My Candle Idea

Magical tools that we use in our workings
User3246
Patron Deities: Papa Legba, Shiva, Odin
Your favourite Demon?: Samael , Lord Uphir, Lord Asmodeus, Lord Satan, Lord Mammon, Lord Azazel
Number of Demon Familiars: 17

I am in the process of creating three permanent altars to Dark Lords in my house. One thing I insist on is candles! I prefer the 7 day jar candles, because my cat cannot knock them over, and they don't drip on my altar cloths. They do require purchasing the long fireplace matches to light them, but overall, they are well worth it. Places charge anywhere from $7.99 and up for these babies, and it gets a bit expensive. So I go to the dollar store and get generic plain white non-scented 8 inch jar candles,
wjc.jpg
wjc.jpg (8.17 KiB) Viewed 3136 times
and I have found satanic stickers and labels on places like zazzle.com to decorate them with. (get the 3 inch ones)
devil thinking.jpg
devil thinking.jpg (4.87 KiB) Viewed 3319 times
rpent.jpg
rpent.jpg (2.9 KiB) Viewed 3319 times
I found a LOT of the stickers for the Demon of the Goetia are very unflattering! Like the ones at http://www.thevodoustore.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (under 7 day candle labels), So I take black paint and make their sigil on one side, and use a reversed pentacle sticker or other small design for the other side. :) Nice, you put some effort into making them, and they are a HELL of a lot cheaper!
“If you really want to do something, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse.” – Jim Rohn

"The Master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried."

Do not rely on ANYTHING, unexamined. If It does not seem to fit, ask about it. If it ultimately degrades or dishonors or holds you back, it is bad for you, so remove it from your life. If it takes from you and never gives back, it is a leech. Discard it. In magick rely only on your own work: What you have seen and done and used for your own self and in your own way. Only keep what in your own estimation is worth keeping. (Hellcat's Rules Of Satanic Magick)"

Don't get too close. It's Dark inside. It's where my Demons hide!

Hailing Satan isn't a hobby, its a lifestyle. (S@tan)
User4964
Number of Demon Familiars: 0

That's a very creative and lovely idea. I'm sure the Dark Lords you're making them for will really enjoy them and the effort you took to craft them. ^u^
Eilana
Lady of Monsters
Your favourite Demon?: Ombre, Mammon, Swallowtail, Sizzle, Elegy
Number of Demon Familiars: 69

I love this idea thank you SH *-* how can the cat not knock them over? I am intrigued LOL are they just too heavy? .... also love the not dripping on the altar cloth as that is a problem I have had <_<
:death: :death: :death:

~ Burn the ships to take the island. ~

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
Kore Serpens
Patron Deities: Satan, Lilith, Sonnelion, Azazel, Kali ma, Belial
Your favourite Demon?: Hellborn, Archane, Mutilation, Chaos, Noble, Devotion, Imps

Cats and Altars ...... my cat left my altar's alone for a very long time. Then one day I decided to set up an aspect for Lilith and my female cat hasn't stopped tearing it apart since. She went for Lilith EVERY-TIME and nothing else.
She used to be sneaky but this last week she went into overdrive and actually climbs into the altar and sits there, or attacks and carries off the roses, gems, offerings, what-have-you.
Just saying .... you must cat-proof your altar and then prepare yourself. lol

I love your candle idea. Would be much neater then the piles of wax and safer re most cats. I confess though to re-using those piles of wax as offerings later on out in my garden-altar and burning at night.
"Good morning. ( level stare) I see the assassins have failed….”

”In the end it doesn't matter who or what you are - only that you've been embraced by all that you've become ... "
Eilana
Lady of Monsters

Cor Serpentis wrote:Cats and Altars ...... my cat left my altar's alone for a very long time. Then one day I decided to set up an aspect for Lilith and my female cat hasn't stopped tearing it apart since. She went for Lilith EVERY-TIME and nothing else.
She used to be sneaky but this last week she went into overdrive and actually climbs into the altar and sits there, or attacks and carries off the roses, gems, offerings, what-have-you.

I love your candle idea. Would be much neater then the piles of wax and safer re most cats. I confess though to re-using those piles of wax as offerings later on out in my garden-altar and burning at night.
I love this idea too *-* omg a garden altar <333

ROFL my answer so far has been to put the altars on high shelves where the cats can't jump to, or keep the altars in rooms the cats don't enter lol though I would like to have altars in every room so these cat-proofing ideas are wonderful :lol:

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
User3246
Your favourite Demon?: Samael , Lord Uphir, Lord Asmodeus, Lord Satan, Lord Mammon, Lord Azazel

Cor Serpentis wrote:Cats and Altars ...... my cat left my altar's alone for a very long time. Then one day I decided to set up an aspect for Lilith and my female cat hasn't stopped tearing it apart since. She went for Lilith EVERY-TIME and nothing else.

Oh my! A Lover of Lilith! How Sweet! Yeah...I lock my little wog out during rituals. He breaks the circle and drives me nuts!

Eilana wrote:I love this idea thank you SH *-* how can the cat not knock them over? I am intrigued LOL are they just too heavy? .... also love the not dripping on the altar cloth as that is a problem I have had <_<
They are too heavy to be easily knocked over, but if you have a little hellcat, it is still okay because they go out when turned on their side. No worries! I HAVE left them burning with no harm before by accident, but I get the long fireplace matches so I can blow them out if I have to leave and relight them later. It is safer and smarter. The stickers are a sheet of 6 for about $5, $1 a candle, and pennies fro some black paint. $2 versus $7.99+ Right now stickers are on sale at Zazzle for 50% off during May.
“If you really want to do something, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse.” – Jim Rohn

Do not rely on ANYTHING, unexamined. If It does not seem to fit, ask about it. If it ultimately degrades or dishonors or holds you back, it is bad for you, so remove it from your life. If it takes from you and never gives back, it is a leech. Discard it. In magick rely only on your own work: What you have seen and done and used for your own self and in your own way. Only keep what in your own estimation is worth keeping. (Hellcat's Rules Of Satanic Magick)"

Eilana
Lady of Monsters

Satan's Hellcat wrote:They are too heavy to be easily knocked over, but if you have a little hellcat, it is still okay because they go out when turned on their side. No worries!
LOL how did you know I had one? :lol:

That is wonderful about the stickers too *-* .... now to find a nearby dollar store with the candles LOL I will look next time I go out. Thanks SH!

Shifa
Patron Deities: Ceiling Cat
Your favourite Demon?: Basement Cat

Satan's Hellcat wrote:I am in the process of creating three permanent altars to Dark Lords in my house. One thing I insist on is candles! I prefer the 7 day jar candles, because my cat cannot knock them over, and they don't drip on my altar cloths. They do require purchasing the long fireplace matches to light them, but overall, they are well worth it. Places charge anywhere from $7.99 and up for these babies, and it gets a bit expensive. So I go to the dollar store and get generic plain white non-scented 8 inch jar candles,
wjc.jpg
and I have found satanic stickers and labels on places like zazzle.com to decorate them with. (get the 3 inch ones)
devil thinking.jpg
rpent.jpg
I found a LOT of the stickers for the Demon of the Goetia are very unflattering! Like the ones at http://www.thevodoustore.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (under 7 day candle labels), So I take black paint and make their sigil on one side, and use a reversed pentacle sticker or other small design for the other side. :) Nice, you put some effort into making them, and they are a HELL of a lot cheaper!
Wow that Marbas label is strange ...

I've never tried a 7 day candle before, it seems like it'd be a bitch to clean out for recycling/reuse once it's done. And they don't get too hot and crack? Votive holders are bad about that, maybe they are too thin.
Fall into the depths of nothingness beyond the dark
User3246

Lokakisa wrote:
Satan's Hellcat wrote:I am in the process of creating three permanent altars to Dark Lords in my house. One thing I insist on is candles! I prefer the 7 day jar candles, because my cat cannot knock them over, and they don't drip on my altar cloths. They do require purchasing the long fireplace matches to light them, but overall, they are well worth it. Places charge anywhere from $7.99 and up for these babies, and it gets a bit expensive. So I go to the dollar store and get generic plain white non-scented 8 inch jar candles,
wjc.jpg
devil thinking.jpg
rpent.jpg
Wow that Marbas label is strange ...

I've never tried a 7 day candle before, it seems like it'd be a bitch to clean out for recycling/reuse once it's done. And they don't get too hot and crack? Votive holders are bad about that, maybe they are too thin.
They are not cleanable or reusable...it would be too much trouble! You can recycle the glass, though. They do get hot, but not enough to cause a fire, and the label doesn't even scorch. Yeah the labels are 'traditional' images from goetic descriptions supposedly, but I think they look insulting! :p I cannot bring myself to use them! :(

User3246

Okay, so my Satanic stickers got here today. Satan's sigil came out LARGE, but it looks okay! Here are the pics:
WIN_20170527_19_24_14_Pro.jpg
WIN_20170527_19_24_14_Pro.jpg (167.57 KiB) Viewed 3228 times
WIN_20170527_19_23_02_Pro.jpg
WIN_20170527_19_23_02_Pro.jpg (164.84 KiB) Viewed 3228 times

Return to “Magickal Tools”