Indoctrination is Real

Share jokes, positive and heart-warming stories here!
Pwnie

So funny story time everyone gather round.

Anyways; was at Barnes and Nobles looking at books and about to record when I see a lady. She had a copy of the Satanic Bible in her hand and I told her its a metal book as a joke.

Boy; this lady turned out to be fucking nuts.

Turns out; hardcore blind faith christian (the one that has severe blind faith)

Anyways; she literally tries to convert me on the spot.

At first it was funny than it got to a point of; oh fuck she is serious. So I asked her if she ever read the book of enoch and other sources. No she says; LITERALLY only the GODDAMN fucking bible. I than ask here does she even know what Lucifer and Satan mean; because you know, they are bad and blah blah blah to her.

So I literally tell her, you might need to research your own religion ma'am, blind faith is scary.

So so on and fourth, has to leave and tries to get me to go to church with her; nope.

Moral of the story: Blind faith christians are fucking bizarre; no research, no acceptance of other sources, nothing even when trying to be reasonable.

And the whole, "I'll pray for you" bullshit.
Nefer
Your favourite Demon?: I have a few
Number of Demon Familiars: 4

I kindly ask them not to pray for me when they say "I'll pray for you"
The power of the universe lies within. "Those who don't believe in magic will never find it" ~Roald Dahl
PhoenixRising
Patron Deities: N/A
Your favourite Demon?: DC K

I have been through that all my life with Christians. Heck all my family except me consider themselves Saved Christians that are filled with the holy ghost. There first thought to me is Satan is evil and trying to use you to take your soul to hell. SMH it's a hard battle sometimes,but as of late I've been doing my own thing.
Like the phoenix that rises from the ashes I am eternal !!!
User3246
Patron Deities: Papa Legba, Shiva, Odin
Your favourite Demon?: Samael , Lord Uphir, Lord Asmodeus, Lord Satan, Lord Mammon, Lord Azazel
Number of Demon Familiars: 17

Back when I was Wiccan, before I discovered the joys of Satan and the Demonic Realms, I had a coworker flip when my pentacle fell out of my shirt. I wore it, but only under my clothing. It's really no one's business, except mine! Well they insisted on praying for me, and 'laying hands' on me. At that point I flipped, cursed them out, and told them if they touched me again, I would consider it an assault. I was young. :p I should have just walked away. I do consider praying for someone to change their religion, or change their mind as a psychic attack, especially when they pointedly tell you not to. I do not believe in forcing anyone's will concerning their beliefs. I detest emotional blackmail, too. I will always remember my mom on her deathbed, asking me to 'just take Christ back into my life so she could die happy', in front of a room full of people. My memories of the last moments with my mom are sour as a consequence, and I remain deeply disappointed at how little she knew me or respected me as a person. I kind of have some bad feelings for the Christian church for programming her that way, too. I think I would have complained to Barnes and Noble about your hit and run Christian. What she did was not appropriate.
“If you really want to do something, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse.” – Jim Rohn

"The Master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried."

Do not rely on ANYTHING, unexamined. If It does not seem to fit, ask about it. If it ultimately degrades or dishonors or holds you back, it is bad for you, so remove it from your life. If it takes from you and never gives back, it is a leech. Discard it. In magick rely only on your own work: What you have seen and done and used for your own self and in your own way. Only keep what in your own estimation is worth keeping. (Hellcat's Rules Of Satanic Magick)"

Don't get too close. It's Dark inside. It's where my Demons hide!

Hailing Satan isn't a hobby, its a lifestyle. (S@tan)
Nefer
Your favourite Demon?: I have a few

Satan's Hellcat wrote:Back when I was Wiccan, before I discovered the joys of Satan and the Demonic Realms, I had a coworker flip when my pentacle fell out of my shirt. I wore it, but only under my clothing. It's really no one's business, except mine! Well they insisted on praying for me, and 'laying hands' on me. At that point I flipped, cursed them out, and told them if they touched me again, I would consider it an assault. I was young. :p I should have just walked away. I do consider praying for someone to change their religion, or change their mind as a psychic attack, especially when they pointedly tell you not to. I do not believe in forcing anyone's will concerning their beliefs. I detest emotional blackmail, too. I will always remember my mom on her deathbed, asking me to 'just take Christ back into my life so she could die happy', in front of a room full of people. My memories of the last moments with my mom are sour as a consequence, and I remain deeply disappointed at how little she knew me or respected me as a person. I kind of have some bad feelings for the Christian church for programming her that way, too. I think I would have complained to Barnes and Noble about your hit and run Christian. What she did was not appropriate.
Oh wow I am sorry your mother put you through that on her death bed. Trying to guilt you into turning Christian. That's crazy. People must come to terms with one religion is not for everyone. Just because their religion is right for them does not mean it's right for another.
The power of the universe lies within. "Those who don't believe in magic will never find it" ~Roald Dahl
Eilana
Lady of Monsters
Your favourite Demon?: Ombre, Mammon, Swallowtail, Sizzle, Elegy
Number of Demon Familiars: 69

LOL Pwnie, yeah I have been there.

The most recent incident for me, someone walked up to me in a gemstone store at the mall and hands me a mini book with the statement, 'are you a good person?' and I said, 'Pretty sure I am going to fail this one, I work with Satan and Demons so I am usually disqualified right off the bat.' The guy ran away and I opened the book and laughed. Page 1, to be a good person you have to accept the Kingdom of God and Jesus and some other things I forget now ... Yup, I'm out.

I have never had anyone get too violent or forceful with me. I usually laugh at them, smile and just act friendly or make jokes.
:death: :death: :death:

~ Burn the ships to take the island. ~

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
H_Wright

Here's my POV for what it's worth.

I think everybody should hold themselves to higher standards, but especially when your path leads you "away from the crowd". For instance, owning certain breeds of dogs or other "dangerous" animals (large reptiles), external physical modifications (body piercings, tattoos), and even professionals in any field. YOU are always going to be a representative of everybody else who walks your path, so be a pristine representative; one that others would be proud to represent them and their path, lifestyle, profession, whatever. Be the one that shows society they are wrong about you, and most probably wrong about all the others that are prejudged. I like for people to get to know ME before knowing my path. I want them to see the good I do, the sacrifices I make for all animals, especially a misunderstood breed. When the times comes for me to share my spiritual path I want them to wonder if the others are like me, and see that I am a caring, giving, loving, generous person who has a passionate love for the unloved, unwanted, unfavored, etc., and a strong love for myself! TBH, I want it to feel like a kick in the gut when they find out I follow a religion they consider "evil". I want to open up people's minds, not to follow my religious beliefs because I want them to find their own, but to learn to respect people on paths that lead in another direction. Your words will never change somebody's strong beliefs, especially when it comes to something as "evil" as our DLs and our beloved demons, but your actions and the way you deliver yourself may get somebody to be open to you and your own beliefs.
Angelus_David

Pwnie wrote:So funny story time everyone gather round.

Anyways; was at Barnes and Nobles looking at books and about to record when I see a lady. She had a copy of the Satanic Bible in her hand and I told her its a metal book as a joke.

Boy; this lady turned out to be fucking nuts.

Turns out; hardcore blind faith christian (the one that has severe blind faith)

Anyways; she literally tries to convert me on the spot.

At first it was funny than it got to a point of; oh fuck she is serious. So I asked her if she ever read the book of enoch and other sources. No she says; LITERALLY only the GODDAMN fucking bible. I than ask here does she even know what Lucifer and Satan mean; because you know, they are bad and blah blah blah to her.

So I literally tell her, you might need to research your own religion ma'am, blind faith is scary.

So so on and fourth, has to leave and tries to get me to go to church with her; nope.

Moral of the story: Blind faith christians are fucking bizarre; no research, no acceptance of other sources, nothing even when trying to be reasonable.

And the whole, "I'll pray for you" bullshit.
ok so this is actually pretty funny, actually just like 10-15 minutes ago i was calling for my job as a call center employee.. and i called this elderly woman to restart her membership with the California republican party (yes im one of those assbutts) and i start goin through my script right and she cuts me off and says she cant do it (thats ok i get it alot.. especally today..) but then she talks about jesus and how i need to be saved and asked if i was. i smiled and said yea i was becasue i was hoping to stop that conversation in its tracks and im technically not supposed to talk about nything religious at work anyway..
but she KEEPS GOING for like 4 minutes knowing im not with jesus or go to church (somehow) and i just had to hang up she wanted me to pray with her right there

it was annoying but kind of hilarious
Everybody gets high, everybody gets low
Life can be such overdose
Up on the mountain I see down below
It's easy to lose yourself I know in the in between
Oceanos
Patron Deities: Tiamat, Lucifer, Danu

People like this make my blood boil. Im so tired of dealing with people who try to forcibly change me. & its not just regarding religion either, its regarding many areas of my life, and I come across people like this constantly, including in my own family. It gets exhausting to deal with after a while. -_-;
Chrysopaelian
Patron Deities: Eris
Your favourite Demon?: Prince Stolas
Number of Demon Familiars: 0

Satan's Hellcat wrote:I do consider praying for someone to change their religion, or change their mind as a psychic attack, especially when they pointedly tell you not to.

I've never thought about it like that before, but I think you're right. It reminds me of this time that I went to a LGBT Pride fest in my town just to check it out. There ended up being some Christians there coming up to people and asking people if they'd been saved and such. I was approached and told them I was a nonbeliever/atheist (which was the truth). They asked if they could pray for me. Being raised in the Catholic tradition, I thought they were going to go home and pray for me in private. I said yes because I didn't really care what other people were praying in their own homes on their own terms. To my surprise, they started holding out hands towards me, and speaking out loud for Jesus to come into me. It was really creepy! A guy who had turned them down ended up seeing that I was uncomfortable and asked me if I was alright afterwards. I told him yeah, I just really wasn't expecting that. We had a nice little Atheist Solidarity moment there, and struck up a chat.

Satan's Hellcat wrote:I do not believe in forcing anyone's will concerning their beliefs. I detest emotional blackmail, too. I will always remember my mom on her deathbed, asking me to 'just take Christ back into my life so she could die happy', in front of a room full of people. My memories of the last moments with my mom are sour as a consequence, and I remain deeply disappointed at how little she knew me or respected me as a person. I kind of have some bad feelings for the Christian church for programming her that way, too. I think I would have complained to Barnes and Noble about your hit and run Christian. What she did was not appropriate.
SH, it is heartbreaking that this has happened to you. I hope that you have found other people in your life who respect you and your life. I see a lot of similarities here with the situation with my own mom, though mine's still alive. My mom considers me a disappointment because I'm no longer Catholic. If she knew that I was communicating with a demon, she'd shit herself. Thankfully she's not worried about *That* presently, because about 2 years ago I told her I thought LaVey was immature and that his Satanic Bible was something for edgy teenagers and not serious people. (No offense to any LaVeyans. I haven't taken a look at any of his materials recently or done any reevaluation.)

Anyway, your mention of praying for someone's conversion as a psychic attack and mention of a mother pushing religious ideology brought to mind something my mom is currently doing to "save me." There's a prayer to Saint Bernadette that the devotee is supposed to pray every night (unless they're incapacitated) for 12 years. It's supposed to be basically a "Get into heaven free" card, and you get to bring 2 people of your choice with you. I'm one of the people she's trying to shove onto her spiritual bandwagon with this prayer. She's convinced that if she does this nightly for 12 years, something will happen that I'll *have* to become Catholic again. She's already been doing it for several years. In a way, I think this is a way she deals with the situation so that she doesn't feel obligated to preach to me constantly. And it's kind of humorous how she aggressively "politely invites me" to church when she knows I don't want to go XD It's like she expects that any minute, the switch is going to flip and I'll just be a completely different person...

For the longest time I just considered it really sad. Now I consider it also very creepy. It's basically saying "I don't trust you to control your own destiy, so I'm doing it for you." Eww.
S̡̻͎̺͖̟̋̌͗͊̀͆͘͡t̵̥̬̜͍̥̽̅̒́͋̊̍͞o̩̻̪̣͚̘͓̳̰̯̎̍̄̈́̕͘l̷̞͔͓̭̹͖̳̅̅̃̂͐ơ̛̛̱̩͇͍͈̫̖͋͗̅̍̂́͢s̢̡̺̖̯̱̮̼̠̪̾̿͆̄́̅̅̿̀̾ Ŕ͉̫̩̟̪̳̀̑͛̇̓͢͢͠ͅa̵̗̯̭͓̘̞̜̓̓̐̀̑̏̾̾̕͘m͍͈͔̯͌̌̎̒̄́̍͟e̛̮̻͈͕̭̲͛̀̊͂̕͟͞c̴̱͖̰̠̤͉̥̣̲͛̅͗̿̀͊͊̈̐̐͟ v̬͉̞̜̺͚͒̒̓͂̉́͒͑̇͘͟i̭̰̰̥͑̏̏̀͛͟͟͞ả̸͈͇̻̦̱̿̾̾͐͌̌͟ṡ͙̙̝̯͎̩͂̃̒̕͜͢ă͍͔̟͇̞̣̩͈̪̎̆̃̆͟ ơ̴̤̰͎̲̬̙̺̪̋̑͛͡ṉ̵̡̧̖͆̓̊̌̄͜ c̸̛̹͙̗̮̻̾̎̀͌̄͜ȃ̶̡̡̹̬̞͖̼́̉̄͞͠

Return to “Good Feels, Humour, and Positive Stories”