View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 25, 2017 8:07 am

Satan and Sons Store     The Chat Room     Demon Encyclopedia     Satan and Suns Blog     Twitter     Facebook 

Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Some of my special pup fosters and forevers. Pic heavy! 

Ahah, I found an easier way to share pictures. Watch out. Lol

To keep separate from my reptile page, but still on topic with rescue, I have been part of dog rescue since we adopted my boxer Jubilee. We were looking to adopt and the rescue was looking for fosters. We failed right away. Failing is never a bad thing when it comes to fostering. :) This girl is where it all started. She's 8 now and had a life expectancy of 3 with valvular heart disease. (BTW, should couldn't be adopted out of the rescue because she cannot safely be spayed without risking her life.) To explain a short summary of what I do, I pull dogs for multiple rescues, local and in NY, get them healthy and let their bodies and minds healed to a point that they can go to a regular foster home, or if healthy enough to a forever home. Most of our dogs came to us using the term aggressive, rescue only. Only one fit that description and I'll explain him later.

The bulldog Margot now lives with my husband, but I have legal custody. She keeps him company and is an easy social dog, which is what he needs. She is a 4 year old puppy mill mama, my 3rd foster failure. I'll share the 2nd later.

Another foster who went to a rescue and still looking for a forever home in NY. Roxanne was an Animal Control favorite who nobody gave a chance because she was shutting down mentally.

Adora was found in our front yard. One of the few that didn't come from the pound. She was about 9 months old and had what looked to be chemical burns all along her back, or possibly somebody set her on fire. We'll never know what happened. She is also still looking for her forever home in NY. She doesn't even look like the same dog. Really she is not! She's a totally new Adora, except for the chewbaca noises we just can't train out of her.

This is Trey. Trey was 11 when his human mom passed away and her family couldn't keep him. Trey got to where he wouldn't let anybody even look at him he was so defeated. He was adopted and lived out the rest of his life with a new mom who loved him until he had to be euthanized for bloat. His favorite thing in the world was his pillow and baby doll.

Another favorite even though he was a big PITA in a tiny body. Winston was brought to an animal control that does not require neutering on adoption. We didn't want him used as a puppy mill dog so scooped him up and got him neutered so he could live life as a spoiled pet.

Ahhh Elvis. He was brought to AC by a Good Samaritan when he was thrown from a car. He was also one of the "aggressive ones". Wouldn't you be too? He's adopted in a wonderful family.

It's hard picking and choosing. Maybe one day I'll make a book or a blog I can just share, because we all know I have time for that.

Next is Adora. Adora lived under bushes with her homeless father. He loved her enough to surrender her to us when he knew she was dying and we could save her. Unfortunately that is all we could do to help him. She had no hair at all when we first got her but she had the sweetest spirit. She is in an amazing forever home in NY and has a new baby human brother to protect and a kitty sister.

And, to make it simple, these puppies I kept way too long because their rescue was in NY and we are in NC. We got snow storms back to back and never had safe travel time so they stayed with me for 5 weeks when it was supposed to be 2. :/ Best way to get them all together is this picture. Lol

I mentioned Lucy and Ethel in my other post. They were just found wandering around. Lucy was a force to be reckoned with with. Riddled with cancer when she was found and not a candidate for treatment, Ethel a nervous wreck with heart worm that is too dangerous to treat with her health, they stuck around. We had Lucy euthanized last November, after having her for 2 years, when the cancer took over too much of her little body. Ethel is still around driving us all crazy with her baying, doing what a beagle does. BTW, she is also on a diet. Lucy is on top, Ethel on bottom.

And I guess last but not least are now gone from my life. First is Andy. I will cry sharing his story and will try to make it short. We don't know why but Andy was severely emaciated. I don't even have his pictures saved, but can find them somewhere. I don't like to see them. He had large open ulcers on his hips, major hip dysplasia and what can only be described as PTSD. We tried our best to give him the best life despite all this. We were told after a year and a half that the rescue couldn't take the risk of every adopting him out so we adopted him. Deep down I always knew. I also always knew he was not safe to have around my family. We managed his PTSD for a couple years before we decided it wasn't fair to any of us and had him euthanized with all of us around him, the family that loved the unloveable. He needed a complete hip replacement on both sides but vets wouldn't touch him and he was in pain. We tried and tried to control it but were never able to give him a normal life. I refuse to call him a failure of any kind because he was pure heart. It might have been broken, but that's all he was. Trying to find the best picture to describe him is nearly impossible, but this is the one I chose because this is how I want to remember him.

Finally for now Jordan. We adopted Jordan because we didn't want somebody to adopt him and try to lop his tail off. He was my heart dog. We lost him just over a year ago and though I know he's still here I miss his big ol body practically trying to crawl inside of me for cuddles.

I'll save the damn cats for another post.

BTW, if anybody is interested in and just wants to know ways they can help please just PM me, or even post here and I'll be happy to tell you a ton of things you can do, financially and nonfinancially to help your area rescues. That's really the purpose of this since it was brought up to show how much a single family (or person) who is willing can make a difference. Believe me I had many more to choose from but these are some that are on the top of my heart. Some have stayed a long time, some just for a night or 2, but every single one of them are precious.

Mon May 01, 2017 5:19 pm
SINNER of the month

Patron Deities?: Azazel Rosier
Your favourite Demon?: Azazel Satan Rosier Babael Paimon
Number of Demon Familiars: 19
This is amazing you really can see . a difference in the Dogs that you Have rescued they all look So Sweet also , I Do know something about sharing Custody with your EX '' I Did it one time, You Boxer Jubliee reminds me of my Dog max he was my Baby they all look ' amazing its great that not Only do you adopt Dogs that need a home but your also Recue them that are being mistreated are Hurt by ' Their Owners for No reason just to be Evil thanks for sharing love all ' the Pictures by the way :cloud:

Mon May 01, 2017 5:31 pm

Number of Demon Familiars: 0
First off all, thank you for not putting this in the scalies thread, I haven't backed out of a thread that fast in a long, long time, lol. I'm so scared of snakes (and siders, butterflies, and toads, too) it's unreal.

I love what you're doing, it's so fantastic to read stories like these, because they give a sometimes much needed reminder that there is a lot of kindness in the world, and sometimes abused and abandoned animals can and do get a second chance, thanks to good people.

What a lovely, lovely bunch of dogs, I could squee over these pics all day.

Mon May 01, 2017 5:42 pm

LOL IC, sorry about that. I'm glad I decided to separate them then too. I still do a lot of squeeing too. You never grow immune to cute puppies!!

Velle, there is so much evil in this world, but all these guys remind me of all the good. I try to remember this was their old life. They deserve to live for the future. I know how much my babies mean to me so my goal is to always get them ready for a home where they will be heart dog, right where they belong. I don't do a lot of the forever home adoptions because it limits what I can do for those that need acute care and have real mental trauma. That would be my speciality. I love seeing the update pictures when I can though and the ones I can't I just have to know and trust that they are being loved. Looking through pictures so share brought back so many memories. I have enough to fill about 20 post full. Lol I don't want to bore everybody with my fosters though. After all I still have the real evil in the world to share, CATS!!

Mon May 01, 2017 5:51 pm

*AHEM* Did someone mention the c word? :devilparty: As a certified (crazy?) cat lady, I suggest you bring on those pics. We can never have too many cat pics, or too many cat lovers.

Mon May 01, 2017 5:59 pm

Icecold wrote:
*AHEM* Did someone mention the c word? :devilparty: As a certified (crazy?) cat lady, I suggest you bring on those pics. We can never have too many cat pics, or too many cat lovers.

Lol, I guess I qualify. I'll get to working on that I promise!!! Share yours too!! We'll be CCLs together. I never thought I'd be "one of them".

Mon May 01, 2017 6:02 pm

Now, that's a good idea, I haven't actually posted a pic of my little catfriend yet. She's 7, 8 in August, and likes to chew on headphone cords and washing up gloves. The money she's costed me! :devilgrin:

Mon May 01, 2017 6:25 pm

Icecold wrote:
Now, that's a good idea, I haven't actually posted a pic of my little catfriend yet. She's 7, 8 in August, and likes to chew on headphone cords and washing up gloves. The money she's costed me! :devilgrin:

I'm telling you I do not exaggerate when I say they are true evil. Their cuteness is a survival technique. They love on you JUST enough to keep alive! You have no idea how many times a day I say "Damn cats!" They come out of nowhere and take over your home!

Mon May 01, 2017 6:29 pm

I've loved cats my entire life, and am planning to get all my childhood cats (and other pets) with me as ghost kitties by buying a binding of them, I have my most recent with me. I have to remind myself when people ask "so, is it one cat you have?" that the official answer is yes, lol.

Mon May 01, 2017 6:48 pm

Icecold wrote:
I've loved cats my entire life, and am planning to get all my childhood cats (and other pets) with me as ghost kitties by buying a binding of them, I have my most recent with me. I have to remind myself when people ask "so, is it one cat you have?" that the official answer is yes, lol.

I really don't think they ever leave. I know all mine are here in some way or another, but most enjoy their freedom. I think it is just their cat instincts that don't ever really leave them. Yes, I have 48 cats. LOL, way exaggerating, but is how I feel sometimes. Right now I have 5 living with me. I'll be able to find some pictures when I get done this report for work.

Mon May 01, 2017 6:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next