Astral Projection: Tips, Tricks and Methodology

Astral Projection, Lucid Dreaming, OBE's, and other forms of Spiritual Travel discussed here.
user1876
Patron Deities: Azazel Rosier
Your favourite Demon?: Azazel Satan Prince Mo Prince V Lucifer Mammon Belial Rosier Babael Paimon
Number of Demon Familiars: 26

I Have been doing Astral projection with my Companions now for Months its Something that ' Didn't happen for me right away but with Some help from My Demoness being able to Astral project Was Great everything Went Really well , I Went flying Around New Orleans the City that ' I 've Spent most of my life in its Fun being able to View the City from a Birds eye Point of View ' Now Astral Projection is One of My Favorite things to do with My Companions because it helps you to Bond With them on Deep Levels its Something My Companions Enjoy doing so Having Me alone makes it more Fun for All Us for Me what ' I Had to learn Was to Trust My Companions To know They Wouldn't let anything Happen to me because'' again all the Dangers you Read about Astral projection Yes '' I Was Worried They Took Really Good care of Me and , I loved it and Its been Something that We do all The Time now So ' I Would Say when your Ready trust your Companion are Guide you Will be okay :D
I Have Won Sinner Of The Month Five Times Now ' My Grandmother Always Said either Stand For Something are You Will Fall for Anything ' I am not Just Walking My path . I am Living it !
Riael
Patron Deities: None at this time.
Your favourite Demon?: Marbas
Number of Demon Familiars: 0

Eilana wrote:
Riael wrote:
Eilana wrote: I'm really interested to hear more of your experiences and more details on the pain. I see you said that you never tried again, do you think you might?
I have been trying for quite some time now but I haven't had nearly the same results as before. Admittedly I am much more distracted these days with wife, kids and 9-5 job so I believe that has made it more difficult to find time to practice visualization as much as I was before.

In regard to the pain: it began in my calf muscles in my physical body.. I could feel it while out of body. I could 'feel' it but it seemed like a distant pain like it was far away. Almost dulled. As time went on however the pain spread through each muscle in my body. The pain itself was exactly like a 'Charlie horse' or a cramp that occurs in the calf muscle. However in this case it spread to each and every muscle fiber in my body. As a result my muscles were sore for a good 2 days after the experience. I was lifting weights a lot at the time but it was nothing like muscle soreness from working out. As far as I could tell ( I was 100% lucid, as much as in the physical plane ) I could see no other entities around me when I was out of body. After that experience I quit.. and all notions of trying again were discarded until the last year or so. I regret my backsliding all that time ago. I truly do. Now I see astral projection as a life goal... despite any pain, attacks or problems I may run into while trying to reach that goal.
Work and life definitely impacted the time I had to AP. I AP'ed when I was younger, stopped for quite awhile (over 10 years) then got back into it and had to rebuild my skills. It's definitely possible to do. I really do feel you though on the lack of time, believe me LOL
Riael wrote:Eilana; one little gem I've always wanted to try when I become successful at AP... it's hard to describe to please bear with me. The theory is... that with your astral body you can lay in or "become one" with say another person. You can "match" their frequency and enter their body, and in turn experience things as through their eyes and also supposedly read their thoughts and examine their memories. I've only seen it mentioned once by one person on an obscure forum... but let me know if you have any success!
I know exactly what you are talking about. I have done this and I have heard of other people doing it as well. I ended up doing this through some of the work I did with Demons, learning to channel, astral project and other things. It kind of crossed over in my study of energies and shifting to different states of consciousness... It was an intense experience for me. I astral projected into the body of one of my Demons (reverse channeling? :lol:) and saw different realms through his eyes. I researched and spoke to others, it can be done with other people/humans (I'm guessing you want to do this with another human being, not a spirit/entity?). But yes I am very familiar with this. There's different things to consider in either case, whichever you want to do.

Merging with someone like that was one of the most indescribably amazing experiences I ever had in the astral, being completely energetically one with him was euphoric in ways I can't fully explain. I blogged about parts of it and other parts I wrote down but never shared. I must go dig through my notes lol

I have astral projected to locations where other people were waiting for me and we tested things, including whether or not they could feel me touching them, what I could see energetically or what I could see in the physical location. Examples specifically, energetically I have seen energy around people and predicted illness, people were able to feel me touching them and described things or I described things to them, and checking out physical locations and seeing things there (I am still developing seeing physical things now, my skills could be better. I am definitely better at seeing things astrally/energetically in that state, than seeing like I see with my physical eyes).

I so get you on the destructive partner thing. My ex smashed one of my altars when we were still together. They were the first thing I packed up when I decided I was leaving him lol everything else was secondary to me too.

I'm enjoying this topic, thank you Riael for posting it ^^ looking forward to reading and sharing.

That's amazing that I've run into another person that has been able to match frequency and merge like that. I saw mention of it on that obscure forum but even members there seemed to shrug it off and continue their mundane conversation. He was essentially casting pearls before swine.. thank you for validating my belief in it's possibility and now I can put that on my to-do list when I am able to AP and become proficient with it. I almost feel like I have an unnatural block in place for me.. or it could just be that I haven't put enough focus into my meditations/mental mastery training. In any event I'd sure like to join you one day out there. I believe one of my major blocks is smoking marijuana. I have a stressful job and somewhat stressful home life so I cope with a bit of weed every day.. but I feel that it hinders me in my magickal potency, focus, dream recall and ability to project effectively. I've quit so many other things.. and that's one of the next ones on the list.

The other night however, when I attempted to project I was able to view my astral body in the third person and I was able to feel, smell and see much more clearly. It may have been increased sensitivity due to something else; however I hope it is just marked development in my astral senses. I've recently had Lord Uphir's third eye surgeory.. just last week or so and the other night I created a servitor, P, to help with balancing my chakra system and heal my 3rd eye chakra/energy center. I'm hoping for better progress here in the coming months. I'm just glad to be able to speak with others that share the same interests as I do! :) I look forward to reading your posts too and I'd love to hear more if you feel apt to sharing it.

Best regards,

R
Riael

velle wrote:I Have been doing Astral projection with my Companions now for Months its Something that ' Didn't happen for me right away but with Some help from My Demoness being able to Astral project Was Great everything Went Really well , I Went flying Around New Orleans the City that ' I 've Spent most of my life in its Fun being able to View the City from a Birds eye Point of View ' Now Astral Projection is One of My Favorite things to do with My Companions because it helps you to Bond With them on Deep Levels its Something My Companions Enjoy doing so Having Me alone makes it more Fun for All Us for Me what ' I Had to learn Was to Trust My Companions To know They Wouldn't let anything Happen to me because'' again all the Dangers you Read about Astral projection Yes '' I Was Worried They Took Really Good care of Me and , I loved it and Its been Something that We do all The Time now So ' I Would Say when your Ready trust your Companion are Guide you Will be okay :D

I would love to have a DC around to help me with my development in astral projection. As it sits right now I may have to remain content with creating a servitor or two specifically for protection on the astral plane but I hope to work with a DC as soon as possible as I feel they truly help in that field very effectively. My first AP experience.. I didn't realize was AP'ing. I found myself at the old ranch where I grew up, flying and hopping up the branches of this giant, red oak tree that I remember fondly as a child. I always wanted to climb it but it's lowest hanging branches were about 20 ft up and it was about 6 ft in diameter. I remember the flying sensation very clearly and absolutely loved it.
DoubleD
Patron Deities: Aranunna, Marduk, Anubis, Horus
Your favourite Demon?: Still Learning This

Riael wrote:
Eilana wrote:
Riael wrote:
Eilana wrote: I'm really interested to hear more of your experiences and more details on the pain. I see you said that you never tried again, do you think you might?
I have been trying for quite some time now but I haven't had nearly the same results as before. Admittedly I am much more distracted these days with wife, kids and 9-5 job so I believe that has made it more difficult to find time to practice visualization as much as I was before.

In regard to the pain: it began in my calf muscles in my physical body.. I could feel it while out of body. I could 'feel' it but it seemed like a distant pain like it was far away. Almost dulled. As time went on however the pain spread through each muscle in my body. The pain itself was exactly like a 'Charlie horse' or a cramp that occurs in the calf muscle. However in this case it spread to each and every muscle fiber in my body. As a result my muscles were sore for a good 2 days after the experience. I was lifting weights a lot at the time but it was nothing like muscle soreness from working out. As far as I could tell ( I was 100% lucid, as much as in the physical plane ) I could see no other entities around me when I was out of body. After that experience I quit.. and all notions of trying again were discarded until the last year or so. I regret my backsliding all that time ago. I truly do. Now I see astral projection as a life goal... despite any pain, attacks or problems I may run into while trying to reach that goal.
Work and life definitely impacted the time I had to AP. I AP'ed when I was younger, stopped for quite awhile (over 10 years) then got back into it and had to rebuild my skills. It's definitely possible to do. I really do feel you though on the lack of time, believe me LOL
Riael wrote:Eilana; one little gem I've always wanted to try when I become successful at AP... it's hard to describe to please bear with me. The theory is... that with your astral body you can lay in or "become one" with say another person. You can "match" their frequency and enter their body, and in turn experience things as through their eyes and also supposedly read their thoughts and examine their memories. I've only seen it mentioned once by one person on an obscure forum... but let me know if you have any success!
I know exactly what you are talking about. I have done this and I have heard of other people doing it as well. I ended up doing this through some of the work I did with Demons, learning to channel, astral project and other things. It kind of crossed over in my study of energies and shifting to different states of consciousness... It was an intense experience for me. I astral projected into the body of one of my Demons (reverse channeling? :lol:) and saw different realms through his eyes. I researched and spoke to others, it can be done with other people/humans (I'm guessing you want to do this with another human being, not a spirit/entity?). But yes I am very familiar with this. There's different things to consider in either case, whichever you want to do.

Merging with someone like that was one of the most indescribably amazing experiences I ever had in the astral, being completely energetically one with him was euphoric in ways I can't fully explain. I blogged about parts of it and other parts I wrote down but never shared. I must go dig through my notes lol

I have astral projected to locations where other people were waiting for me and we tested things, including whether or not they could feel me touching them, what I could see energetically or what I could see in the physical location. Examples specifically, energetically I have seen energy around people and predicted illness, people were able to feel me touching them and described things or I described things to them, and checking out physical locations and seeing things there (I am still developing seeing physical things now, my skills could be better. I am definitely better at seeing things astrally/energetically in that state, than seeing like I see with my physical eyes).

I so get you on the destructive partner thing. My ex smashed one of my altars when we were still together. They were the first thing I packed up when I decided I was leaving him lol everything else was secondary to me too.

I'm enjoying this topic, thank you Riael for posting it ^^ looking forward to reading and sharing.

That's amazing that I've run into another person that has been able to match frequency and merge like that. I saw mention of it on that obscure forum but even members there seemed to shrug it off and continue their mundane conversation. He was essentially casting pearls before swine.. thank you for validating my belief in it's possibility and now I can put that on my to-do list when I am able to AP and become proficient with it. I almost feel like I have an unnatural block in place for me.. or it could just be that I haven't put enough focus into my meditations/mental mastery training. In any event I'd sure like to join you one day out there. I believe one of my major blocks is smoking marijuana. I have a stressful job and somewhat stressful home life so I cope with a bit of weed every day.. but I feel that it hinders me in my magickal potency, focus, dream recall and ability to project effectively. I've quit so many other things.. and that's one of the next ones on the list.

The other night however, when I attempted to project I was able to view my astral body in the third person and I was able to feel, smell and see much more clearly. It may have been increased sensitivity due to something else; however I hope it is just marked development in my astral senses. I've recently had Lord Uphir's third eye surgeory.. just last week or so and the other night I created a servitor, P, to help with balancing my chakra system and heal my 3rd eye chakra/energy center. I'm hoping for better progress here in the coming months. I'm just glad to be able to speak with others that share the same interests as I do! :) I look forward to reading your posts too and I'd love to hear more if you feel apt to sharing it.

Best regards,

R
R: You are not alone, I have a block too, it is highly physical and something I am working on removing now. I know I put it up subconsciously but no clue why (yet). I am on day four of the AP book, and am stuck at day 4 until I can get those techniques down, which for some reason I can't. Maybe I am trying to hard, maybe I am too busy in the head, who knows. But I am not giving up, I will get it for sure.

Very interested to learn how you overcome your "blocks", I will share the process I use to work to clear mine too, maybe we can learn from each other.
Riael

[/quote]

R: You are not alone, I have a block too, it is highly physical and something I am working on removing now. I know I put it up subconsciously but no clue why (yet). I am on day four of the AP book, and am stuck at day 4 until I can get those techniques down, which for some reason I can't. Maybe I am trying to hard, maybe I am too busy in the head, who knows. But I am not giving up, I will get it for sure.

Very interested to learn how you overcome your "blocks", I will share the process I use to work to clear mine too, maybe we can learn from each other.[/quote]

I'm hoping that Lord Uphir's third eye surgeory helps a lot with those blocks I have there. Also I recently created a servitor to help balance, heal and awaken my energy centers so we'll see how that goes. I created 'P' on Friday evening... well finally got the energy and focus to sit down and manifest him. It took me about 2 weeks to plan him and create his artpiece to symbolize him... and Friday between 9pm - 3am I programmed and manifested him. Saturday morning I felt a strange and spontaneous burst of warm energy in my throat chakra which I have never experienced before. That same day before leaving work I developed a really bad neck pain and by the next morning I felt I couldn't move or even get out of bed... which led to me calling in sick to work for that day. Throughout the day it was extremely painful, then finally the pain spread into my head ( in my 3rd eye region ) before I had to finally just lay down and go to sleep early the pain was so horrendous. Normally I go to sleep around 1-2am. This morning I felt MUCH better, still somewhat of an ache in my neck by the head pain has gone away. I can't be sure if this was as a result of my servitor working on my energy systems or if it was a result of a workout a day or two prior to Friday. I find the fact that it was hard to place whether it was a physical or energetic pain to be interesting. So it may have been my servitor. After some research a pain in that region usually indicates some sort of blockage in that energy center; which makes perfect sense for me in some regards. Also the headache that manifested wasn't one that I'm used to, it was centered the third eye region of my head and the pain was almost non-physical in nature. I'll keep my eye on it in the coming days to see if there are any other developments.

As a plan of action outside of what I mentioned; I'm going to begin performing the Lesser Invoking Ritual of the Pentagram more often in hopes to open myself more to psychic and other subtle energies. I've read that performing the ritual has that affect, while performing the banishing ritual of the pentagram has the opposite effect. Another tool I'll be using is a 'Chakra Bowl', this one specifically is for 3rd eye meditations.
alikat13
Patron Deities: Aries, Hades, Lilith, Aphrodite
Number of Demon Familiars: 1

Riael wrote:There isn't very much information on astral projection on or around the forums and I thought I'd try to start a thread where everyone can give suggestions, tips, tricks and provide their own personal methodologies for successful astral projection. Not everyone is wired the same or views the world the same so not all methods will work for everyone. Also this is a good place to put any observations about your experiences or observations about the methods contained herein.

The most success that I've had in astral projection was approximately ten years ago while living in Bend, OR. At the time I had stumbled across something on the internet outlining astral projection and I got right onto studying it. I began practicing visualization every day for at least 30-45 minutes. Typically in 10-15 minute blocks throughout the day. When I say visualization; I mean visualizing as if I could see and also bringing in other senses as part of the experience. But it's not just that simple. It was very difficult at first but after the first week it became easier and easier.. much like exercising your physical body. For example: I could imagine getting up from my desk at work, getting in my car and going to the grocery store. But I would make an effort to clearly see everything I would normally see on my path out to my car. I would make an effort to FEEL everything that I would feel while on my way to my car such as the air in my face, my hand on the doorhandle opening each door at work, smelling the mildew smell from that weird spot on the carpet in the call center, hearing the roar of the call center around me... walking down the hallway I can hear my footsteps echoing down the hollow corridor. Exiting the building I can smell the fresh, central oregon air. I can feel the cheap plastic doorhandle of the car and hear the *clap* of the door as it closes. I can feel the seatbelt buckle in my hand as I pull my seatbelt over by body and click it into it's locked position and I can feel the pressure of the seatbelt pressing against my chest. I start the car.. hearing clearly the starter turn the motor over and the cyclinder's in the motor fire to life. I let the car idle a moment as I normally do to let oil circulate and it's off to the grocery store...

But the visualization was in the finer details of the journey. Most importantly... the touch.. the smell.. the hearing.. the seeing. I practiced this with dedication for about a week... maybe a week and a half or so before one night as I was laying in bed (without trying mind you ) I simply slipped right out of my body and suddenly I was floating along the top of my ceiling in my room... staring down at myself. I had read accounts of this before but never thought that *I* would be the one to experience it! I could still 'feel' my physical body and yet I was also aware and could 'feel' my astral? etheric? body as well. I began trying to float away and go explore.. but every inch I moved.. I could feel a pain develop in my physical body. As I moved further and further away the pain.. which felt far away... could still be felt in my current state. I kept trying to fight it... but the pain became so bad that I was pulled back into my physical body. I "awoke" in the same instant in my physical body... and I was completely consumed by pain in every muscle of my body. I laid back down... relaxed... and tried again... I popped right back out within a few moments but the pain was just as bad as before... and I was forced to return within about 10 seconds. This was the first... and last time I astral projected.

Now I don't wish to alarm you. I've NEVER seen anyone else describe any sort of pain during any projection experience. The only MENTION of it I've ever read was in Ophiel's "The Art and Practice of Astral Projection" but it quite literally reads, ' .. now among a few select few individuals have reported physical pain when attempting to project. Now if you run into this duly get me your contact information and I will gladly pass it long to Mr. Fox ( whoever that is? ) " . Unfortunately Ophiel died in 1984 so I believe this 'Mr. Fox' will be nigh impossible to find.

Another notable thing during this time was that I was training especially hard every day physically. I would spend about 2-3 hours each day lifting weights and an additional 1-2 hours each day running. I'm not sure if this had any part to play in my quick ( but shortlived ) success or if it is irrelevent.

Best regards,

R
This was an awesome read and I found this entire thread helpful. I also had a difficulty with astral traveling... well in all honesty I never even practiced that much because I didn't know where to start. I thought once we were fully awakened and our chakras were aligned and in balance then we will naturally achieve astral travel. I understand having to practice shielding but that's with everything within the meta world. I'll try to use visualization I can usually visualize for awhile it's focusing that I need help on... haha
"Take a lover who looks at you like maybe you are magic" - Frida Kahlo

"You're mad. Bonkers, Off your head... but I'll tell you a secret all the best people are" Alice In Wonderland

Return to “Astral Projection, Lucid Dreaming, OBE's, and other forms of Spiritual Travel”