Deluxe Azoetia- Andrew Chumbley- a Shambles

Have a book that you love, give it a review here and recommend it to others. Knowledge is power and when we share, we all win.
Anatel
Your favourite Demon?: DH, my twin
Number of Demon Familiars: 16

English author and Magister of the Cultis Sabbati, Andrew Chumbley passed away from complications of an asthma attack at the tender age of 37 in 2004. Its no secret in the occult world the man was a magickal genius. His legacy includes such works as The Dragon Book of Essex, Qutub, The Leaper Between and Opuscula Magica as well as a few other titles. His death heralded an almost unprecedented skyrocket in market value of his books, making them nearly impossible for all but the elite to acquire.

A couple of years ago, to the joy of many in the Occult world, Xoanon Publishers, with permission of his wife, embarked on a project to reprint a 3rd edition of the Azoetia, one of the most sought after of the late Chumbley's works. There was a lot of excitement in the community because this was our chance to acquire his work without having to pay blackmarket scalper prices. For a fraction of the normal $2000+ price tag, one could own a deluxe version of this amazing tome- $465 plus shipping. In my country it happened to be around $50.

It was to be leather, hand stitched, hand bound- this man's words forever enshrouded in an opulent binding that would leave tongues wagging.

As a grimoire collector and avid reader myself, I jumped at the chance to get my hands on something Id never be able to again. I ordered one of each. A standard copy i could read, and a deluxe could put away and savour for years to come.

after a nearly two year wait, three weeks ago , i got my copy. You all know how much i love new book day.

Imagine my surprise and disdain to discover the book looked like something someone SHOULD have thrown away. the binding was loose, not attached to the paper, which was bent, misshappen and distorted when you opened it. The cover itself was actually WRINKLED at the spine... As a book collector, instead of being a beautiful investment piece, Im left with a big heaping pile of.... read only copy. I bought the standard to be my read only copy. I didnt need a $500 reading copy...

I decided , "Well, ok things happen, dont they? I'll just email them, show them pictures. Theyve always done well by me in the past, im sure they will take care of this for me." So i emailed them a polite request to look at the photos of what i paid over $500 and waited nearly two years for.

i got nothing.

a few days later, another polite request.

I got nothing.

Here we are two weeks later and several polite requests later....

still nothing. Not a peep.

Suffice it to say this is the WORST customer service I've ever dealt with. I am appalled at their lack of concern. I can only assume its because I live out of the country (they are in California) and the book is heavy therefore they figured I would not bother trying to return it or get what i paid for.

Xoanon, Im disappointed in you. I've purchased from you numerous times , spent a lot of money on your books and this is how you treat your customers. Well done.

Feast your eyes everyone on my $500+ brick.
Attachments
az5.jpg
az4.jpg
az1.jpg
Age is a number and an attitude......and a measurement of how far you can toss your boobs- Akelta
Anatel

and a few more....
Attachments
Az2.jpg
az3.jpg
az6.jpg
Age is a number and an attitude......and a measurement of how far you can toss your boobs- Akelta
ChatHound
Patron Deities: Enki
Your favourite Demon?: Asmodeus

OMG, that sucks the big one in all the wrong ways. :( I hope they have a Facebook page and that someone puts up this book on Amazon to be rated so you can show evidence of their careless nature. They may be bombarded by complaints and thus the no response to emails. How can a company do something so terrible and think they can get away with it? Unbelieveable. But I do hope that the words will still outshine the shoddy work and imbue you with new wisdom and inspiration. :hug:
user1876
Patron Deities: Azazel Rosier
Your favourite Demon?: Azazel Satan Prince Mo Prince V Lucifer Mammon Belial Rosier Babael Paimon
Number of Demon Familiars: 26

Anatel wrote:English author and Magister of the Cultis Sabbati, Andrew Chumbley passed away from complications of an asthma attack at the tender age of 37 in 2004. Its no secret in the occult world the man was a magickal genius. His legacy includes such works as The Dragon Book of Essex, Qutub, The Leaper Between and Opuscula Magica as well as a few other titles. His death heralded an almost unprecedented skyrocket in market value of his books, making them nearly impossible for all but the elite to acquire.

A couple of years ago, to the joy of many in the Occult world, Xoanon Publishers, with permission of his wife, embarked on a project to reprint a 3rd edition of the Azoetia, one of the most sought after of the late Chumbley's works. There was a lot of excitement in the community because this was our chance to acquire his work without having to pay blackmarket scalper prices. For a fraction of the normal $2000+ price tag, one could own a deluxe version of this amazing tome- $465 plus shipping. In my country it happened to be around $50.

It was to be leather, hand stitched, hand bound- this man's words forever enshrouded in an opulent binding that would leave tongues wagging.

As a grimoire collector and avid reader myself, I jumped at the chance to get my hands on something Id never be able to again. I ordered one of each. A standard copy i could read, and a deluxe could put away and savour for years to come.

after a nearly two year wait, three weeks ago , i got my copy. You all know how much i love new book day.

Imagine my surprise and disdain to discover the book looked like something someone SHOULD have thrown away. the binding was loose, not attached to the paper, which was bent, misshappen and distorted when you opened it. The cover itself was actually WRINKLED at the spine... As a book collector, instead of being a beautiful investment piece, Im left with a big heaping pile of.... read only copy. I bought the standard to be my read only copy. I didnt need a $500 reading copy...

I decided , "Well, ok things happen, dont they? I'll just email them, show them pictures. Theyve always done well by me in the past, im sure they will take care of this for me." So i emailed them a polite request to look at the photos of what i paid over $500 and waited nearly two years for.

i got nothing.

a few days later, another polite request.

I got nothing.

Here we are two weeks later and several polite requests later....

still nothing. Not a peep.

Suffice it to say this is the WORST customer service I've ever dealt with. I am appalled at their lack of concern. I can only assume its because I live out of the country (they are in California) and the book is heavy therefore they figured I would not bother trying to return it or get what i paid for.

Xoanon, Im disappointed in you. I've purchased from you numerous times , spent a lot of money on your books and this is how you treat your customers. Well done.

Feast your eyes everyone on my $500+ brick.
Anatel this is a Shame that someone could send you a book that's been used and nasty looking that belong to somebody else I order from Amazon all the time . I have never had a problem with items ordered from them they should refund your money its just wrong to do this to anybody with. the money they want you to spend for these books ' I am sorry this happen to you
I Have Won Sinner Of The Month Five Times Now ' My Grandmother Always Said either Stand For Something are You Will Fall for Anything ' I am not Just Walking My path . I am Living it !
Anatel

this wasnt ordered from amazon. it was pre ordered from Xoanon Publishing- a grimoire publisher out of California. The book hasnt been used either. They were hand stitched hand made and THAT is the result of it. Its pure carelessness on whoever put it together.
user1876
Patron Deities: Azazel Rosier
Your favourite Demon?: Azazel Satan Prince Mo Prince V Lucifer Mammon Belial Rosier Babael Paimon
Number of Demon Familiars: 26

Anatel wrote:this wasnt ordered from amazon. it was pre ordered from Xoanon Publishing- a grimoire publisher out of California. The book hasnt been used either. They were hand stitched hand made and THAT is the result of it. Its pure carelessness on whoever put it together.
it really is carelessness on their part their is no way they should have sent this book out to you ' are anyone else for that matter . its a shame
I Have Won Sinner Of The Month Five Times Now ' My Grandmother Always Said either Stand For Something are You Will Fall for Anything ' I am not Just Walking My path . I am Living it !
1(13)666(13)1
SINNER OF THE FORUM
Number of Demon Familiars: 8

dang, thats no bueno! Im sorry Anatel :hug:

Adorable thumbs you got though :lol: ;)
Anatel

Christian wrote:dang, thats no bueno! Im sorry Anatel :hug:

Adorable thumbs you got though :lol: ;)
ROFLMAO those are not my thumbs!!! those are a friend of mine's thumbs :lol: those are man hands gah. My nails are always done! LOL
1(13)666(13)1
SINNER OF THE FORUM
Number of Demon Familiars: 8

:ninja: shes tricked us's...... :scareddevil: *hides
User5191
Your favourite Demon?: DW and the DF
Number of Demon Familiars: 10

Holy shit... Seriously. Yeah, that's like the worst customer service. Well, not good for sure. I guess it would be much worse if you contacted them and they swore at you and told you it was your fault. But still... Damn.... That's an expensive fuck up. I hope they find a way to make it right!!
"Verily I say unto thee, thou shalt gaze upon my field of fucks, and ye shall see that it is barren." -Bathosias

"Allow me to quote myself" -Bathosias

Return to “Book Reviews and Recommendations”