People of today versus ancient times

The place to post about ancient, lost, and forgotten cultures, archaeology and the old world.
PhoenixRising
Patron Deities: N/A
Your favourite Demon?: DC K
Number of Demon Familiars: 4

:possessed: oh myyyyyyyyyyy !!!
Like the phoenix that rises from the ashes I am eternal !!!
Inanna
Patron Deities: Lilith, Hekate
Your favourite Demon?: Lucifer, Azazel

DoubleD wrote:which blend did you get?
It's called Four Nightshades Ointment, hope it hasn't sold out yet.
Thou shalt know that all battles can be won through silence.
DoubleD
Patron Deities: Aranunna, Marduk, Anubis, Horus
Your favourite Demon?: Still Learning This
Number of Demon Familiars: 0

four nightshades isn't on the site but there is a belladonna one?
Inanna

DoubleD wrote:four nightshades isn't on the site but there is a belladonna one?
Aw, then it sold out. She very seldom offers the four nightshades one.
DoubleD

Coffee Queen wrote:
I will be sure to check back often, so you have this one? Would you share more experiences with it? I am curious about all sorts of these things, I find them fascinating.
Inanna

DoubleD wrote:
Coffee Queen wrote:
I will be sure to check back often, so you have this one? Would you share more experiences with it? I am curious about all sorts of these things, I find them fascinating.
It hasn't arrived yet, when it does I will let you know how it works out!
DoubleD

Great, thanks CQ
User54634
Patron Deities: Yui, Inari, Ri, Drakinaka, Yakumi, Rei MouMou, Lilith
Your favourite Demon?: RIMMA, DAMICA, LAILA, FELIKINA

Did the entire human populace, regardless of religion, used to posses a spiritual sensitivity back in the day that we no longer have? I mean, where did all the myths and legends and folklore come from?
All of us have. We always connected but the human nature is to go against nature that prevent and cause us to ignore our connection with spirit.
Did we suddenly lose it when "science and enlightenment" came along?
We dint lose, we just too ignorant. Too much focus and thinking what to do in our life and forgot our immortality. That why human many afraid of death, losing power, wanna be immortal, wanna be rich, want to have this want to have that but our higher self doesn't need all this at all.
Can magick and science exist together? Isn't metaphysics sort of an extension of physics?
Yes from astral to physical. Our mind gets the idea from astral side and then our physical invent the device or use the idea. Human brain doesn't think all info and everybody know human body is just an empty shell. The brain is motor, heart is engine, stomach is fuel.
Did the gods and entities used to roam this realm but gradually leave because of humans' changing attitudes, and now it's harder for us to connect?
They do roam but not all leave. Human were created to go against nature. That's how destructive human are where many ancient civilization falls and rebuild again. Because spirit is nature and nature is spirit. Example, animals is consider nature. When there is fire animals will follow its nature = RUN, while human can choose to run, stay or fight. Now you know human dare to go against god. Spirit is our higher self and they need human nature to prevent themselves from keep on following their instinct so they can evolve or grow. We human is actually a piece of energy from our higher self. We can merge back anytime once we realize our higher self and spirit is guiding us.
Or is there some kind of mass cult delusion that some people fall into for whatever reason?
Yes a mass of dreamers but then religion/cult isn't all wrong tho. Its the people who never understand then guide pass down to another people and goes on. The true purpose the guide is to seek our own path not copy the way of doing. Copy cat only know how to copy but never b able to depend doing on their own. One must be smart, creative don't follow blindly. If the info is useful keep it live with it, if is not then move on next please.
Is there really a subset of people who can see ghosts and goblins and the rest of us can't?
Yes
Am I just not cut out for this? (Or am I just confused about the different styles ...)
Everybody walks their own path.

Return to “Ancient Cultures, History, and the Evolution of Religion and Spirituality”