Drawing Down Belial

Have a book that you love, give it a review here and recommend it to others. Knowledge is power and when we share, we all win.
Shifa
Patron Deities: Ceiling Cat
Your favourite Demon?: Basement Cat

I just purchased Connolly's "The Compete Book of Demonolatry" today. (about time, right?)
I'm eyeballing what else to get, and I was wondering if anyone has any thoughts about the Belial book. I know it's mostly about divination, but I'm curious how helpful it would be for strengthening psychic communication skills in general.
Fall into the depths of nothingness beyond the dark
Inanna
Patron Deities: Lilith, Hekate
Your favourite Demon?: Lucifer, Azazel

I've enjoyed the book, most of her books are for serious students of demonic magick though. For spirit communication I would suggest that you follow the meditation curriculum given in Complete book of demonology. It's the most important practice you can do whether you want to develop spirit communication skills or magickal powers.
Thou shalt know that all battles can be won through silence.
alex6
Your favourite Demon?: Asmodeus,Satan,Paimon,Tahuti,Rosier,Astarte,,My demon companions commander b,incubus s and healer d
Number of Demon Familiars: 3

The book drawing down belial has information no only for divination ,which are really good ones,but also contains instructions for helping with spirits and demons communication skills ,ascension and channeling .Personaly I like the instructions on the preparation of demonic communication devices like the consecration and preparation of ouija board which I liked a lot and to say the truth when I first read that book I haven't thought of many concepts written inside the book .Anyway because of the fact that it does contain some geniusly good tips ,informations and concepts it always is helpful to read new books to broaden your horizons and learn new aspects of belief in the subjects discussed in the book.On the S.conolly's site sjreisner http://sjreisner.com/s-connolly/s-connolly-faq/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; you can find the order that a.connoly suggest on for reading her books.
User3246
Patron Deities: Papa Legba, Shiva, Odin
Your favourite Demon?: Samael , Lord Uphir, Lord Asmodeus, Lord Satan, Lord Mammon, Lord Azazel
Number of Demon Familiars: 17

To be honest, the first few chapters really turned me off. Connolly is a mediocre writer in my opinion, but she writes clearly and thoughtfully, which is what you really want when studying demons. The book got MUCH better after that, and I think it is one of her better books. The Title attracted me because I find myself attracted to Belial a lot. The book is misnamed. It really has nothing to do with Belial at all.
“If you really want to do something, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse.” – Jim Rohn

"The Master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried."

Do not rely on ANYTHING, unexamined. If It does not seem to fit, ask about it. If it ultimately degrades or dishonors or holds you back, it is bad for you, so remove it from your life. If it takes from you and never gives back, it is a leech. Discard it. In magick rely only on your own work: What you have seen and done and used for your own self and in your own way. Only keep what in your own estimation is worth keeping. (Hellcat's Rules Of Satanic Magick)"

Don't get too close. It's Dark inside. It's where my Demons hide!

Hailing Satan isn't a hobby, its a lifestyle. (S@tan)
Shifa
Patron Deities: Ceiling Cat
Your favourite Demon?: Basement Cat

Thanks for all the feedback!
I'm sure the "Complete" book will keep me busy for awhile anyway.
Fall into the depths of nothingness beyond the dark
user1876
Patron Deities: Azazel Rosier
Your favourite Demon?: Azazel Satan Prince Mo Prince V Lucifer Mammon Belial Rosier Babael Paimon
Number of Demon Familiars: 26

I Also have Drawing Down Belial Its a Good Book but ' I Enjoyed The Complete Book Of Daemonolatry a lot More Because It gave me a lot More to Work with but All of S Connolly's Books are Good for Anyone ' That's Looking to learn more about Daemonolatry :devilmagic:
I Have Won Sinner Of The Month Five Times Now ' My Grandmother Always Said either Stand For Something are You Will Fall for Anything ' I am not Just Walking My path . I am Living it !
DoubleD
Patron Deities: Aranunna, Marduk, Anubis, Horus
Your favourite Demon?: Still Learning This
Number of Demon Familiars: 0

I have that book as well, it's solid. I have to disagree with previous comments, she is a great writer and you can see how she has evolved over time. With all the self publishing out there and lack of true editing I appreciate those that get their books edited first.

I had higher hopes for Drawing Down though, I guess I didn't anticipate that it would be a mini-book but that is okay. There is workable information in there.

the complete and the Demonic Magick are both fantastic books...

Return to “Book Reviews and Recommendations”