The History of the Devil

Have a book that you love, give it a review here and recommend it to others. Knowledge is power and when we share, we all win.
User1444
Patron Deities: Satan, Baphomet, Agni, 1 Secret
Your favourite Demon?: Satan, Lucifer, Lilith, Baphomet, Agni, Paimon, Hekate, Santa Muerte, Qayin ben Samael, 1 Secret

I want to recommend the great book. This books actually opened my eyes on religion and the lie I used to live in the past.

I get a huge amount of knowledge from Lord Satan that christianity and Bible is just a massive ripoff from many other older religions and traditions.

This is a book "The History of the Devil and the Idea of Evil" by Paul Carus

It's not actually about the devil... Lol, but how the idea of the adversary and the "bad" Entities was evolving during ages and also about how religions were ripping off from each other.

It's really great book. The author was an atheist however he was spiritual.

I highly recommend this book to everyone! :winkdevil:
User3246
Patron Deities: Papa Legba, Shiva, Odin
Your favourite Demon?: Samael , Lord Uphir, Lord Asmodeus, Lord Satan, Lord Mammon, Lord Azazel
Number of Demon Familiars: 17

Thank you for the tip, Nathaniel! I often read books and make recommendations on my blog. I will add this one to my list, as it sounds like something I would like. :devilthumbs:
“If you really want to do something, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse.” – Jim Rohn

"The Master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried."

Do not rely on ANYTHING, unexamined. If It does not seem to fit, ask about it. If it ultimately degrades or dishonors or holds you back, it is bad for you, so remove it from your life. If it takes from you and never gives back, it is a leech. Discard it. In magick rely only on your own work: What you have seen and done and used for your own self and in your own way. Only keep what in your own estimation is worth keeping. (Hellcat's Rules Of Satanic Magick)"

Don't get too close. It's Dark inside. It's where my Demons hide!

Hailing Satan isn't a hobby, its a lifestyle. (S@tan)
user1876
Patron Deities: Azazel Rosier
Your favourite Demon?: Azazel Satan Prince Mo Prince V Lucifer Mammon Belial Rosier Babael Paimon
Number of Demon Familiars: 26

Thank you for Recommending The Book History of . The Devil and The Ideal of Evil By Paul Carus ' It Sounds like a Book that's Worth Reading . I Learned after Coming Over To The LHP That What ,The bible Teaches People about Satan and Most of The Demons are Lies but it Was Something that ' I Needed To find Out for myself thanks again for Sharing this information on The Book ' I Will look it up :cheekydevil:
I Have Won Sinner Of The Month Five Times Now ' My Grandmother Always Said either Stand For Something are You Will Fall for Anything ' I am not Just Walking My path . I am Living it !
Saber
Your favourite Demon?: Tezrian
Number of Demon Familiars: 3

I have read great reviews of this book! I also have heard good review of Satan the biography. I'm trying to get good used copies of both, so hopefully soon I'll find them. I would love a broader understanding of what Satan is as a concept and how he developed into the concept of Evil. Does it discuss the development of dualistic thinking in culture?
User3246
Patron Deities: Papa Legba, Shiva, Odin
Your favourite Demon?: Samael , Lord Uphir, Lord Asmodeus, Lord Satan, Lord Mammon, Lord Azazel
Number of Demon Familiars: 17

This book is now on sale at Amazon Kindle for 99 cents. I just bought it. :D
“If you really want to do something, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse.” – Jim Rohn

"The Master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried."

Do not rely on ANYTHING, unexamined. If It does not seem to fit, ask about it. If it ultimately degrades or dishonors or holds you back, it is bad for you, so remove it from your life. If it takes from you and never gives back, it is a leech. Discard it. In magick rely only on your own work: What you have seen and done and used for your own self and in your own way. Only keep what in your own estimation is worth keeping. (Hellcat's Rules Of Satanic Magick)"

Don't get too close. It's Dark inside. It's where my Demons hide!

Hailing Satan isn't a hobby, its a lifestyle. (S@tan)
Saber
Your favourite Demon?: Tezrian
Number of Demon Familiars: 3

Bought it on Kindle! Thanks Satan's Hellcat.

Book club anyone?

Return to “Book Reviews and Recommendations”