Displaying demon sigils

Questions and Answers for where to begin on the Darker Spiritual Paths.

Moderator: Akelta

Inanna
Patron Deities: Lilith, Hekate
Your favourite Demon?: Lucifer, Azazel

When I was researching into Goetic demons in the past, I read on other forums that it's dangerous to even look directly at a demon sigil unless you're prepared to evoke it, because staring into a sigil would catch the attention of the demon. Therefore using demon sigils as profile pictures, for example, would be totally dangerous. Since for demonolators demons are to be respected instead of feared, how are sigils used aside from being a tool of communication? Is it considered respectful towards the demons to display demon sigils as wallpapers, T-shirt designs, wall art et cetra?
Thou shalt know that all battles can be won through silence.
Darth Moronius

Bumping this question, because there are some tattoo artists who offer tattoo of sigils.
Anatel
Your favourite Demon?: DH, my twin
Number of Demon Familiars: 16

I have sigils all over my house. Here is an example of one of the walls in my house. I see no issue with that. I think it depends largely on approach. My sigils (that ive personally made, not that others have made for me) are offerings to the demons ive done them for. I will often use them to connect or even meditate with that demon.

My intent is that i honour them by giving them a space in my home, on my wall, for all to see. I have sigils in each roomof my house. They can be used to honour the demon they represent or add protection to the room(s) they are hanging in, if thats how you ward your house. They can be used for connecting and communicating, offerings, for purposes that demon specializes in (for example Buer specializes in herbal knowledge, a kitchen would be a great place to hang his, though ive decided on putting it in my living room for now)
a meditation aid, etc.
Attachments
2016-03-19 11.37.03.jpg
Age is a number and an attitude......and a measurement of how far you can toss your boobs- Akelta
Phlan
Number of Demon Familiars: 1

I love that Anatel!!!! I kinda want to do that now! :devilgrin:
Anatel
Your favourite Demon?: DH, my twin
Number of Demon Familiars: 16

Phlan wrote:I love that Anatel!!!! I kinda want to do that now! :devilgrin:
Thank you! my entire house is a temple. My bedroom has altars facing each direction and they are covered in statues, sigils, offerings, candles, incenses... etc. for ritual setups i love it. i do get raised eyebrows when people come over but its worth it lol
Age is a number and an attitude......and a measurement of how far you can toss your boobs- Akelta
Phlan
Number of Demon Familiars: 1

That's sooo cool, right now for King U I use one of my guitar amps for his alter lol I love having my music room as my temple cause it's just bursting with super positive energy and I love to play guitar(played for Ashtaroth all the time, still have not played for King U)
User4964
Number of Demon Familiars: 0

Anatel wrote: Thank you! my entire house is a temple. My bedroom has altars facing each direction and they are covered in statues, sigils, offerings, candles, incenses... etc. for ritual setups i love it. i do get raised eyebrows when people come over but its worth it lol
I truly admire your devotion, Anatel. The art you have displayed is beautiful as well.
User5191
Your favourite Demon?: DW and the DF
Number of Demon Familiars: 10

Love the pic Anatel! And I love sigil work! :)devil:
"Verily I say unto thee, thou shalt gaze upon my field of fucks, and ye shall see that it is barren." -Bathosias

"Allow me to quote myself" -Bathosias
Inanna
Patron Deities: Lilith, Hekate
Your favourite Demon?: Lucifer, Azazel

Anatel, your setup is so cool! I'd love something like that if I own a house one day.
Thou shalt know that all battles can be won through silence.
jhdea11
Your favourite Demon?: Astaroth, Lucifuge, Agaliarept, Thoth, Anubis, Sin

Inanna wrote:When I was researching into Goetic demons in the past, I read on other forums that it's dangerous to even look directly at a demon sigil unless you're prepared to evoke it, because staring into a sigil would catch the attention of the demon. Therefore using demon sigils as profile pictures, for example, would be totally dangerous. Since for demonolators demons are to be respected instead of feared, how are sigils used aside from being a tool of communication? Is it considered respectful towards the demons to display demon sigils as wallpapers, T-shirt designs, wall art et cetra?
From my own experience, most demons (and other spirits generally) will not go to people simply because they handle their sigils, because this takes quite a bit of power on their part. Imagine knowing when everyone thinks of you, and then taking the effort to go to them wherever they are in the world. :devilchain:
Most demons are not harmful unless you are disrespectful to them or are do something which they interpret as quite bad (for example, many are devoutly practical in their spiritual practices, i.e. magic, and if you are trying to prevent the progress of magic in the world they may harm you. This is because they genuinely want people to develop as magicians or fellow spirits :meditate: ). Of course, this depends on the entity in question. :fulldevil:
If you aren't breaking, you aren't doing it right!!!

Do you want power? Then approach your death!!

I know it's scary. Don't worry. That means it's worth it!

Return to “Starting out on the LHP and the Dark Spiritual Paths”