Closure on a nightmare

Share your stories and experiences you have had with the paranormal and the metaphysical.
1(13)666(13)1
SINNER OF THE FORUM
Number of Demon Familiars: 8

Hello everyone,

I am trying to find some closure to a nightmare I had a few years back and was hoping I could get some insight from the S&s family. Ill recall the dream and perhaps you can put down some thoughts and maybe chime in if they sound familiar?

The dream started in a small compound with a one two story house and a lake right next to the front door.The lake had a bank that went to the walkway entrance of the house. There was a some small creature in the lake that was trying to get out. In order to keep it from getting out I sat at the top of the bank and shot it when it attempted to leave,so it would return to the lake.Well after a little while of this I went in the house and let someone else take over for me. When I got in the house there were people talking,laughing,eating and having a good time.After entering the house and looking around. I looked back at the screen door to the house which looked out on to the entrance sidewalk and the top of the bank. However all I saw was a deep fog and heard the shrieks of the men that were out there. When I looked back at the people in the house,they were staring at me with this unmoving and emotionless masks and said nothing. Than I could here thing from the water coming to the door so I ran up the stairs to the second floor.When I got up there the people up there were asking what happened.Than the people from downstairs were screaming and everyone on the second floor got silent and I told them to hide.I went for the open window that lead outside and when I got to it the thing from the water burst through the stairway doorway and started to rip people to shred's. When it started doing this I jumped out the window and caught a ledge underneath it and held my self there. That's when the screaming stopped and it jumped into the window frame and peered outside and sniffed the cold night air. Than it jumped onto the lawn behind the house and went around it. I than dropped to the ground and followed it. I came to the entrance to the compound which was right next to the lake. It was a black gate door and apperently my famliy was coming to visit...they didn't make when the thing from the water came by. So I walked over their crushed car and the crushed gate and looked at what was outside the compound. It was what looked liked a city.The buildings were ablaze and some were crumbling. Screams filled the air as there were now many of the things from the water,they were the size of a gorilla on all fours,with huge teeth and claws.They were covered in a dark black with a red inner glow,but they seemed to have had no eyes. They were ripping people apart,jumping on the backs as they ran and tore into them with teeth and claws,no one was spared not even the wee ones. After taking the images in the first one form the lake spotted me and chased me into fallen over building. I tried jumping to the building it had fallen onto but didn't make it and ended up on my back on the street floor. Luckily the thing from the water did make it and I was able to get away.So I doubled back to the front of the compound to find that the rest of the "animals" had finished killing everyone and now they just stared at me. That's when the one from the lake appeared behind me and began to chase me again,than the rest followed. I ran along the front of the compound to the other end than passed it and ran to a water front. I than turned left between some buildings and the waterfront. I ran for a little bit longer before the original one from the lake jumped on my back. But it didn't tear into me,it waited for me to turn over to look at it than it roared in my face.Than I woke up sweating.Also right before it roared I noticed it did have eyes they were a deep black that looked somewhat purple. That was one of the four nightmares I ever had.

I know my writing kind of sucks but thank you for listening im really having troulbe with understanding it,any insight would be greatly appreciated.
BravoOmega8

Bumping for you.
guesswho
Number of Demon Familiars: 11

The monsters sound kind of like the one from the Korean horror movie The Host. :scareddevil: That thing was indiscriminate, too.

But I find it interesting that you were initially keeping the thing at bay, in the water. That turns it into a more personal dream rather than just a nightmare. While you were on the lookout, on guard, the things stayed in the water. The minute you turned your back to join the rest of the people - to have some fun, enjoy yourself, actually have a break - all hell broke loose.

Is it possible that these things are representative of something about yourself that you think has to be kept suppressed and under-control or it will cause harm, not just to yourself but to everyone else in the entire world - wow Christian, that is a major energy block to be carrying around. If you let down your guard for even one instant the entire world is going to pay for it! Wow, that is big. :hug:

This is a deeply personal dream, now that I've started getting a read on it. I don't know your life or your past. I can't really tell you how to deal with it. Well, okay, I can. But it might not be that easy. It might be something that you have to work on. And you also have to be at the place where you are ready to work on it and really face it.

Because to me, what you probably need to do for closure, is to take another good hard look at the monster - and what it represents. And while I might not think what it represents is as horrible as your subconscious made it out to be, you may still see it that way. To you it may be the most unforgiveable thing a person could ever have/be. You might not be ready to face it, yet. :hug:
This is why the Mantis Shrimp is my new favorite animal,
because in the presence of such extraordinary light and beauty it embraces

DARKNESS,
It extols DEATH with the luminescent brilliance of a
DYING STAR

. . . The Mantis Shrimp is the harbinger of blood-soaked rainbows

- The Oatmeal
1(13)666(13)1
SINNER OF THE FORUM
Number of Demon Familiars: 8

Thank you for the bump BravoOmega8.

Hmmm I haven't seen it, ill have to look it up.

I couldn't see it like that at first. After reading your response(multiple times I might add), I have started to realize how personal it is,rather than just a nightmare.

At first I would have said no...than I thought about it more and more,now I would have to say yes, there's a very real chance it could be. :frowndevil: yeeeaahh that's definitely true. Yeah, I hope that is not the case, I am pretty sure I know what it is as well. :devil:P thank you.

Thank you for helping me realize that as well, I would have continued to just see it as a nightmare. :) understood, I have an idea of how to deal with it but I agree it might not be that easy. I will work on it feverishly as well :devilread: ,Well I may not be entirely there yet,but ill start taking steps toward it.

:frowndevil: Ok I will take another look,for what it represents. I do hope its not :scareddevil: , hopefully it will turn into what it really is. I don't think I am yet but im making progress,slowly.Thank you geusswho :hug: your awsome :devilthumbs:
guesswho
Number of Demon Familiars: 11

:hug: You are welcome, Christian. Dreams that stick with us, not necessarily recurring, but ones that we remember usually have a message for us that is deeply personal, even though it may not seem like it or even make much sense.

Even if you are not quite ready to deal with whatever your dream is about, this has helped to lay the ground work, a foundation, for when you are. Just because you have the information doesn't mean you have to use it right away. It is entirely possible for the solution to fall into your lap in the future, you remember this, get your closure and move on. :devilgrin:

Until then, I wouldn't stress or obsess over what the monster is if you don't know right away. That will come in time and stressing will only prolong the process. :hug:
This is why the Mantis Shrimp is my new favorite animal,
because in the presence of such extraordinary light and beauty it embraces

DARKNESS,
It extols DEATH with the luminescent brilliance of a
DYING STAR

. . . The Mantis Shrimp is the harbinger of blood-soaked rainbows

- The Oatmeal
Kore Serpens
Patron Deities: Satan, Lilith, Sonnelion, Azazel, Kali ma, Belial
Your favourite Demon?: Hellborn, Archane, Mutilation, Chaos, Noble, Devotion, Imps

Thanks to both of you for your posts.

I have my own recurring bad dream (used to be a nightmare but has slowly reduced to a bad dream) and I've struggled with both the understanding and the healing of it. Your words, below, hit home hard and brought a sense of public forgiveness to me in some way ....

This: "Because to me, what you probably need to do for closure, is to take another good hard look at the monster - and what it represents. And while I might not think what it represents is as horrible as your subconscious made it out to be, you may still see it that way. To you it may be the most unforgiveable thing a person could ever have/be. You might not be ready to face it, yet...."

I hope you find your monsters, Christian, and either slay them or befriend them. I seem to have a deep seated need to befriend mine and take them home with me.

Dez :devilwave:
"Good morning. ( level stare) I see the assassins have failed….”

”In the end it doesn't matter who or what you are - only that you've been embraced by all that you've become ... "

Return to “Paranormal Experiences, Supernatural Events, and Metaphysical Phenomenon”