Psychological health--Clinical depression

A section for celebrating health and wellness!
Shifa
Patron Deities: Ceiling Cat
Your favourite Demon?: Basement Cat

I understand somewhat ... not exactly for the same reasons, but I go through those anger-depressive periods also.
*hugs* Hang in there. I hope you'll be well.
I am not the type to say such things as "the gods/spirits are testing you." Who the hell knows. I hope you are approaching this from all sides, holistically.
Fall into the depths of nothingness beyond the dark
DoubleD
Patron Deities: Aranunna, Marduk, Anubis, Horus
Your favourite Demon?: Still Learning This
Number of Demon Familiars: 0

well said Lok, i tend to agree. It isn't always about being tested, if ever. It is best to approach it from every angle and find the best balance.
Shifa

Getting out for the vacation will help you a bunch though.
Where in the Blue Ridge are you going?
H_Wright

He lives in Blue Ridge, GA, so his side and back yards are the forest itself as far as the eye can see. It really is wonderful there and so grounding.

I am definitely hitting this from all angles. I won't use medications because I know this is temporary and healing is a process, not a quick fix, but I'm using lemongrass and healing crystals. Don't trust myself for meditation right now because of my own energy. Lots of prayer, honestly, lots and lots. Lol
Shifa

Catnip and lemon balm. Not sure why those two popped in my head, but I felt compelled to type them.
Even if you just went out and rubbed some leaves in your hands for a sniff.
Monarda (bee balm) is a funny oil to me, it gives me the giggles as it smells like Trix cereal. I dunno, I thought you might want some happy plants.
Lemongrass just has a sharpness I don't care for. ;p

Do you like art? Coloring books are awesome. There are even hilarious ones on Amazon, strictly for adults, with cussing.
Consider detail work, puzzles, games, something that switches your mind in another direction ... or perhaps mandalas.
Are there any labyrinths nearby to walk? Or an arboretum? You need to get out as much as you can. (Listen to me, I'm suddenly Dr. Phil ... lol)
H_Wright

Lokakisa wrote:Catnip and lemon balm. Not sure why those two popped in my head, but I felt compelled to type them.
Monarda (bee balm) is a funny oil to me, it gives me the giggles as it smells like Trix cereal. I dunno, I thought you might want some happy plants.

Do you like art? Coloring books are awesome. There are even hilarious ones on Amazon, strictly for adults, with cussing.
Consider detail work, puzzles, games, something that switches your mind in another direction ... or perhaps mandalas.
Are there any labyrinths nearby to walk? Or an arboretum? You need to get out as much as you can. (Listen to me, I'm suddenly Dr. Phil ... lol)
Lol, now you have me wanting to try some bee balm. I used to grow it but I have very little morning sun in my tree covered yard. I do love uplifting oils.

I have been doing "mind busy" games. I should try the coloring books. I'm betting I would enjoy them. I do wonder if the timing of my bad decisions coupled with the "winter blues" is what really shook me. I've also been so busy at work but so little time to get in extra work and extra $$ that has added extra stress. My ex also doesn't get visitation anymore so I'm 24/7 mom and even though my kids are older I still feel the extra strain of never having the alone time that I need. I did just see a free concert tonight that I think I might drag myself to. I usually bring the kids but I really NEED to start putting myself out there for more friends that I can find something in common with, and time WITHOUT the kids. This means I have to people and I'm so not good at peopling.
Shifa

I love bee balm too and it drives me up the wall every year trying to get them to live and to bloom lol.
Well try to find some plants that don't mind shade or just do pot gardening so you can move them around (if your schedule allows that, or maybe your kids could help).

Seriously consider the coloring books because there is such a plethora available you will surely find something along your tastes. And yes you need some me-time without guilt!
Even better sit outside and draw or color or do games or whatever to get some nature in. Try the Grumpy Cat mobile game, it will have you laughing out loud.
I am not good at peopling either but yeah some socializing once in while couldn't hurt either.
Drag your butt to a garden center/nursery if you can't grow the plants you like, converse with some horticulturists or simply run your hands through everything for the tactile/aroma experience.
Find some art classes to do some peopling, maybe you have one of those paint your own pottery stores or something?
Or stores that sell crystals, start meeting people with similar interests just to strike up convos.
Do like SH does and haunt the craft stores for those neat finds, then hang out in the coffee shop and do some craft work, maybe someone will approach you! (hopefully not a "come to my church" type)
Go to yard sales, estate sales, craft shows, flea markets, yes even the free concerts and things, plenty of ways to get out and not spend a lot of money, yet meet & mingle and find interesting stuff.
DoubleD
Patron Deities: Aranunna, Marduk, Anubis, Horus
Your favourite Demon?: Still Learning This
Number of Demon Familiars: 0

Lokakisa wrote:Catnip and lemon balm. Not sure why those two popped in my head, but I felt compelled to type them.

Look at you go Lok, These are all really great ways to focus or relax the mind, active meditation. I am terrible with just sitting and quieting the mind, i am the first to admit it, so i use active meditation. I hadn't thought about coloring though, that's great. I have found a new little thing I like to do, make things out of clay.. Actually maybe I will do that or ritual tonight.
Shifa

Clay is good! Art is good! Whatever it takes. Get thee to a craft store and have at it.
Or nature watch even. Sit and watch the bees and butterflies work, and forget your worries.

Also I wanted to pop in again because I remembered that spikenard is the oil of forgiveness.
H_Wright

Lokakisa wrote:Clay is good! Art is good! Whatever it takes. Get thee to a craft store and have at it.
Or nature watch even. Sit and watch the bees and butterflies work, and forget your worries.

Also I wanted to pop in again because I remembered that spikenard is the oil of forgiveness.
Never ever thought of spikenard. Wonderful. I had really meant to make it to my local shop yesterday for some oils, herbs and candles as my supply is almost nonexistent right now and was too lazy. I have plenty of white candles, I just can't get myself to mentally get in the right place with substituting white for anything. The color really helps me focus more on my goals. If I can surround the candle with an herb to help with my intention it helps, but I wanted purple and the only thing I could think of is lavender and my daughter is allergic. Guess I'm waiting until tomorrow.

And they are calling for rain next weekend. I'm not even going to care. I'm going anyway and I'll just get wet.

Return to “Health and Wellness”