Are shadow people Demons?

Questions and Answers for where to begin on the Darker Spiritual Paths.

Moderator: Akelta

Smadaj
Your favourite Demon?: Astaroth, Azazel

:twisted: I wasn't sure where to post this. Apologies if it's been discussed already.

A few years ago, I could sense a presence looking over me when I went to bed. I was a bit unnerved at first but got used to it. This happened for weeks but eventually stopped as I ignored him. I kind of missed him when he stopped. I never actually saw him, but I knew he was wearing a long coat and hat.

There is a lot of speculation as to who these beings are. People report a cold, fearful energy but that wasn't my experience at all. As I said, I was unnerved to begin with but I got used to him being there. I didn't sense any malevolence, more like protection really.

I wonder if anyone else has had this kind of experience? Thanks
"This above all: to thine own self be true,
And it must follow, as the night the day,
Thou canst not then be false to any man." Shakespeare
:devilfre:
user567
Number of Demon Familiars: 2

Great question and great discussion topic. My thoughts are: what is a demon?

If you define it as a lower vibration entity with intelligence that is not from our realm. I'd say yes.
I would define a higher vibration entity with intelligence as the opposite or angelic.
Smadaj

Hmm, looking at it like that, I'd have to agree. Are they a matter of perception though?

Others feel a dreadful fear, while others, like myself, feel their presence but don't react to them. We are taught to fear what we don't understand. Or maybe they are thought forms?
laalbieglna
Patron Deities: Angrboda and Loki
Your favourite Demon?: Goetics
Number of Demon Familiars: 26

Any number of entities can manifest as shadowy figures. This depends on them and also on you own discernment, sensing abilities, personal symbology...
People can also call pretty much anything they want "shadow people" or "demons", but that doesn't make it so. "Demons", as it's used on this forum, refers to specific species from a very specific set of realms. "Shadow people" are something else entirely. And looking shadowy doesn't necessarily make a being either one. I'd have to have a lot more information before classifying this being.
User3246
Patron Deities: Papa Legba, Shiva, Odin
Your favourite Demon?: Samael , Lord Uphir, Lord Asmodeus, Lord Satan, Lord Mammon, Lord Azazel
Number of Demon Familiars: 17

There IS a race of shadow beings, and no they are not Demons. They are yummy/edible to Vampires, I found out. They seem to be made of a homogenous dark energy/substance. In other words, if you cut them open they would be all black shadow energy all the way through with no structures or organs. That being said, I am not sure exactly if that is what you mean by shadow beings. They may be one of the creatures that inhabit the demonic realms on some levels. They come in a variety of sizes, from rat shadow beings, to dog-like, to ninja like. I have seen them used for attacks.
“If you really want to do something, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse.” – Jim Rohn

"The Master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried."

Do not rely on ANYTHING, unexamined. If It does not seem to fit, ask about it. If it ultimately degrades or dishonors or holds you back, it is bad for you, so remove it from your life. If it takes from you and never gives back, it is a leech. Discard it. In magick rely only on your own work: What you have seen and done and used for your own self and in your own way. Only keep what in your own estimation is worth keeping. (Hellcat's Rules Of Satanic Magick)"

Don't get too close. It's Dark inside. It's where my Demons hide!

Hailing Satan isn't a hobby, its a lifestyle. (S@tan)
User3246
Your favourite Demon?: Samael , Lord Uphir, Lord Asmodeus, Lord Satan, Lord Mammon, Lord Azazel

Peace888 wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:50 pm
Great question and great discussion topic. My thoughts are: what is a demon?

If you define it as a lower vibration entity with intelligence that is not from our realm. I'd say yes.
I would define a higher vibration entity with intelligence as the opposite or angelic.
For that matter, what exactly is an Imp? They are NOT like the larger Demons, but many of them have skills and magick and can be very helpful and wise. Why are they not another Demon like an Ubi? What makes the difference?
“If you really want to do something, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse.” – Jim Rohn

Do not rely on ANYTHING, unexamined. If It does not seem to fit, ask about it. If it ultimately degrades or dishonors or holds you back, it is bad for you, so remove it from your life. If it takes from you and never gives back, it is a leech. Discard it. In magick rely only on your own work: What you have seen and done and used for your own self and in your own way. Only keep what in your own estimation is worth keeping. (Hellcat's Rules Of Satanic Magick)"

laalbieglna
Patron Deities: Angrboda and Loki
Your favourite Demon?: Goetics
Number of Demon Familiars: 26

Satan's Hellcat wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:09 pm
For that matter, what exactly is an Imp? They are NOT like the larger Demons, but many of them have skills and magick and can be very helpful and wise. Why are they not another Demon like an Ubi? What makes the difference?
Good question. I assumed demonic imps were species of demon but apparently not so? What about Ubis? Are Ubis demons? All of them? Is Ubi a species or a status/relationship to energy/job category (for lack of a better term)?
User3246

laalbieglna wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:11 pm
Satan's Hellcat wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:09 pm
Good question. I assumed demonic imps were species of demon but apparently not so? What about Ubis? Are Ubis demons? All of them? Is Ubi a species or a status/relationship to energy/job category (for lack of a better term)?
I only know this: According to Akelta, an Ubi is one of the races of Demons just like any other. I thought being an Ubi was a job description, like any demon, regardless of race, could specialize in sexual energies, but apparently that is not so! The subject came up when I wanted a custom conjure of an Abyssal that was also an Ubi and good with sexual issues. Akelta said it would have to be a Hybrid because the Ubis are a race all on their own. The Imps are a different type of being that resides in the demonic realms...I think. :( Otherwise, why are they so cheap, and why have I never seen an Imp/Demon hybrid? Why do the bigger Demons never swat at them or harm them? Why have I never seen a pregnant Impess? The big Demons are into sex all the time, but I have never seen Imps doing it. Why not? Inquiring minds want to know!Oh, and there are Demons that are not like Akelta's demons. Are they different? From a different realm? :p

user567
Number of Demon Familiars: 2

I think of the term demon as a catch all term. Like a "mammal" ... Yet there are obvious differences between a blue whale and a fox.

Perhaps I am incorrect in that assumption but I have always thought of it as that.
Smadaj

Thank you Satan's Hellcat.
The one who used to visit me was tall, thin and a bit foreboding to begin with. It did occur to me that perhaps he wanted to feed off of my fear, but since I didn't give into that, he stopped coming.

Having been on this forum for a few days now, I realise that Demons are not as low as I once believed.

Could that dark energy be negative thought forms that we create unknowingly?

Return to “Starting out on the LHP and the Dark Spiritual Paths”