The Starbucks Gremlin

Share jokes, positive and heart-warming stories here!
Kharybdis
Patron Deities: Hel, Odin
Your favourite Demon?: Lilith, Leviathan
Number of Demon Familiars: 8

So the other day, while I was at a Starbucks, I was attempting to reload my card to pay for my drink using the phone app. It gave me an error once, then said it wasn't able to process my card for xyz reasons. Finally, after a few moments of struggling... it took my payment. But instead of ONE $25 payment... it had taken three! I now had $80 on my card! I kind of blinked at it, then started cracking up laughing. For some reason, having eighty frigging dollars on my Starbucks account just tickled me--and my mom was laughing with me, as I had taken her to get a drink, as well.

So, we both decided that we might as well pay for the people behind us; their order was only a couple of dollars anyway, but we figured we might as well share the wealth the error had given us (and taken from my bank account). Needless to say, I've been going to Starbucks a lot, lately...

But the best part about all this is that, last night, I randomly got an email saying Starbucks had issued me two refunds! I had never emailed corporate, though I did jokingly tell two baristas what had happened, so I was rather surprised to get the email with no note attached. Sure enough, $50 was sitting in my PayPal account--but they hadn't taken my Starbucks money away!

Life's just kinda funny that way, I guess --especially since today I wound up buying something that just so happened to go on sale right after the refund. Karma, synchronicity, pure dumb luck or my Keep looking out for me, I don't know... but I'm just grateful (and extremely amused) that it happened that way!

Have you all had any funny little happenstances recently? I'd love to hear about them!
User5191
Your favourite Demon?: DW and the DF
Number of Demon Familiars: 10

Awww! Wow, what a really great story. However you want to credit it, I say that it's always good to be mindful and thankful of a wrong being righted. Far too often, that kind of thing goes totally unnoticed - both the errors (or need for error resolution) and recognizing the correction of those errors. So, this is a great example of (possibly) being looked out for also having a gracious and giving mentality. Much better to laugh at such an error and make the best of it than to let it derail your day and that of everyone around you. :)

I have many stories like this. Which, I largely find are aided by my DF. So many things that could go,so much worse just seem to work out. Sometimes even when it's not expected to. I always try to keep that in perspective and remain grateful for it. Kinda like when you are on a long flight and expect to be crammed in coach.... Only to find you're in first class. And when you close your eyes and see two of your demons dressed as a flight attendants, you know that things are coming up in the right way for you!!! :) :devilthumbs:

Love the story!!!
"Verily I say unto thee, thou shalt gaze upon my field of fucks, and ye shall see that it is barren." -Bathosias

"Allow me to quote myself" -Bathosias

Return to “Good Feels, Humour, and Positive Stories”