Are shadow people Demons?

Questions and Answers for where to begin on the Darker Spiritual Paths.

Moderator: Akelta

Smadaj
Your favourite Demon?: Astaroth, Azazel

Thank you all for your replies.

Coming from a background that shoves anything of a dark nature in the demonic, thus evil category, this is all a massive eye opener.

I've heard of Imps, but I've never heard of Ubis before.
"This above all: to thine own self be true,
And it must follow, as the night the day,
Thou canst not then be false to any man." Shakespeare
:devilfre:
Shifa
Patron Deities: Ceiling Cat
Your favourite Demon?: Basement Cat

Smadaj wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:47 am

Coming from a background that shoves anything of a dark nature in the demonic, thus evil category, this is all a massive eye opener.

It’s shorthand for incubi and succubi.
Fall into the depths of nothingness beyond the dark
Smadaj
Your favourite Demon?: Astaroth, Azazel

Lokakisa wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:01 am
Smadaj wrote:

Ahhh, thank you. Those I have heard of.
"This above all: to thine own self be true,
And it must follow, as the night the day,
Thou canst not then be false to any man." Shakespeare
:devilfre:
User3246
Patron Deities: Papa Legba, Shiva, Odin
Your favourite Demon?: Samael , Lord Uphir, Lord Asmodeus, Lord Satan, Lord Mammon, Lord Azazel
Number of Demon Familiars: 17

Lokakisa wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:01 am
Smadaj wrote:

Loka! No....its NOT. Are you goofin' me? Incubi and Succubi ARE full sized demons! :p Imps are different.
“If you really want to do something, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse.” – Jim Rohn

"The Master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried."

Do not rely on ANYTHING, unexamined. If It does not seem to fit, ask about it. If it ultimately degrades or dishonors or holds you back, it is bad for you, so remove it from your life. If it takes from you and never gives back, it is a leech. Discard it. In magick rely only on your own work: What you have seen and done and used for your own self and in your own way. Only keep what in your own estimation is worth keeping. (Hellcat's Rules Of Satanic Magick)"

Don't get too close. It's Dark inside. It's where my Demons hide!

Hailing Satan isn't a hobby, its a lifestyle. (S@tan)
User3246
Your favourite Demon?: Samael , Lord Uphir, Lord Asmodeus, Lord Satan, Lord Mammon, Lord Azazel

Ahhhh! Sorry! Bleary eyed on narcs and goofy as hell myself! *laughs* That's me story and I'm stickin to it! LOLOL
“If you really want to do something, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse.” – Jim Rohn

Do not rely on ANYTHING, unexamined. If It does not seem to fit, ask about it. If it ultimately degrades or dishonors or holds you back, it is bad for you, so remove it from your life. If it takes from you and never gives back, it is a leech. Discard it. In magick rely only on your own work: What you have seen and done and used for your own self and in your own way. Only keep what in your own estimation is worth keeping. (Hellcat's Rules Of Satanic Magick)"

User3246

Smadaj wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:44 am
Thank you Satan's Hellcat.
The one who used to visit me was tall, thin and a bit foreboding to begin with. It did occur to me that perhaps he wanted to feed off of my fear, but since I didn't give into that, he stopped coming.

Having been on this forum for a few days now, I realise that Demons are not as low as I once believed.

Could that dark energy be negative thought forms that we create unknowingly?
The one in your room might be your own fears coming to visit, but shadow creatures are real. Catch one of the rat ones and you will have something amazingly scary that will fight like a tiger! Of course, They would just go crazy on me! Of course I WAS eating them for a while when The ex completely starved me for Vampiric obtained energy and it was the only way I could get enough to survive. Also A Catholic Priest sent a dog one in a St Francis medal meant to be worn around my pet's neck. :p That was NOT nice!!

Shifa
Patron Deities: Ceiling Cat
Your favourite Demon?: Basement Cat

Lolol I didn’t say they are short! Ahahaha
Fall into the depths of nothingness beyond the dark
laalbieglna
Patron Deities: Angrboda and Loki
Your favourite Demon?: Goetics
Number of Demon Familiars: 26

Satan's Hellcat wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:24 pm
I only know this: According to Akelta, an Ubi is one of the races of Demons just like any other. I thought being an Ubi was a job description, like any demon, regardless of race, could specialize in sexual energies, but apparently that is not so! The subject came up when I wanted a custom conjure of an Abyssal that was also an Ubi and good with sexual issues. Akelta said it would have to be a Hybrid because the Ubis are a race all on their own. The Imps are a different type of being that resides in the demonic realms...I think. :( Otherwise, why are they so cheap, and why have I never seen an Imp/Demon hybrid? Why do the bigger Demons never swat at them or harm them? Why have I never seen a pregnant Impess? The big Demons are into sex all the time, but I have never seen Imps doing it. Why not? Inquiring minds want to know!Oh, and there are Demons that are not like Akelta's demons. Are they different? From a different realm? :p
Hoohum, I've been referring to everyone I've received from Akelta as "demon companions", imp and night hag included :unsuredevil:
I assumed Ubi could be a classification of being, or a job description as you did. So ... is Ubi being applied to beings from many realms and races? Because if demonic Ubis are their own race, then what about Ubis from conjurers who "don't conjure demons"?

As far as imps relative to demons, I guess my thinking was similar to Peace888's quoted below, not to be offensive, but like humans and monkeys are both primates, but monkeys are not apes or humans. I know my purple imp has many children, and when I've talked to her about it I got the impression that they hatched from eggs ... but most communication for me is impressions and mental images, it's not like I can just call her on the clairaudience phone and ask (which might be rude, anyway).

I do have a demon and demon-djinn hybrid from another conjurer, (hope that's not a faux pas!) my understanding is that they are from a different realm in the one case and a different region in the other than those from which Akelta conjures, which makes sense if there are exclusive contracts. I am 90% sure I also have a spectral demon and crypt imp outside of my conjures from Akelta, but they attached themselves to works of art, they were not intentionally conjured to the best of my knowledge.
Peace888 wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:58 pm
I think of the term demon as a catch all term. Like a "mammal" ... Yet there are obvious differences between a blue whale and a fox.

Perhaps I am incorrect in that assumption but I have always thought of it as that.
I had a similar impression, that it was a catch-all for sentient beings from specific realms, but within that there was extreme variation. I am standing corrected now, apparently?
laalbieglna
Patron Deities: Angrboda and Loki
Your favourite Demon?: Goetics
Number of Demon Familiars: 26

Smadaj wrote:

There's also just the outright problem of nomenclature and the same names being applied to vastly different beings, or people using names that make sense to them based on a specific set of characteristics, but might be argued against by someone with a different outlook or set of experiences.

Return to “Starting out on the LHP and the Dark Spiritual Paths”