Demons of Magick: Three Practical Rituals for Working demons

Have a book that you love, give it a review here and recommend it to others. Knowledge is power and when we share, we all win.
Pwnie

So I came across this today and its a rather interesting take on the Goetia method. Non disrespectful; yet uses psalms, angels, arch angels and names of YHYW.

What do y'all think about it?
badboychun
Patron Deities: Hecate

Thats why I never use them or any form of ritual relates to "commanding" and "threatening".
O lunae lumen
puer tuus fac me sicut renascentur
me duce tenebris sunt
i ita erit renatus
Nefer
Your favourite Demon?: I have a few
Number of Demon Familiars: 4

No pwnie, the goetia is disrespectful. Have you read the whole book? You command them, threatening them with holy names forcing them in the triangle outside of a protected circle. Do you know why they used protected circles? Because the use of the goetia way of summoning is disrespectful and I know if I were a divine being, as they are and a human was speaking to me in such manner, threatening me with holy names and curses of fire I would attack them.
The power of the universe lies within. "Those who don't believe in magic will never find it" ~Roald Dahl
Nefer
Your favourite Demon?: I have a few
Number of Demon Familiars: 4

To fully understand the ways of the Goetia in regards to summoning you must read the whole book. Then you will understand why it is disrespectful. I didn't know at first. It was my first book I acquired walking this path. I was repulsed by the method. I said I absolutely will not, however the book does offer insight into the 72 Goetic entities, what they can help with, their sigil, planet and such. With that information you can respectively summon them.
The power of the universe lies within. "Those who don't believe in magic will never find it" ~Roald Dahl
Eilana
Lady of Monsters
Your favourite Demon?: Ombre, Mammon, Swallowtail, Sizzle, Elegy
Number of Demon Familiars: 69

Pwnie wrote:So I came across this today and its a rather interesting take on the Goetia method. Non disrespectful; yet uses psalms, angels, arch angels and names of YHYW.

What do y'all think about it?
If it uses psalms, angels etc I would not use it. To me this approach feels like the person using it doesn't trust the Demons and they are still looking for a layer of 'protection' or something else between them and the Demons. I personally don't find this to be respectful.
:death: :death: :death:

~ Burn the ships to take the island. ~

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
Pwnie

Thats what I thought; however I have been eyeing the way to make a petition and his form of evocation and all. Its like a modified goetia, and this was why I wanted to hear from y'all to weigh in on this.
Eilana
Lady of Monsters
Your favourite Demon?: Ombre, Mammon, Swallowtail, Sizzle, Elegy
Number of Demon Familiars: 69

Pwnie wrote:Thats what I thought; however I have been eyeing the way to make a petition and his form of evocation and all. Its like a modified goetia, and this was why I wanted to hear from y'all to weigh in on this.
I saw your other post where you removed the angels part and thought that was a much better approach, I have yet to reply but yes, that is a better direction to go in.
:death: :death: :death:

~ Burn the ships to take the island. ~

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.

Return to “Book Reviews and Recommendations”