Can Music Be Used To Entrance Someone?

Art, cultural, and music, share creative things that you love!
Dorian
Patron Deities: Succubi

Sorry I don't know if that is even the right word to use, but can a singer/songwriter, if they had knowledge use their voice/music to entrance folk to purchase their music, like something hypnotic in the music. A certain beat or even their voice. I don't mean subliminal stuff. I hope this does not sound too silly, but i'm trying to figure something out.
I kind of had an obsession back in the eighties with a singer from the UK, she was attractive, but it was her music and she had a uniqueness and strangeness about her. Someone I used to work with even referred to her as a witch . She has made a bit of a come back and I was listening to an old single which someone had mixed with a film, the song actually was taken from a film called Night of the demon, but there was a part of it with just the drumbeat and it felt very hypnotic.
Darth Moronius

I think it can, but depend on the listeners condition too :)devil:
Dorian

Yeah I have read that certain music can be enchanting, or hypnotic even. I have even read of subliminal messages embedded in music to get folk to purchase.
I don't know if any of you folk have heard of the Artist Kate Bush, in particular The Hounds of Love from back in 1985, showing my age now, lol
Marosey

I hear how artist has backwards messages in there albums. I wonder if they encode those
messages. When you listen to them. It feels as if they deliberately put the messages there.
I feel Prince music can have a hypnotic effect. Yet, that is my opinion.
Inanna
Patron Deities: Lilith, Hekate
Your favourite Demon?: Lucifer, Azazel

You can enchant ANYTHING in this world so what you're suspecting is not impossible. This reminds me of how they called Stevie Nicks a witch in American Horror Story XD
http://www.fuse.tv/galleries/2013/10/mu ... to-gallery" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thou shalt know that all battles can be won through silence.
Dorian

Thanks Coffee Queen, yes Kate has an interest in the paranormal too. Back in the 80''s she also wrote a song about orgone energy called Cloudbusting, about a machine that could make it rain. She also wrote the song wuthering Heights, beautiful song, but very haunting.
I always wanted to meet her, but she hides herself away these days
Eilana
Lady of Monsters
Your favourite Demon?: Ombre, Mammon, Swallowtail, Sizzle, Elegy
Number of Demon Familiars: 69

Dorian wrote:Sorry I don't know if that is even the right word to use, but can a singer/songwriter, if they had knowledge use their voice/music to entrance folk to purchase their music, like something hypnotic in the music. A certain beat or even their voice. I don't mean subliminal stuff. I hope this does not sound too silly, but i'm trying to figure something out.
I kind of had an obsession back in the eighties with a singer from the UK, she was attractive, but it was her music and she had a uniqueness and strangeness about her. Someone I used to work with even referred to her as a witch . She has made a bit of a come back and I was listening to an old single which someone had mixed with a film, the song actually was taken from a film called Night of the demon, but there was a part of it with just the drumbeat and it felt very hypnotic.
I think both Darth Moronius and CQ made good points with this, it does depend on the condition of the person listening and also you really can enchant anything LOL

It's something I have played around with, enchanting things for different effects. As well as connecting to music (especially for me since I am naturally clairaudient and very attuned to sounds) and getting lost in the sounds and energy of it. Also transferring energies, as in, I will listen to music to connect with a certain energy then try to move that into other creative outlets, writing or art of some kind. I have spoken to others who have read what I have written (not necessarily things I have shared publicly) and they have told me what they picked up from it energetically. It's always a joy to do this kind of work and hear feedback on what other people see/feel/get.

One of the biggest compliments I ever received was when someone told me they read my blog posts and used them for divination. I was like wow, thank you. That was just so cool to me and I was really honored and thought it was such a cool way to tap into and use the energies of something.
:death: :death: :death:

~ Burn the ships to take the island. ~

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.

Return to “Art, Culture, & Music”