They're NOT houses for your companions. The companion does choose the vessel that holds the spells - partly to express an important part of themselves, and sometimes as a message to you, their keeper, personally.

However, when looking at replacement vessels, it's important to keep that in mind - that the vessels only hold spells for communication and connection. If your king said that yes, he loves the new vessel, go for it.

Man-made stones still have the same chemical composition and crystalline and atomic structures that natural crystals have - aside from having a lesser connection to the element of earth, they are the same as their natural counterparts, so using man-made gems is acceptable.

And honestly, we have to consider our own circumstances. If you can't afford natural gemstones, you can't afford natural gemstones. Ultimately, as a vessel is an offering to your companion, choosing something that you can afford, and that they love because it came from you, with all those emotional connections, is the best thing all around.

Be well.
-Raven
Thank you so much for your reply <3 <3 <3

Yes, this is the feeling I get from my King. It feels like "Whatever you chose for me is lovely and I like it".
I think its just me struggling. As so far I got few companions just bound on a sterling silver vessel without stone and it still feels good.
I guess I just wish to give the best qualities to my companion and I m not sure is man-made stone still ok.
Now I think it is totally fine!!!
Thank you <3
O lunae lumen
me duce tenebris sunt
i ita erit renatus

Return to “Frequently Asked Questions”