Aromatherapy - essential oils and their uses

Discussions of Energy Work and Alternate Health Practises. ***Not a Substitute for Medical Advice or Medicine!
Nefer
Your favourite Demon?: I have a few
Number of Demon Familiars: 4

Aromatherapy - The act of inhaling essential oils to obtain a desired enhanced psychological and or phsyical effect, via various methods.

Types of Aromotherapy include :
Inhalation – Add 1-2 drops of essential oil to the palms of your hands. Rub your hands together and inhale deeply.
Diffusion – any method or device that disperses small molecules of essential oil into the air. This is the most common way essential oils are used. The most widly used being the oil diffuser. Add 3-5 drops of essential oil per 100 ML of water.
Bath – Use a ratio of 5-10 drops of essential oil to ½-1 cup of the salt, milk or sesame oil. The salts, milk and sesame oil causes the oils to disperse and mix into the water instead of just floating on top.
Facial Steam – add 1-5 drops of essential oil to a hot pot or bowel of water. ( the hotter the better ) Drape the towel over your head forming a tent over the pot. This allows the steam to raise up into your face.
Massage – Use the ratio is 6-60 drops of essential oil to 1 ounce of carrier oil. I use extra virgin olive oil that has been cold pressed as my carrier ( base ) oil. Essential oils must be diluted with a carrier oil to create oils safe for a massage. Some oils are too strong for the skin.

Below is a small list of uses and the corrosponding essential oils
Psychological:
To Relieve Anger - Chamomile, Jasmine, Patchouli, Rose, Ylang-ylang.
To Relieve Anxiety - Bergamot, Cedarwood, Cypress, Frankincense, Hyssop, Lavender, Marjoram, Myrrh, Neroli, Orange, Peach, Rose, Rose Geranium, Violet Leaf.
To Relieve Depression - Bergamot, Clary Sage, Grapefruit, Jasmine, Lavender, Lemon, Lemon Balm, Lemon Verbena, Neroli, Orange, Petitgrain, Rose Geranium, Sandalwood, Tangerine, Ylang-ylang.
To Relieve Sorrow - Clary Sage, Cypress, Fir, Marjoram, Rosemary, Sage.
To Relieve Irritability - Chamomile, Neroli, Rose, and Rose Geranium.

Phsyical:
Antiseptic - Basil, Bergmat, Cedarwood, Cinnamon , Cypress, Frankincense, Ginger, Lemon, Marjoram, Patchouli, Peppermint, Rosemary, Spearment, Tea Tree, Tyme. Ylang Ylang
AntiInflammatory - Basil, Chamomile, Fennel, Juniper, Lavender, Patchouli, Rose, Rosemary, Tea Tree
Aphrodisiac - Cinnamon, Clary Sage, Jasmine, Patchouli, Rose, Sandlewood, Vetiver, Ylang Ylang
Decongestant - Chamomile, Clary Sage, Eucalyptus, Geranium, Grapefruit, Lavender, Marjorum, Patchouli, Peppermint, Rosemary
Diuretic - Cedarwood, Chamomile, Cypress, Eucalyptus, Fennel, Lavender, Patchouli, Pine, Thyme
Immune System Stimulant - Cypress, Frankincense, Patchouli, Spruce, Tea tree
Sedative (promote sleep) - Bergmat, Clary sage, Chamomile, Frankincense, Lavander, Marjoram, Patchouli, Rose, Sandalwood, Vetiver, Ylang Ylang
Stimulant - Basil, Cinnamon, Ginger, Juniper, Peppermint, Spearmint, Tea Tree

I hope this list is helpful. Most of this I Knew before typing this up but I did look up a chart to add more essential oils to the list. There are also more uses on this chart
http://thearomablog.com/benefits-of-essential-oils/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you have anything you would like to add please feel free. :devilgrin:
The power of the universe lies within. "Those who don't believe in magic will never find it" ~Roald Dahl
user1876
Patron Deities: Azazel Rosier
Your favourite Demon?: Azazel Satan Prince Mo Prince V Lucifer Mammon Belial Rosier Babael Paimon
Number of Demon Familiars: 26

Nefer wrote:Aromatherapy - The act of inhaling essential oils to obtain a desired enhanced psychological and or phsyical effect, via various methods.

Types of Aromotherapy include :
Inhalation – Add 1-2 drops of essential oil to the palms of your hands. Rub your hands together and inhale deeply.
Diffusion – any method or device that disperses small molecules of essential oil into the air. This is the most common way essential oils are used. The most widly used being the oil diffuser. Add 3-5 drops of essential oil per 100 ML of water.
Bath – Use a ratio of 5-10 drops of essential oil to ½-1 cup of the salt, milk or sesame oil. The salts, milk and sesame oil causes the oils to disperse and mix into the water instead of just floating on top.
Facial Steam – add 1-5 drops of essential oil to a hot pot or bowel of water. ( the hotter the better ) Drape the towel over your head forming a tent over the pot. This allows the steam to raise up into your face.
Massage – Use the ratio is 6-60 drops of essential oil to 1 ounce of carrier oil. I use extra virgin olive oil that has been cold pressed as my carrier ( base ) oil. Essential oils must be diluted with a carrier oil to create oils safe for a massage. Some oils are too strong for the skin.

Below is a small list of uses and the corrosponding essential oils
Psychological:
To Relieve Anger - Chamomile, Jasmine, Patchouli, Rose, Ylang-ylang.
To Relieve Anxiety - Bergamot, Cedarwood, Cypress, Frankincense, Hyssop, Lavender, Marjoram, Myrrh, Neroli, Orange, Peach, Rose, Rose Geranium, Violet Leaf.
To Relieve Depression - Bergamot, Clary Sage, Grapefruit, Jasmine, Lavender, Lemon, Lemon Balm, Lemon Verbena, Neroli, Orange, Petitgrain, Rose Geranium, Sandalwood, Tangerine, Ylang-ylang.
To Relieve Sorrow - Clary Sage, Cypress, Fir, Marjoram, Rosemary, Sage.
To Relieve Irritability - Chamomile, Neroli, Rose, and Rose Geranium.

Phsyical:
Antiseptic - Basil, Bergmat, Cedarwood, Cinnamon , Cypress, Frankincense, Ginger, Lemon, Marjoram, Patchouli, Peppermint, Rosemary, Spearment, Tea Tree, Tyme. Ylang Ylang
AntiInflammatory - Basil, Chamomile, Fennel, Juniper, Lavender, Patchouli, Rose, Rosemary, Tea Tree
Aphrodisiac - Cinnamon, Clary Sage, Jasmine, Patchouli, Rose, Sandlewood, Vetiver, Ylang Ylang
Decongestant - Chamomile, Clary Sage, Eucalyptus, Geranium, Grapefruit, Lavender, Marjorum, Patchouli, Peppermint, Rosemary
Diuretic - Cedarwood, Chamomile, Cypress, Eucalyptus, Fennel, Lavender, Patchouli, Pine, Thyme
Immune System Stimulant - Cypress, Frankincense, Patchouli, Spruce, Tea tree
Sedative (promote sleep) - Bergmat, Clary sage, Chamomile, Frankincense, Lavander, Marjoram, Patchouli, Rose, Sandalwood, Vetiver, Ylang Ylang
Stimulant - Basil, Cinnamon, Ginger, Juniper, Peppermint, Spearmint, Tea Tree

I hope this list is helpful. Most of this I Knew before typing this up but I did look up a chart to add more essential oils to the list. There are also more uses on this chart
http://thearomablog.com/benefits-of-essential-oils/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you have anything you would like to add please feel free. :devilgrin:
' Thanks for Sharing . I Use Chamomile and Rose for My Anger problems when that Happens from time to time it Works Really Well for me using Theses Different Oils helps to Relax Me Fast Now as For Anxiety Lavender Myrrh Orange 'They Relieve Me of Some headaches as Well for me not Just Anxiety it Goes alone Way having The Right Oil on Hand when your having a Bad Day ' I Try Not to Run Out of Any of My Essential Oils [ Spearmint is another One that Relaxes Your Body Really Well also added Some With Bath Salts to your Water You Will feel like New Money

After a Hot Bath Lavender is another One if you add in your Bath Water also leaves You With that Sedative Feeling because it relaxes your Body ' I Love it thanks again for Sharing this Information :whip:
I Have Won Sinner Of The Month Five Times Now ' My Grandmother Always Said either Stand For Something are You Will Fall for Anything ' I am not Just Walking My path . I am Living it !
Shifa
Patron Deities: Ceiling Cat
Your favourite Demon?: Basement Cat

There's no such thing as peach essential oil.
You can get peach kernel oil, which is a carrier oil, and has little to no scent.
You can also get peach leaf absolute, somewhat like petitgrain from the bitter orange, it will have a fruity scent. It's pricey and not as common as petitgrain though. I've never gotten my hands on it to try myself.
But there is no oil straight from the fruit itself, only citrus fruits produce oils.

Also, don't use essential oils undiluted!
Many oils can burn (spices) or cause sun sensitivity (citrus). Do your research before trying anything.
Fall into the depths of nothingness beyond the dark
Nefer

Lokakisa wrote:There's no such thing as peach essential oil.
You can get peach kernel oil, which is a carrier oil, and has little to no scent.
You can also get peach leaf absolute, somewhat like petitgrain from the bitter orange, it will have a fruity scent. It's pricey and not as common as petitgrain though. I've never gotten my hands on it to try myself.
But there is no oil straight from the fruit itself, only citrus fruits produce oils.

Also, don't use essential oils undiluted!
Many oils can burn (spices) or cause sun sensitivity (citrus). Do your research before trying anything.
I thought that sounded odd. I personally have not used it, nor have I ever seen peach oil. Also I tend to use a couple undiluted when I am in a rush and have not prepared my normal mixture batch. Some you definitely should not, but Jasmine and Juniper seem to be fine for direct skin contact, despite the warnings. It's only 2-4 drops.
The power of the universe lies within. "Those who don't believe in magic will never find it" ~Roald Dahl
DoubleD
Patron Deities: Aranunna, Marduk, Anubis, Horus
Your favourite Demon?: Still Learning This
Number of Demon Familiars: 0

@ Lok, well said. Essential oils should be treated the same as hot chilis you are dicing up for food. both can burn you in very delicate places if you are not careful.

Great share @Nef, I haven't worked with most of these actually, I tend to be a creature of habit and stick with what is in my arsenal but you have given me a gentle reminder to expand my horizons.

:)
Shifa
Patron Deities: Ceiling Cat
Your favourite Demon?: Basement Cat

Yeah, I sort of posted in a rush. There are a few that can be used straight from the bottle, like lavender and tea tree. I've also used patchouli without issue. And resin oils. Hell if I thought about it I've probably touched almost everything in my collection somehow or another, because things drip and spill or won't come out of the bottle (and you have to dig that plastic thing out of the top) or I get curious how it smells on me ... But I know what I have, I take precautions.
It's always good to caution beginners to dilute everything for safety, and read, read, read.
Ideally a dilution goes further and spreads easier lol! But eventually you learn what you can dab safely when you need it.
The safest to have around is lavender. It's very useful.
I would dissuade people from using cinnamon.
And be careful going out in the sun if you just rubbed on citrus oils.
Fall into the depths of nothingness beyond the dark
Nefer

velle wrote:: Thanks for Sharing . I Use Chamomile and Rose for My Anger problems when that Happens from time to time it Works Really Well for me using Theses Different Oils helps to Relax Me Fast Now as For Anxiety Lavender Myrrh Orange 'They Relieve Me of Some headaches as Well for me not Just Anxiety it Goes alone Way having The Right Oil on Hand when your having a Bad Day ' I Try Not to Run Out of Any of My Essential Oils [ Spearmint is another One that Relaxes Your Body Really Well also added Some With Bath Salts to your Water You Will feel like New Money

After a Hot Bath Lavender is another One if you add in your Bath Water also leaves You With that Sedative Feeling because it relaxes your Body ' I Love it thanks again for Sharing this Information :whip:
you are quite welcome Velle :)

DoubleD wrote:@ Lok, well said. Essential oils should be treated the same as hot chilis you are dicing up for food. both can burn you in very delicate places if you are not careful.

Great share @Nef, I haven't worked with most of these actually, I tend to be a creature of habit and stick with what is in my arsenal but you have given me a gentle reminder to expand my horizons.

:)
You are welcome. Yes it is always good to expand horizons. Knowledge is power :devilgrin:
Eilana
Lady of Monsters
Your favourite Demon?: Ombre, Mammon, Swallowtail, Sizzle, Elegy
Number of Demon Familiars: 69

thank you, I love this and love seeing what my favorite scents actually do :lol:
:death: :death: :death:

~ Burn the ships to take the island. ~

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
user1876
Patron Deities: Azazel Rosier
Your favourite Demon?: Azazel Satan Prince Mo Prince V Lucifer Mammon Belial Rosier Babael Paimon
Number of Demon Familiars: 26

Eilana wrote:thank you, I love this and love seeing what my favorite scents actually do :lol:
' What are your Favorite Scents Eliana ' I do Well with more relaxing Oils then other ones but that's Good for me Other people do Well with Oils that Heal it depends on ' The person mostly :cloud:
I Have Won Sinner Of The Month Five Times Now ' My Grandmother Always Said either Stand For Something are You Will Fall for Anything ' I am not Just Walking My path . I am Living it !
DoubleD
Patron Deities: Aranunna, Marduk, Anubis, Horus
Your favourite Demon?: Still Learning This
Number of Demon Familiars: 0

What are yours Velle? Mine is amber, but I think that is because that is my Patrons scent and I have fond memories of times I have worn it. I also love lemongrass and verbena.

Return to “Energy Work and Alternative Health Practises”