Beginning Meditations and Conversations on Lord Belial.

Questions and Answers for where to begin on the Darker Spiritual Paths.

Moderator: Akelta

User3246
Patron Deities: Papa Legba, Shiva, Odin
Your favourite Demon?: Samael , Lord Uphir, Lord Asmodeus, Lord Satan, Lord Mammon, Lord Azazel
Number of Demon Familiars: 17

I just wanted to state that I am SO new to the LHP, that a lot of the demons, the ways they can help me, and even how to speak inoffensively to a demon, are at this point beyond my knowledge. I think the only way to learn it is to dig in and look for as many answers as I can get on my own, and hope folks can help fill in the gaps where I lack knowledge or experience. What I want to do is start talking to them and about them, beginning a conversation of them as friends and mentors. This week I have randomly chosen Lord Belial, about whom I know not a thing. So, here is a bit of what I have discovered today: Belial comes from Hebrew and means "worthless, or without value". It can also mean "without a master" in the sense that Belial is a spirit of independence, unruliness, self-sufficiency and personal accomplishment. Far from being worthless, Belial determines his own worth, by his independent actions. I take this to mean that he could not care less what others think about him. He determines his own path and his worth is self-evident. This is the perfect demon to start with! On the LHP, these values will get you far; self-study, self-determination, and self-value! Belial is one of Satan's most venerable demons. So I am taking a week on him, and will share what I find out, and if get it wrong, please correct me!
“If you really want to do something, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse.” – Jim Rohn

"The Master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried."

Do not rely on ANYTHING, unexamined. If It does not seem to fit, ask about it. If it ultimately degrades or dishonors or holds you back, it is bad for you, so remove it from your life. If it takes from you and never gives back, it is a leech. Discard it. In magick rely only on your own work: What you have seen and done and used for your own self and in your own way. Only keep what in your own estimation is worth keeping. (Hellcat's Rules Of Satanic Magick)"

Don't get too close. It's Dark inside. It's where my Demons hide!

Hailing Satan isn't a hobby, its a lifestyle. (S@tan)
User5191
Your favourite Demon?: DW and the DF
Number of Demon Familiars: 10

Well, I'm really glad to hear that you're starting out and working on defining your path. It's also good that you're doing the research. I would suggest that you may want to take more than a week to work with a demon. It generally will take a little longer to build a meaningful relationship. Instead of trying to hit a ton of demons, it may be better to just work with a few that you resonate best with and build those relationships first. As far as "getting it wrong" - so to speak - people will have some guidance. But, ultimately, the impressions you get YOU need to trust and work on building your own interpretations of them. After all, they won't necessarily approach two people the same way. Enjoy!
"Verily I say unto thee, thou shalt gaze upon my field of fucks, and ye shall see that it is barren." -Bathosias

"Allow me to quote myself" -Bathosias
User3246
Your favourite Demon?: Samael , Lord Uphir, Lord Asmodeus, Lord Satan, Lord Mammon, Lord Azazel

Cka75 wrote:Well, I'm really glad to hear that you're starting out and working on defining your path. It's also good that you're doing the research. I would suggest that you may want to take more than a week to work with a demon. It generally will take a little longer to build a meaningful relationship. Instead of trying to hit a ton of demons, it may be better to just work with a few that you resonate best with and build those relationships first. As far as "getting it wrong" - so to speak - people will have some guidance. But, ultimately, the impressions you get YOU need to trust and work on building your own interpretations of them. After all, they won't necessarily approach two people the same way. Enjoy!
Interesting! I wanted to start with a month, but then changed my mind. I am just getting some knowledge together, and was not thinking about building a relationship as yet, but maybe that is exactly what I should be doing! After reading a bit more, I am thinking I have brass balls starting with King Belial, but this demon is all about being unconquerable, and independent. Since, I started it, I want to do it right! instead of thinking about how I might get it wrong, I will concentrate on how to do it RIGHT! A mistake is a mistake, but I need the right intention, which is to do this to the best of my ability, in detail, with a lot of thought and precision. Yes, I am STUDYING Belial, not just acquiring some off-hand knowledge. He is a King, so I will have to work hard to impress him . Tomorrow I will add notes from what I learned today! From what I understand, he is very difficult to connect with.
“If you really want to do something, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse.” – Jim Rohn

Do not rely on ANYTHING, unexamined. If It does not seem to fit, ask about it. If it ultimately degrades or dishonors or holds you back, it is bad for you, so remove it from your life. If it takes from you and never gives back, it is a leech. Discard it. In magick rely only on your own work: What you have seen and done and used for your own self and in your own way. Only keep what in your own estimation is worth keeping. (Hellcat's Rules Of Satanic Magick)"

Anatel
Your favourite Demon?: DH, my twin
Number of Demon Familiars: 16

Belial is an awesome Demon Lord to work with. He is one of the 9 divinities, representing the earth element. He is a demon to work with in business matters, execration or necromancy. When choosing a Demon Lord to work with, the best rule of thumb is to go for one that you feel specifically drawn to work with. If you have no obvious purpose to invoke them, then start building the relationship by simply lighting candles and leaving offerings. maybe say a few words and build up from there. Belial likes frankincense, patchouli soaked mullein, pine branches, apples, and even blood, since he is an earth demon(though i would not suggest the use of blood for every day offerings. reserve those for serious ritual) . Candle colors are green and brown. Face his altar or offerings to the north.
His enn is Lirach Tasa Vefa Wehlc Belial.
Age is a number and an attitude......and a measurement of how far you can toss your boobs- Akelta
User3246

This is Day 2. Here was my message from Belial today, since he told me to come back: "I don't like the disrespectful way you talk to yourself. Watch your words! I want you to consider how you talk to everyone. Consider that you are talking to ME. If you would not say it to me, then you certainly should not say it to anyone else." So today I was asked if I had thought about what I wanted. So I said "A demon to be with me to learn from and as a companion, who I can consider as part of my family." He said granted. (!)
From my readings today-

BELIAL – King
Color: Yellow
Incense: Frankincense
Metal: Gold
Planet: Sun
Element: Fire (Earth) (Under Corson)
Demonic Enn: Lirach tasa vefa welhc Belial
Origin: Fallen Angel formerly of high rank. Order of Virtues (5 = Geburah). Considered synonymous with Satan in the Dead Sea Scrolls. Possibly the most dangerous Demon in the Goetia. Sacrifices and offerings are required. If you must experiment with this entity use powdered bull’s blood (Blood meal fertilizer) and a flaming libation of brandy (as the late Vincent Price suggested: “Good brandy, please.”).

From the Daemonolatry Goetia by S. Connolly
Belial is a demon with a lot of history, and a lot of power to back up his name. He has been compared to Satan, is seen as one of the most dangerous demons, and is one of the only demons who outright demands sacrifices in order to be properly summoned. He is a demon of divination, but will only impart truth if you hold a strong power within you to defend yourself against him, namely from the divine. He can award you power among others and peace among friends. He is also seen as Beliall, and belongs to Francis Barrett’s The Magus as the Prince of Iniquity, Sebastien Michaelis’ Histoire Admirable de la Possession et Conversion d'une Penitente in the third hierarchy as Arrogance, Faust’s Hierarchy of Kingdoms as South, and Dukante’s Hierarchy in the First Family as the Earth Elemental.

From the Psuedomonarchia Daemonum by Johann Wier
He Governs 50 Legions of Spirits, who are of the Infernal and Celestial/Luciferian realms of the earth. Belial also initiates into the Solar and Lunar Gnosis of being, that of Vampyres and Wolves. King Belial demands sacrifice, which is of a sexual nature. A powerful Will is required to restrain and hold this force in the Evocation circle or Black Mirror, from which then the sorcerer should immolate the self in this Daemonic Force – the isolated and immortal psyche.

[The above from the website 'So Three Demonolators Walk Into A Bar']

I find it very interesting that Belial initiates Vampyres and WereWolves into Solar and Lunar Gnosis, noting that the WereWolves have great ties to thier 'curse' being active at Full Moon (Lunar) and the Vampyres curse is historically that they must shun the sun (Solar). I also note that all of King Belial's dominions are in darkness. (Original text from the Dead Sea Scrolls: ‘But for corruption thou hast made Belial, an angel of hostility. All his dominions are in darkness, and his purpose is to bring about wickedness and guilt. All the spirits that are associated with him are but angels of destruction.’) Final note that bull's blood meal fertilizer can be obtained from Espoma fertilizer company, and is a powdered blood treatment often used for roses. :devilread:

DoubleD
Patron Deities: Aranunna, Marduk, Anubis, Horus
Your favourite Demon?: Still Learning This
Number of Demon Familiars: 0

This is interesting all the way around. of course I have read everything on Belial from Connolly to Mark but I have just not had the same demanding experiences from him, albeit, I admit, I have only asked for his presence three times, twice to honor him on his day and once for some specific help with an issue. I did not find him to be gruff or harsh at all, I didn't feel like i had to run out and get the good scotch as an offering or give him blood.

I wonder if some of that comes from the magicians who choose to evoke rather than invoke or ask? That's more of a question really.

I do intend to do the workings of Mark as they relate to Belial later this year so we shall see, I may be singing a different tune in a year :)

DD
User3246

DoubleD wrote:This is interesting all the way around. of course I have read everything on Belial from Connolly to Mark but I have just not had the same demanding experiences from him, albeit, I admit, I have only asked for his presence three times, twice to honor him on his day and once for some specific help with an issue. I did not find him to be gruff or harsh at all, I didn't feel like i had to run out and get the good scotch as an offering or give him blood.

I wonder if some of that comes from the magicians who choose to evoke rather than invoke or ask? That's more of a question really.

I do intend to do the workings of Mark as they relate to Belial later this year so we shall see, I may be singing a different tune in a year :)

DD
He is just being amazing with me! Tough love. Every time I open my mouth now, it is like I see him, and would YOU say something disrespectful to this demon? :( Not me! I find myself looking in the mirror now, and seeing good qualities. I am THINKING before I say something. It is hard for me not to blurt things out and clown around, but I am doing it! I am being more respectful to myself and others.

This is Day Three of my studies on Lord Belial. I am placing some pine branches and a cut apple on my altar, and burning some frankincense as an offering to him. I only have white tea-light candles, I hope that is okay!

User3246

I am still working with Belial! Today I found a canvas book bag, got some fabric paint, beads, and trimmings, and I am 'embellishing' it with brown and black metallic beads, his sigil, and some fabric paint. I also found a swarovski crystal type skull and some black leather tassels. Tomorrow I am gonna have some fun. The craft store had a sale, so i found another canvas book bag with a sea theme, And plan on making another one for Leviathan! :)

User3246

Continuing my studies of Lord Belial, who is one of Hell's Crown Princes: "The demon of lies, he was acknowledged in the Bible as a source of great evil, and even as the Lord of all demons. Some apocrypha declare that Belial was created next to Lucifer, and that he was a King of Hell governing 80 Infernal Legions. Others show Belial as being the father of Lucifer and the angel that convinced him to wage a rebellian in heaven against God, and that, as such, he was the first of the fallen angels to be expelled." (From the Occultopedia).

Belial is one of the four Crown Princes of Hell. The Crown Princes are representative of the four elements, and Belial is the representative of the northern quarter and the element of Earth.
Invoke the Four Crown Princes of Hell as the four most representative idols; the list of Infernal Names in The Satanic Bible are taken from a wide selection of cultures and times throughout history, they enrich the Four Crown Princes:

Satan
Fire
Cardinal: South
Freud: Ego!
Character: Infernals
Lord of Fire and the Inferno
Adversary, opposer, accuser
The unified rebellion

Belial
Earth
Cardinal: North
Character: Practicals
Being without a master. Mastery of the Earth. Independence. Community. Flesh.

Lucifer
Air
Cardinal: East
Freud: Super ego
Character: Evangelists
Bringer of light. The morning star. Intellectualism. Enlightenment.

Leviathan
Waters
Cardinal: West
Freud: Id
The serpent out of the sea. The oceans. Sex, love, desire, emotions. Coiled serpent. Twisted subconscious.

8-)

Return to “Starting out on the LHP and the Dark Spiritual Paths”