Demon Doors and Dark Water

Dreams and their deeper meanings, post your dreams here.
Kharybdis
Patron Deities: Hel, Odin
Your favourite Demon?: Lilith, Leviathan
Number of Demon Familiars: 8

When I was thinking on Lord Leviathan awhile back, and my possible connections to him--as I've been feeling a strong pull to him, stronger than any of the other Goetic personalities--I remembered a dream I had had a long time ago.

In the first layer of the dream, I had been somewhere else; I don't quite remember where. All I do remember is that every single door was possessed by a "demon"--what I would now identify as a Black Arts being, possibly a sludge--and they would not let me pass through. I was furious and terrified, as everywhere I turned I ran into another one of these Demon Doors. I willed myself to wake up, struggling within the dream, and woke up inside my own bedroom. But things felt... off. Everything looked about right, but there was a certain quality to it that was just... wrong. I moved to the door of my bedroom to leave, only to have the door warp in hideous ways until the entire barrier was a horrible face that glowered at me in the light. Another Demon Door! I was still dreaming! Desperate and furious, I climbed onto my bed and yelled at the door as it mocked me and threatened to harm me terribly if I attempted to step through it. I was in tears, bordering on hysterics--tears of mingled fear and hatred for this thing that was keeping me prisoner both within my room and within my dreams. Finally, I had had enough--I yelled for help, yelled for it all to stop, for something to take the damnable Door away...

And the whole floor fell through. My bed (with me on it) dropped straight down, along with all the other things in my room, and tumbled into... an ocean, or a deep river, that was roaring its way through a massive cavern. All of my other things disappeared, but my bed was floating--like the scene from Little Nemo in Slumberland, which I had watched hundreds of times as a child--along the current as easily as you please. For the first time that entire night, despite the fact that everything had sunk aside from my bed bobbling in the waves, I felt at peace. I felt like I was going home, and that I was protected--though my heart still pounded with rage that the Demon Doors had tried to keep me trapped as they did.

I woke up shortly thereafter, freed from my ordeal by the rush of dark water into a deep, earthy cavern. It is not the first or last time I had encounters with "demonic" creatures in my dreams that refused to let me go, but every time I have successfully overcome them and left the dream, banishing them from my space. The worst thing I've had lately, since I've come into my own, has been all these damned elevators in my dream that act distinctly like elevators should not, drifting horizontally across the world like a nonsensical Willy Wonka elevator. But I digress.

I feel as if, maybe, Lord Leviathan heard my call in the dream, and came to my aid. If that is the case, truly I am honored that he took it upon himself to come and assist me. If it wasn't him, well... then I think whoever or whatever had me escape the Door by falling into a rushing river flowing into the darkness of a yawning cavern. That was a terrible nightmare, and I am very grateful for whatever assistance was given me to finally get out of it unscathed.
User5191
Your favourite Demon?: DW and the DF
Number of Demon Familiars: 10

Wow! That's an awesome experience. I'm sure that it must have been a profound influence and I'm glad to have read it!

One of the reasons you might have felt leviathan more strongly is that he is not one of the goetic demons. Leviathan is considered to be one of the nine demonic divinities. And, unlike most of the other demons and the goetic demons, Leviathan is actually first mentioned numerous times in the Old Testament - specifically in Job, Psalms, Amos, and Isaiah. Very few demons get mentioned by name. Although, in the biblical context, Leviathan isn't being referred to as a demon but as any large sea "monster. "

I'm curious to hear more about the cave that you found yourself in. Could you maybe further describe it? I ask, because many of us who have had some expereineces with leviathan all have similar experiences with caverns and the water. I recall the first time I ended up seeing Leviathan's realm. In all honesty, I should go back. I probably need to talk to him about a few more things and express my gratitude for some of the things he has done and people he has helped in my life.
"Verily I say unto thee, thou shalt gaze upon my field of fucks, and ye shall see that it is barren." -Bathosias

"Allow me to quote myself" -Bathosias
Kharybdis

Bathosias wrote:Wow! That's an awesome experience. I'm sure that it must have been a profound influence and I'm glad to have read it!

One of the reasons you might have felt leviathan more strongly is that he is not one of the goetic demons. Leviathan is considered to be one of the nine demonic divinities. And, unlike most of the other demons and the goetic demons, Leviathan is actually first mentioned numerous times in the Old Testament - specifically in Job, Psalms, Amos, and Isaiah. Very few demons get mentioned by name. Although, in the biblical context, Leviathan isn't being referred to as a demon but as any large sea "monster. "

I'm curious to hear more about the cave that you found yourself in. Could you maybe further describe it? I ask, because many of us who have had some expereineces with leviathan all have similar experiences with caverns and the water. I recall the first time I ended up seeing Leviathan's realm. In all honesty, I should go back. I probably need to talk to him about a few more things and express my gratitude for some of the things he has done and people he has helped in my life.
Thank you; it is definitely one of those dreams that has stuck with me, seeing as I dreamed it years ago.

I didn't get to go very deeply into the cave, as that's around when I was finally able to break free from the dream, but u do remember parts, so I'll detail as much as I can.

The cavern itself was absolutely enormous. I felt incredibly small in it; it dwarfed me as the wide, dark river rushed through it on a slow downward slope into the deeper parts of the cavern system. There were massive stalactites and stalagmites jutting from the smoothed but raw stone walls--brown, but with striping and striations from countless sedimentary deposits. The stalactites were much bigger than I was, as well, probably to the tune of 15-20 feet long or more if I had to guess, and wider around than old trees. The river itself was quick moving, but there weren't dangerous rapids, and it seemed to be getting slower as I was moving inward. The whole thing had that feel of the sublime to it, as the Romantic poets used the term; it was like being in an enormous natural cathedral, where there was no sound other than the rush of the river and its echo.

It's a bit funny, now that I think back, that my internal happy place I set up in my mind's eye wound up being a small cavern with a single stalactite hanging over a still, infinitely deep pool of water. I suppose that dream made a much bigger impact on me than I'd originally thought!
User5191

Kharybdis wrote:
Bathosias wrote:Wow! That's an awesome experience. I'm sure that it must have been a profound influence and I'm glad to have read it!

Thank you; it is definitely one of those dreams that has stuck with me, seeing as I dreamed it years ago.

I didn't get to go very deeply into the cave, as that's around when I was finally able to break free from the dream, but u do remember parts, so I'll detail as much as I can.

The cavern itself was absolutely enormous. I felt incredibly small in it; it dwarfed me as the wide, dark river rushed through it on a slow downward slope into the deeper parts of the cavern system. There were massive stalactites and stalagmites jutting from the smoothed but raw stone walls--brown, but with striping and striations from countless sedimentary deposits. The stalactites were much bigger than I was, as well, probably to the tune of 15-20 feet long or more if I had to guess, and wider around than old trees. The river itself was quick moving, but there weren't dangerous rapids, and it seemed to be getting slower as I was moving inward. The whole thing had that feel of the sublime to it, as the Romantic poets used the term; it was like being in an enormous natural cathedral, where there was no sound other than the rush of the river and its echo.

It's a bit funny, now that I think back, that my internal happy place I set up in my mind's eye wound up being a small cavern with a single stalactite hanging over a still, infinitely deep pool of water. I suppose that dream made a much bigger impact on me than I'd originally thought!
Very interesting for sure. A really cool experience. If you remember more, please let us know.
"Verily I say unto thee, thou shalt gaze upon my field of fucks, and ye shall see that it is barren." -Bathosias

Kharybdis

Bathosias wrote:
Kharybdis wrote:

Very interesting for sure. A really cool experience. If you remember more, please let us know.
I'll certainly do so. Hopefully I'll have more experiences or dreams worth writing about in the future!
User5191

Absolutely! I sure hope so. I would love to read more of these stories as they develop. If your dreams are anything like mine, it really comes at random intervals and only when you're ready. I average one of them probably every month to two months. But, that's about all I can deduce about when and why they come. Hopefully, I learn more soon too. I think I'm getting to a place where more might be helpful. :devilthumbs:

Kharybdis

I have very active and memorable dreams every night, but not terribly many "important" ones. I am also many different characters in my dream, sometimes myself but often not. It's very bizarre.

I look forward to you having experiences, as well! I am very excited to learn from others' experiences as much as my own, and I very much hope that you get the opportunity to learn that which needs to be learned soon.

Return to “Dreams and Their Deeper Meanings”