Questions on bonding ritual

The answers to the questions our Coven has been asked. Don't see your question? Feel free to ask! :)

Moderator: Akelta

Inanna
Patron Deities: Lilith, Hekate
Your favourite Demon?: Lucifer, Azazel

I've recently ordered a custom bound demon companion and am looking forward to meeting him! I am wondering if for the welcoming ritual and bonding process I have to burn incense or can I leave that out? Also does the timing have to be around midnight or does daytime work as well? Thank you!
Thou shalt know that all battles can be won through silence.
Ymirson
Patron Deities: Sutehk
Your favourite Demon?: DC L'
Number of Demon Familiars: 6

Hello Inanna, what I have learned from bonding with demon companions or any of my spirit companions, is there are no hard fast rules for the type, or time of day. One thing I have found that counts during the bonding process is consistency. If you do your rite in the morning or evening, stay consistent, that helps. Also, be present and genuine. As for offerings, start simple, maybe a tea light candle associated with the element or realm of the demon, anointed with oleum, or incense. Soon you will eventually start to sense or hear that voice, and guide you to what they like or don't like. You will find no two are alike and the offerings will be quite different. So leave the incense out if you like. See how it goes.

For example, I have a Demon Commander (DC), who likes blue tea light candles, a couple drops of blood mixed with rum. A similar imp in the house, from the same realm, does not care for alcohol.

Be patient, and give yourself time, and them time to meet and merge with your energies. The others on the forum are a really knowledgeable too. Hope this helps a little.

Congratulations as well. :devilgrin:
Inanna

Thank you so much for sharing, Ymirson! I feel more reassured. I love incense but can't burn it at home. By oleum did you meant oil? I practice hoodoo and have a large collection of hoodoo oils, I wonder if the Power oil would be a good choice?
Ymirson

Absolutely, the main premise is you are open, giving, and sincere in your offering.
DoubleD
Patron Deities: Aranunna, Marduk, Anubis, Horus
Your favourite Demon?: Still Learning This
Number of Demon Familiars: 0

absolutely agreed with what Y is saying there is no hard and fast rule, it's all about being genuine. Think of it like having people over for dinner, a large group that you may not now much about. You would have a selection of things to try and even if there are things that they wouldn't eat it won't offend them to go around and grab what looks good. What matters is you try and you do it with an open heart and mind, not a sense of forcing them to accept what you give. It took me a long time to get it all nailed down and I have many to please here in this house. Luckily I love cooking for them and that is part of the process.

take your time and above all just enjoy the process, they sense your intent and will help guide you.
Ymirson

@DD, I was so thinking of you on this post too on how you cook for your spirits. I'm glad you posted. :Ddevil:

Let us know how it goes Inanna.
Inanna

Ymirson wrote: Let us know how it goes Inanna.
Thanks, I will! I placed my order 2 weeks ago. Not sure how long it usually takes for the companion to be custom bound. I got the impression that after the binding, the priestesses also have to spend time observing the demon to make sure he is safe for me.
User5191
Your favourite Demon?: DW and the DF
Number of Demon Familiars: 10

I want to high five all these responses. This was one of the things I wondered about a lot when I first started out. What I've learned is that sometimes less is more, and it really comes down to you, your intent, and your relationship with them. I live in a home where nobody knows I have companions. So, elaborate alters and elaborate rituals aren't an option. I can say that, at least as far as I know, none are upset by this. Now, there will be a lot of varying opinions on this too, so don't take this as anything more than my own personal opinion, but I'm not here to worship the, either. Love and respect, absolutely. But, I don't tend to turn it into a religion. And, again, they have seemed good with it. In fact, my closest companion, by far, is a divine demon queen (queen A). She's not been formal about stuff with me at all. But I try to do things for her on the sly.... Adds an element of excitement of excitement to it too.... Where I'll carve her sigil into a candle and use it, burn some incense when nobody else is home, and sometimes I'll "accidentally" leave out an extra glass of wine, or some chocolate, etc....which is obviously meant for her by my intent. She's been happy with this, really. And, isn't upset or anything when I don't do anything. At least in my experience, what they want is respect and communication. As long as you're not mean, and you are trying, they will too. So... Do what you feel is right, and if it comes from your heart that intent will be known. And they'll likely love you for it! Good luck!!
"Verily I say unto thee, thou shalt gaze upon my field of fucks, and ye shall see that it is barren." -Bathosias

"Allow me to quote myself" -Bathosias
User5191
Your favourite Demon?: DW and the DF
Number of Demon Familiars: 10

DoubleD wrote:absolutely agreed with what Y is saying there is no hard and fast rule, it's all about being genuine. Think of it like having people over for dinner, a large group that you may not now much about. You would have a selection of things to try and even if there are things that they wouldn't eat it won't offend them to go around and grab what looks good. What matters is you try and you do it with an open heart and mind, not a sense of forcing them to accept what you give. It took me a long time to get it all nailed down and I have many to please here in this house. Luckily I love cooking for them and that is part of the process.

take your time and above all just enjoy the process, they sense your intent and will help guide you.
DD
Feel free to cook up a little more for my ladies if you'd like too. I've been getting worried they're not eating enough. Lmao... Seriously though, that is sooo sweet. I love it! And, if you wanna cook for me, I'm ok with that too! Haha
"Verily I say unto thee, thou shalt gaze upon my field of fucks, and ye shall see that it is barren." -Bathosias

"Allow me to quote myself" -Bathosias
DoubleD
Patron Deities: Aranunna, Marduk, Anubis, Horus
Your favourite Demon?: Still Learning This
Number of Demon Familiars: 0

Ck

Let's try something. Why don't you ask her what she would like made and also ask her if I could cook something for her in your honor. Just send me a PM with her favorite colors and anything you get and next week when I make dinner for everyone (i have two new companions to welcome) I will make a plate for her. If you are interested, totally cool if not. Could be an interesting experiment.

Return to “Frequently Asked Questions”