View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:05 pm

Satan and Sons Store     The Chat Room     Demon Encyclopedia     Satan and Suns Blog     Twitter     Facebook     Newsletter 




Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Ariel and I cannot be trusted! We did a thing! :) 
Author Message
SINNER of the month

Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:26 pm
Posts: 495
Has thanked: 86 times
Been thanked: 91 times
There are so many that can be easy Keepers or even difficult if you're looking for a challenge, cheap or more expensive. Look around the net and find what interest you and go for it. I love all my babies and love the variety and learning about new (to me) species. The T especially is a new experience for us but so far seems perfectly normal now in his little setup. I cannot wait to feed him.

I remember reading about your poor sink pet. I know we have to be careful now about chemicals in the house, which I usually am anyway because of fumes.

I'm actually proud of myself. I didn't come home with a hognose. lol if there was one at the rescue table I probably couldn't resist. lol I did hold one. So freaking cute. That and a bitty baby Biak are all I held. I'm paranoid of mites.


Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:48 am
Profile
SINNER of the month
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 16, 2016 6:36 am
Posts: 1491
Has thanked: 73 times
Been thanked: 528 times
Patron Deities?: Sekhmet, Shiva
Your favourite Demon?: Lilith, Belial, Lord Uphir
Number of Demon Familiars: 9
I am looking at Timor Monitors right now....they only grow to about 20 inches in length. Very tameable and cute little guys! Cost is not bad, either. $169. I call that mid-range. Heheh! Now look what you did!

Attachment:
timor-monitor.jpg
timor-monitor.jpg [ 27.71 KiB | Viewed 110 times ]

_________________
Image

“If you really want to do something, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse.” – Jim Rohn


"Our Gods are dead. Ancient Klingon warriors slew them over a millennia ago. They were more trouble than they were worth." (Worf, Klingon warrior)

"The Master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried."

" And it's so easy when you're Evil! This is the life, you see. The Devil tips his hat to me. I do it all because I'm Evil. And I do it all for free. Your tears are all the pay I'll ever need!" (Lord Evil via Voltaire)


Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:24 pm
Profile
SINNER of the month

Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:26 pm
Posts: 495
Has thanked: 86 times
Been thanked: 91 times
Aww, looks like a lil mini savy. Catch me on a day like today if you want a tegu. Ariel was just now trying to sell Sauce. I just needed to change his light and the whole damn fixture needed to be replaced. He's in shed so doesn't want to eat. Had diarrhea on my carpet and just wanted to climb all over me while I was replacing his outlet and putting the cage back on the lights. His enclosure is very high humidity now since he's shedding so he tracked mud all over my house and on my furniture and pillows. Yea, I love my little man. Lol


Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:43 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:33 pm
Posts: 85
Has thanked: 32 times
Been thanked: 18 times
Your favourite Demon?: Lord Mammon
Number of Demon Familiars: 2
H_Wright wrote:
There are so many that can be easy Keepers or even difficult if you're looking for a challenge, cheap or more expensive. Look around the net and find what interest you and go for it. I love all my babies and love the variety and learning about new (to me) species. The T especially is a new experience for us but so far seems perfectly normal now in his little setup. I cannot wait to feed him.

I remember reading about your poor sink pet. I know we have to be careful now about chemicals in the house, which I usually am anyway because of fumes.

I'm actually proud of myself. I didn't come home with a hognose. lol if there was one at the rescue table I probably couldn't resist. lol I did hold one. So freaking cute. That and a bitty baby Biak are all I held. I'm paranoid of mites.


Congrats on your new cuties!!!!! I agree with you about hognoses, one of the few snakes I really wanted but never had.


Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:55 pm
Profile
SINNER of the month

Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:26 pm
Posts: 495
Has thanked: 86 times
Been thanked: 91 times
MM, they are such easy keepers too. After I get my new girl settled I may just have to treat myself. I did ask the lady from rescue to call if they get one in. I have all I need for setup but the lil boop noodle. I have a ton of unused slate I'm trying to figure out to make heavy sturdy hides with. Don't know how to adhere them together.


Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:38 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:25 pm
Posts: 843
Location: Somewhere between the shadows and the light
Has thanked: 131 times
Been thanked: 112 times
Your favourite Demon?: I have a few
Number of Demon Familiars: 4
Oh my goodness it's cuuuuute!!!! I love the tarantula :devillove: I used to have a Chilean Rose Hair. I had to give her away because I had to move. I used to go outside and catch grasshoppers and crickets and feed them to her. Of course I would buy crickets from the pet store as well. But I kind of looked at it like I was feeding her organic snacks sometimes.

When I first got her I used to be afraid of her. I would put on leather gloves just to handle her LOL. Only one time was I bitten by her. That was because I let her walk on my bed and one of the hooks on her legs got caught. It looked like she was going to rip her leg off trying to pull herself free. So I kind of pulled her leg back so I could unhook it. Apparently I hurt her cuz she turned around and jumped on me and bit my arm. Majority of the Venom was on top of my arm very little went inside. I'm assuming that was on purpose I'm not sure. It just kind of felt like a bee sting. But the Venom was like a mustard yellow color. Hopefully you don't get bit :devil:P

_________________
The power of the universe lies within. "Those who don't believe in magic will never find it" ~Roald Dahl


Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:09 am
Profile
SINNER of the month

Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:26 pm
Posts: 495
Has thanked: 86 times
Been thanked: 91 times
Nefer wrote:
Oh my goodness it's cuuuuute!!!! I love the tarantula :devillove: I used to have a Chilean Rose Hair. I had to give her away because I had to move. I used to go outside and catch grasshoppers and crickets and feed them to her. Of course I would buy crickets from the pet store as well. But I kind of looked at it like I was feeding her organic snacks sometimes.

When I first got her I used to be afraid of her. I would put on leather gloves just to handle her LOL. Only one time was I bitten by her. That was because I let her walk on my bed and one of the hooks on her legs got caught. It looked like she was going to rip her leg off trying to pull herself free. So I kind of pulled her leg back so I could unhook it. Apparently I hurt her cuz she turned around and jumped on me and bit my arm. Majority of the Venom was on top of my arm very little went inside. I'm assuming that was on purpose I'm not sure. It just kind of felt like a bee sting. But the Venom was like a mustard yellow color. Hopefully you don't get bit :devil:P


Rose hairs are so cute. That is one of them that Ariel was hoping to find in rescue, but I guess they are not very common to be surrendered. This one really should not be handled. I don't think it is the real danger of the venom but the likely chance of being bit plus they are known to have the worst hairs. Not really good beginner Ts but still needed a home. :) From what I understand they are more easily handled when little like ours but get more difficult when they get older, which is opposite of what we are used to.


Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:59 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:07 pm
Posts: 218
Has thanked: 208 times
Been thanked: 127 times
Number of Demon Familiars: 0
I love you so much :hug: .
I can't be trusted either.....


Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:00 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:25 pm
Posts: 843
Location: Somewhere between the shadows and the light
Has thanked: 131 times
Been thanked: 112 times
Your favourite Demon?: I have a few
Number of Demon Familiars: 4
H_Wright wrote:
Nefer wrote:
Oh my goodness it's cuuuuute!!!! I love the tarantula :devillove: I used to have a Chilean Rose Hair. I had to give her away because I had to move. I used to go outside and catch grasshoppers and crickets and feed them to her. Of course I would buy crickets from the pet store as well. But I kind of looked at it like I was feeding her organic snacks sometimes.

When I first got her I used to be afraid of her. I would put on leather gloves just to handle her LOL. Only one time was I bitten by her. That was because I let her walk on my bed and one of the hooks on her legs got caught. It looked like she was going to rip her leg off trying to pull herself free. So I kind of pulled her leg back so I could unhook it. Apparently I hurt her cuz she turned around and jumped on me and bit my arm. Majority of the Venom was on top of my arm very little went inside. I'm assuming that was on purpose I'm not sure. It just kind of felt like a bee sting. But the Venom was like a mustard yellow color. Hopefully you don't get bit :devil:P


Rose hairs are so cute. That is one of them that Ariel was hoping to find in rescue, but I guess they are not very common to be surrendered. This one really should not be handled. I don't think it is the real danger of the venom but the likely chance of being bit plus they are known to have the worst hairs. Not really good beginner Ts but still needed a home. :) From what I understand they are more easily handled when little like ours but get more difficult when they get older, which is opposite of what we are used to.


Yes rose hairs are the most docile of the tarantula family. Oh yes the hairs, how could i forget about the hairs. Well there is always doing what i used to do. Put on leather gloves to handle her. Then the hairs will not get into your skin. I do not know much about this species of tarantula , are the temperamental ? Are they aggressive? I wonder why they become more difficult to handle when they get older? Do you know much about tarantulas? Whatever you do, do not drop her. You run a high risk of killing her if you do. Their abdomen are like a ball of jelly. Can explode if it reaches a high level of impact for its size. I have watched mine drop from the top screen of the tank to the bottom of the tank, but the tank was only a 10 gallon. She was safe .

_________________
The power of the universe lies within. "Those who don't believe in magic will never find it" ~Roald Dahl


Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:55 am
Profile
SINNER of the month

Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:26 pm
Posts: 495
Has thanked: 86 times
Been thanked: 91 times
Cor Serpentis wrote:
I love you so much :hug: .
I can't be trusted either.....


I was proud we passed all that we did at the show, mostly because of my fear of mites, but when we saw the rescue was there. Oh no!! I knew we were done for. Lol

Nefer wrote:

Yes rose hairs are the most docile of the tarantula family. Oh yes the hairs, how could i forget about the hairs. Well there is always doing what i used to do. Put on leather gloves to handle her. Then the hairs will not get into your skin. I do not know much about this species of tarantula , are the temperamental ? Are they aggressive? I wonder why they become more difficult to handle when they get older? Do you know much about tarantulas? Whatever you do, do not drop her. You run a high risk of killing her if you do. Their abdomen are like a ball of jelly. Can explode if it reaches a high level of impact for its size. I have watched mine drop from the top screen of the tank to the bottom of the tank, but the tank was only a 10 gallon. She was safe .


I know actually very little. Thankfully I have a long-time friend that has a passion for these large spiders and to mentor us. Yes, these particular kinds are known to not necessarily be aggressive, (care sheets call them moderately aggressive) but VERY hungry. They think everything going into their cage is food, which we've seen already in this little bitty guy. The one thing I hear the most complaints about are the hairs. Why I don't always trust care sheets. They all read they are slow to throw hair, but from what I hear from experienced keepers they won't hesitate. In the smaller grow out enclosure we have not I have it filled up high enough so that if he climbs and falls he doesn't have that far to fall. I'll wait and move him to his mature enclosure when he's bigger. What I need to figure out is a different top. I've seen pictures where they eat right through the screens. I like the metal top the one we're using has so I might see about cutting a piece of metal to fit and drill holes for ventilation like the grow out has. In my years of keeping various animals I've had to come up with some crafty enclosure fixes. Lol


Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:48 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Views Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software for PTF.
Karma functions powered by Karma MOD © 2007, 2009 m157y