Old Dream thats like a memory

Dreams and their deeper meanings, post your dreams here.
Angelus_David

Before I actually get started in describing a dream i wanted to say a few things.
I am very bad at translating dreams/memories to words and have to be in a certain cloud of mind to even talk about this (my eyes even change complete colors) let alone type it for a form. This dream is stored in the same area of my brain as my memories so unless i really focus somethings (usually words) might have faded from thought, and this dream is so long i aged quite a bit in this dream i will do my best to explain, but i think it's about time to finally get this out there and hear some thought and maybe interpretation on it. Anyway

The dream was years ago i was 8 years old when i still slept in the same room as my twin brother in my childhood home. The odd thing about this dream is it starts out like a memory before i even fall asleep. I slept on the top bunk of the bunk bed. It started out like any other night gave my parents a hug and kiss recited our bedtime prayers (an extract from psalms if i remember correctly.. Don't have time to look it up) my brother gave me a bear hug powerful enough it almost breaks my back and we get into bed the lights go off and the door is cracked. With in a few minutes my brother is out and snoring loudly. Tonight for the first time ,(and last) i remember, the door closing on its own. The room gets unnaturally dark and smoke starts to fill the room, i can see it thick and dark grey almost black, i could smell it like burning coles or something, but the smoke alarms were not triggered. From the smoke ,wich now had nearly completely filled the room, came two eyes that glowed red and pierced through the smoke like a dagger through silk, a body began to emerge long serpent like, scales light red like spilled ink from a red pen. I began to notice the smoke was coming from its nose.(if i remember ill upload pictures i have found over the ages that are similar to what i'm describing) i gazed into its eyes and could feel a tingling in my head, heard faint ringing in my ears, got light headed and ,now i could tell, i had passed out.

I woke up later with a huge headache, moved my hand to my head opened my eyes and looked around, my eyes stung when i opened them to an overgrown field. I was confused, i looked around more i was just laying in the middle of this field. The field was overgrown with grass, weeds, and bushes. In the distance i could see a large hill with a huge old tree at the top. I looked down at myself and i was still me, same as i layed down earlier, down to the blue pjs with red white and blue rocket ships i was wearing. I remember hearing what sounded like thunder and looked up, the sky was covered with a Thick fluffy light grey clouds that threatened rain, but not soon, so did the slight breeze that brushed my hair. I remember staring at the sky for ages before i saw something odd that looked like a flock of birds flying under the clouds. (Something happened right here and i can't remember what, i want to say it was a sound like thunder but worse?, that made me realize they weren't bird but flying reptiles almost like dragons and scared the crap out of me so i began to run)

As i ran through the field it started to rain light then heavy causing the ground beneath my feet to become slick and muddy. I pushed through the overgrown bushes and fell down inclines.( I remember getting snagged on some thorns and cutting my right lower leg on something, gashing it open but i couldn't tell you what.. I think i fell and cut it open on a rock but idk)
I ran to the hill with the tree but because of the injury to my leg it was more like a fast hobble. I remember the rain on my face and the warm blood running down my leg, seeing the trees leaves and branches shake in the wind violently.
By the time i reached the tree though the rain had started to die down. My adrenalin began to dissipate as i layed down at the foot of the tree leaning up against the trunk. I remember closing my eyes and falling asleep from exhaustion. I woke up what looked like hours later. And two people were looking at me with curiosity in their eyes conversing with themselves and ,trying and failing to talk to, me. They spoke in a language i didn't recognise and have long since forgotten, but i know that it was nothing like normal human language that i've ever heard.

I remember trying to stand getting up stumbling falling back and hitting my head. My eyes closed and i woke up in some weird house made of stone (think the rock fences made of random stone.. Like that but the walls of the house.) the roof was a mixture of twigs and other materials i cant remember well, the floor was just bare dirt. A rough raggedy dirty blanket/cloth separates me from the rest of the house, i remember trying to sit up and finding it was a lot easier that the time at the tree, when i saw my injury had healed rather fast and was patched, i remember hollering out “hello” or something along those lines. A girl ran in, she was one of the two at the tree who saw me, she looked about my age at the time (about 8-10 ish) they were the most beautiful person i have ever met. She had long dirty, blonde hair. Her face was covered in freckles and you could tell she was out in the sun alot, her smile was like the sun; bright warm and inviting, i will never be able to forget it. She had a cup in her hand and came to the bed and tried to talk to me, i couldn't understand. The cup had a little note attached to it with a string in strange skribbles i didn't understand either, i want to say they were like a rune or something. She pushed it into my hands and made the motion like she was drinking from a cup and pointed to the solution. I eventually drank it, my head immediately pulsed with pain the ringing in my ears blocked all noise and my sight became fuzzy, i could see the scratchings on the note twist and warp till they became the english alphabet “drink me” they said. The ringing went away and i could hear her voice. (i've long since forgotten what it sounds like) she was speaking english.

This is where the memory starts to fade i can't remember what happened but i know i spent years with these people. Seeing unbelievable things, Forests dense and full of life, villages dead and ashen from fires, a huge lake with a pillar larger than any skyscraper in the middle of it that reaches up into the clouds. Monsters and things never seen on earth before.

I remember walking with a staff like walking stick with a symbol on top, i remember walking with it and learning to fight with it. I learned magic (telepathy and telekinesis for example) (every once in a while i get a surge of telepathy irl so it's kinda weird) And fell in love with the woman. There was a small hand made village with homes like the one i was in when i woke up but not nearly as nice. People all teenagers in tattered and torn clothes of an older time occupied them, i ran eventually ran a church in the town to a god or being i have long since forgotten, i remember the symbols in in the church were of a Sun and the same design on the top of my staff. (a small circle inside a large circle that were connected with 4 lines evenly spread out connecting the right of the circles, the left of the circles, the top, and the bottom of the circles)

I spent years in this dream i aged at least to 21 as i looked in the dream nearly identical as i do now, just a little more in shape, but I have no idea what happened like how i woke up. All i remember is a warm burning green light and some foul smelling fog and yea thats all i can remember now (it comes and goes like my normal memories do)

Anyway this dream was more detailed than any i've ever had. It doesn't even feel like a dream to the point where i almost wonder if it was some weird form of Astral Projection. Even my Lucid dreams feel like dreams after i wake up so :P

I know this was i mess but this is my first actual post, and about something i normally would never talk about so enjoy :D
Attachments
The emblem in the church and on the Staff i used to walk with
The emblem in the church and on the Staff i used to walk with
emblom.jpg (306.87 KiB) Viewed 2895 times
The serpent from the begining only the serpent was red
The serpent from the begining only the serpent was red
Dragon.jpg (185.99 KiB) Viewed 2895 times
Everybody gets high, everybody gets low
Life can be such overdose
Up on the mountain I see down below
It's easy to lose yourself I know in the in between
Oceanos
Patron Deities: Tiamat, Lucifer, Danu
Number of Demon Familiars: 4

Well thanks for that free dose of envy. Here you are having a realistic fantastical dream in your childhood, while my childhood was literally just drenched in horrific and bloody/gory nightmares.... *sigh*. I suppose I had one or two interestinf ones about nice worlds too, but they were never vivid enough to remember much from it. Anyway, very interesting experience you had there, definitely sounds like I world I would love to visit myself if I ever got the chance. Maybe we can astral travel there together when we both figure that stuff out eventually. x)
Cerber
Patron Deities: Alice

Fascinating :shocked: Thanks for sharing. If it feels real, it possibly is/was, at least to some extent.
Now that second picture reminds me of something I've seen before in one of my dreams.
Passchendaele
Patron Deities: none (yet)
Your favourite Demon?: Beelzebub, Lucifer, Lord Satan, Marquess Marchosias
Number of Demon Familiars: 0

Hi.

A thing I would like to say is...don't expect quick responses. With dream interpretation, the more detail the better, but it adds layers of context that have to be looked at. Also, if you were talking, one on one, with someone who was doing the interpretation, there would be much give and take. Questions asked, and answered in "real time"

The most important thing to remember with dream interpretation is, you dreamed the dream. ALL of the symbolism is significant to you and (usually) you alone. That is, One part of you already knows what the dream means, because that part of you "generated" the dream in it's entirety. That part of you was not your "waking self" which, as everyone discovers sooner or later, is the least well-informed bit of our entire Spiritual Self.

Sorry if that comes as a shock. I rather suspect it doesn't.
"Push something hard enough...and it will fall over."
Fudds First Law Of Opposition

“All art that is not mere storytelling or mere portraiture is symbolic...If you liberate a person or a landscape from the bonds of motives and their actions, causes and their effects...it will change under your eyes, and become a symbol of infinite emotion, a perfected emotion, a part of the Dark Divine Essence.”

William Butler Yeats

(The italicized word “dark” is my addition.)
Angelus_David

Oceanos wrote:Well thanks for that free dose of envy. Here you are having a realistic fantastical dream in your childhood, while my childhood was literally just drenched in horrific and bloody/gory nightmares.... *sigh*. I suppose I had one or two interestinf ones about nice worlds too, but they were never vivid enough to remember much from it. Anyway, very interesting experience you had there, definitely sounds like I world I would love to visit myself if I ever got the chance. Maybe we can astral travel there together when we both figure that stuff out eventually. x)
To be honest this dream is one of the main reasons i want to learn how to astral project lol
Angelus_David

Passchendaele wrote:Hi.

A thing I would like to say is...don't expect quick responses. With dream interpretation, the more detail the better, but it adds layers of context that have to be looked at. Also, if you were talking, one on one, with someone who was doing the interpretation, there would be much give and take. Questions asked, and answered in "real time"

The most important thing to remember with dream interpretation is, you dreamed the dream. ALL of the symbolism is significant to you and (usually) you alone. That is, One part of you already knows what the dream means, because that part of you "generated" the dream in it's entirety. That part of you was not your "waking self" which, as everyone discovers sooner or later, is the least well-informed bit of our entire Spiritual Self.

Sorry if that comes as a shock. I rather suspect it doesn't.
Na it doesn't.. and yea after posting this last night i didnt even expect there to be even 3 responses by morning, there were and it kind of surprised me xP
Cerber
Patron Deities: Alice

Btw was that the only dream of that place? Was there any other time, maybe not as vivid or as detailed, but maybe something familiar, as if from that place?
klaudia.l
Patron Deities: Ancestors and Spirit Guides

Wow like seriously your experiences sounds wild ! i am a bit jealous if i am being honest ! i remember having weird and scary dreams as a child, and honestly i still do to this day ...
Angelus_David

Cerber wrote:Btw was that the only dream of that place? Was there any other time, maybe not as vivid or as detailed, but maybe something familiar, as if from that place?
yes actually it happens rarely, there more in the form of memories (like when youre asleep and you dream about a traumatic experince you had years ago.. like that)

I remember being in this old warn down wooden building like a stripped out mess hall from an abanded camp or something, there were other people with me and the girl from the first dream. we were all in a straight line shoulder to shoulder and one by one we would step out of line listen to a bit of a song or music that resonate with us, look twords a pew that had a bunch of clothing on it do something with our hands and then pull our hands back. Sometimes the clothing would be pulled through the air to the person sometimes it wouldn't move at all.

oh and i should mention the feeling when the motion brough the shirt to me was like a string pulsing through my wrist out my bent finger and attaching to the cloth and then flicking the string pulling the object back to me

cant remember the song but i can remember the hand motion. The hand tilted a bit to the right then back to the left then flicked back
Attachments
IMG_3282.jpg
IMG_3282.jpg (83.91 KiB) Viewed 2829 times
Angelus_David

klaudia.l wrote:Wow like seriously your experiences sounds wild ! i am a bit jealous if i am being honest ! i remember having weird and scary dreams as a child, and honestly i still do to this day ...
Lol dont be jealous XP ive had my fair share of weird and scary dreams. Actually i was thinking of posting another dream that leaned towards that spectrum.

(i have a hypothesis that all the messed up scary dreams ive had are why im not really scared of much in the way of anything and nothing really bothers me)

Return to “Dreams and Their Deeper Meanings”