demon familars vs campanions.

Questions and Answers for where to begin on the Darker Spiritual Paths.

Moderator: Akelta

undertaker
Patron Deities: 0
Your favourite Demon?: 0
Number of Demon Familiars: 0

What are the differences between demon familars and demon campanions? Do they have different skills, and also do they share any traits with their campanions? (By that I mean both but demons in general, where it concerns the safety of that demons campanion can they share for example supernatural strength if the situation calls for it?)
Anatel
Your favourite Demon?: DH, my twin
Number of Demon Familiars: 16

Technically they can be used interchangeably. There is no difference really other than your own perception. I prefer to use the term companion as the term familiar is defined as:

"A familiar (or familiar spirit or familiar animal) is an animal-shaped spirit or minor demon believed to serve a witch or magician as domestic servant, spy and companion, in addition to helping to bewitch enemies or to divine information. "

whereas Companion is defined as:

"1. a person who frequently associates with or accompanies another; comrade.
2. a person in a usu. long-term, intimate relationship with another person; partner." of course in this case the word "person" is substituted for Demon.

I dont believe any of my Demon family to be "minor" and they certainly arent animals nor do they serve me. But neither is more wrong than the other really. Like i said its just up to your own personal preference. Either is perfectly acceptable.
Age is a number and an attitude......and a measurement of how far you can toss your boobs- Akelta
undertaker
Patron Deities: 0
Your favourite Demon?: 0

Magicwand , I agree with the term companion, it sounds more respectful.
BravoOmega8

I'd be using companion.
brandon3913
Patron Deities: Azazel,Lucifuge
Your favourite Demon?: Hellhound,Abaasy demon,Succubus,Demonic vampire
Number of Demon Familiars: 3

Demon familiar and companion is in same catagory
DoubleD
Patron Deities: Aranunna, Marduk, Anubis, Horus
Your favourite Demon?: Still Learning This

well said Anatel/Magic. I look at all my companions as equals if not above me so they are respected and loved in my home.
learningk120
Patron Deities: Satan,Mammon,Belial,U
Your favourite Demon?: Satan,Mammon,Belial,U,T,Z,V,E,Z,Z,U
Number of Demon Familiars: 66

yes i agree Double D, they like family for me :seasaw:
user1876
Patron Deities: Azazel Rosier
Your favourite Demon?: Azazel Satan Prince Mo Prince V Lucifer Mammon Belial Rosier Babael Paimon
Number of Demon Familiars: 26

Anatel wrote:Technically they can be used interchangeably. There is no difference really other than your own perception. I prefer to use the term companion as the term familiar is defined as:

"A familiar (or familiar spirit or familiar animal) is an animal-shaped spirit or minor demon believed to serve a witch or magician as domestic servant, spy and companion, in addition to helping to bewitch enemies or to divine information. "

whereas Companion is defined as:

"1. a person who frequently associates with or accompanies another; comrade.
2. a person in a usu. long-term, intimate relationship with another person; partner." of course in this case the word "person" is substituted for Demon.

I dont believe any of my Demon family to be "minor" and they certainly arent animals nor do they serve me. But neither is more wrong than the other really. Like i said its just up to your own personal preference. Either is perfectly acceptable.
Hi yes your right I also prefer to call my Demon's my companions I also like the way it makes me feel and if I am happy they are to I think of them as my Family as well ;)
I Have Won Sinner Of The Month Five Times Now ' My Grandmother Always Said either Stand For Something are You Will Fall for Anything ' I am not Just Walking My path . I am Living it !
User3246
Patron Deities: Papa Legba, Shiva, Odin
Your favourite Demon?: Samael , Lord Uphir, Lord Asmodeus, Lord Satan, Lord Mammon, Lord Azazel
Number of Demon Familiars: 17

I like companion better, except maybe for the Imp. I don't know enough about them yet to be able to say for sure though.
“If you really want to do something, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse.” – Jim Rohn

"The Master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried."

Do not rely on ANYTHING, unexamined. If It does not seem to fit, ask about it. If it ultimately degrades or dishonors or holds you back, it is bad for you, so remove it from your life. If it takes from you and never gives back, it is a leech. Discard it. In magick rely only on your own work: What you have seen and done and used for your own self and in your own way. Only keep what in your own estimation is worth keeping. (Hellcat's Rules Of Satanic Magick)"

Don't get too close. It's Dark inside. It's where my Demons hide!

Hailing Satan isn't a hobby, its a lifestyle. (S@tan)
Inanna
Patron Deities: Lilith, Hekate
Your favourite Demon?: Lucifer, Azazel

I like to think of them as allies. Once a deeper bond is achieved then they become family.
Thou shalt know that all battles can be won through silence.

Return to “Starting out on the LHP and the Dark Spiritual Paths”