Paranoia or Paranormal: Update*

Share your stories and experiences you have had with the paranormal and the metaphysical.
Catamite
Patron Deities: That’s a Secret
Your favourite Demon?: Dunno yet

So as many of you know me and Kitsune love to have Skype calls (simply because we talk up storms dealing with magick, workings, entities, and such.) and recently Kit has helped me with a really recent issue I made a post about this entity that has been watching me and following me just really making it presence known and such in a very unwanted manner. As I was discussing with her about it and describing the entity she presented me the idea that it was a manifestation of my shadow self. Now the shadow in psychology is a manifestation of a part of us in which we fear or reject. According to this theory I seemed to have manifested a part of myself in which I fear or reject and have come to realization this may very well be true.

As we discussed more about it kit eventually helped me realize that I had manifested my fear of my apathetic tendencies which make me feel as tho I am a sociopath. Or as tho I have broken emotions or I am abnormal. This fear that I was at heart a sociopath who merely understood emotion but could never truly feel them was something I had indeed feared and have now come to see that this entity may a well be a manifestation... (thanks for helping me through that btw @Kit.)

Coming to more personal research and contemplation of this I seemed to have come up with the theory that this entity follows in the sense that they wish to remind me that like a shadow he will always be apart of me... and the fear is provided from myself as the fear of becoming this entity of no emotion and no reason to really do anything. Kit has recommended shadow work but I'm not entirely sure as to what that is so if any of you know something that may help please put in some input I'd love to use any methods to find some form of peace within myself.
Fe Yo We. "Make Them See."
Heretique
Patron Deities: Set, Kali ma, guided heavily by Svengali and Lucifer
Your favourite Demon?: Svengali, Lucifer, Paimon, Azazel, Lucifuge Rofocale, Eurynomous, Namaah, Belial, Lord O
Number of Demon Familiars: 6

From my experience and what I understand of shadow work is that is about accepting the parts of yourself that you have rejected- like Kitsune said. Sometimes that shadow is made apparent in the outside/external world around you as well- for example if you deny your anger you can become surrounded by angry people. This in its own way helps us recognize what needs to be worked on within ourselves- like the macrocosm and microcosm. The key with shadow work is to accept and learn to work with the shadow as a part of you. If you deny it's existence, then it becomes more apparent and obtrusive. Even when you deal with a part of the shadow it will never go away as it is part of you.

It has been said that the shadow attempts to bring us back to divine consciousness by showing us what we deny and attempts to re-unite us with the aspects of the divine that we judge. It can be seen as a the opposite to the ego- if you believe in such things. In some circles of kemetic thought the shadow or khabit is with you when you are born and goes with you through life as one of the five parts of the soul. S.Connolly mentions in one of her books (I can't quite remember which one either the Keys of Ocat of the Complete Book of Demonolatry) briefly about what the shadow is and provides a ritual associated with it.

In my practice I find connecting with shadow during meditation, giving the shadow a form and dialoging with it, asking what you need to do to be at peace or form an alliance with it, is very helpful. Imagine journeying to the underworld with it and feeling its emotions as well. However this may get messy, it is the parts you deny after all. I hope this helps you some

Return to “Paranormal Experiences, Supernatural Events, and Metaphysical Phenomenon”